Remember these fittings ?

Tis brilliant to see a photo of those old fittings -- I've used all bar 5 of them (and often on target).

The big bombers (next to the DH and band n plate) were still in use on UBM when I was working for them in the early 80s -- bloody awful fitting. If I remember right you could only get about 15 in a sack :(

Some firms only had the fanny clips like Quick Fix only had the fanny clips, and the stupid toeboard clips (shaped like a question mark).

Thanks for posting

We've still got most of these as well.
We us a lot of sets here but the rest are at the bottom of the fitting bins,and are only used as a last resort.... Usually the best serviced fittings in our yard.

I've also got some bands all covered in some kind of tar-like paint here that had been used on the racks inside a mountain in north wales during the second world war that held works of art and the likes...Story goes that the crown jewels were kept there as well..??

Still use the mills doubles/swivels& hooks on a daily basis + we use the fanny clamps when were short of singles.
Use the fanny clamps at ratcliffe for jobs off of the pendants regularly as well. :D

if you look at the fittings and what we use now they are just a redesign bandom plate,old sleeve, daft(pins not used as much) sticky(still in use)millsys ect stil used by interserve the top one is a trasom clip jaws are for the wedge done the job back in the day before the regs got tighter hookeys terrible fitting.:laugh:

Last edited:
Band and plate

Just had a rummage through the museum end of the fitting shed and found some old classics , anyone remember or even still using any of these ?

I certainly don`t miss using singles A.K.A minges or fannies and those `sticky willy` doubles are good for building racks but feck all else .

archivefittings.jpg

I still use the chair on the band and plate :eek:

if you look at the fittings and what we use now they are just a redesign bandom plate,old sleeve, daft(pins not used as much) sticky(still in use)millsys ect stil used by interserve the top one is a trasom clip jaws are for the wedge done the job back in the day before the regs got tighter hookeys terrible fitting.:laugh:

Morning Chris,
for the record it's a Band & Plate.
This used to be a 3 part coupler, the third part (the chair) started to dissapear from use around the start of the 1970's. We always used to put them in on shoring jobs.
regards
Alan

Last edited:
Alrite fellas??

Good evening fellow tubular techs.
I'm 37 advanced lookin forward to gettin amongst the banter.
:D

hi blade,welcome

used all them at some time,except the old channel bar fixing(top centre);)

Top Bottom