Remember these fittings ?

sum of the best

been scaffolding since 1999 not that long as sum of u on here, but used most of them, hooks and mills fitting are the best ever, dh cum in handy 2 still used them down west wales, cus u can use them u say thay r sh*t sum scaff u r?

Used em all am..

Bet there are still cowboy outfits with 1/2 inch fittings.

Still rate DH's. for toe boards, B and P's for tight spaces and great splices and mills Singles, can use the latter as a swivel and for clipping ladders at a push.

Used em all am..

Bet there are still cowboy outfits with 1/2 inch fittings.

Still rate DH's. for toe boards, B and P's for tight spaces and great splices and mills Singles, can use the latter as a swivel and for clipping ladders at a push.

Why would you be a cowboy firm if you used Half inch fittings ?

McAlpines only ever used Half inch doubles , singles, and joiners

Surely the mark of a cowboy is the standard of work not what fittings they use

personally i love Band and Plate as it what i was taught with

band and plate great fitting as long as thumb screw was working

Have had a go at naming the fittings shown(new game?)Can honestly say have used most of them except for the Big Ben type.The one's with question marks are one
' I'm not sure of.

Attachments

• archivefittings.jpg
    archivefittings.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 81
Nothing Wrong with 1/2 inch fittings. When Boulton doubles were about, we used to base out with 1/2 inch and use them for spurring and head gear on hangers.
They are still used widely in Oz too.

The top one , we used to use them on SGB and Evans in the 60's, quite handy for toeboards as well. I beliece SGB made them.

Used them all in my time, mind you i have been in the game going on for 48 years LOL, where does your life go

they seem to use these fittings alot now in the middle east and china

top left big ben bomb i think , bottom right 1/2 inch mills , next to it an old sgb double

makes me feel so young and inexperienced looking through some of these old fittings. but i have used a few of them :D

The LBC's are a useful bit of kit as are the fanny clips ........unfortunately l have used a few of the others but they all had place nice.

Top Bottom