RE: Simon Hughes../ FREE TRAINING...

One of my experiences of train to gain for people for nothing is they have to get a job, I have read through this ectib thread and as far as I can see Dico and T animal are the only two suffering from this, it looks like they are both down south. Terry why don't you take them on at finest, get them their free training and cards because if they lived near the lake district I would give them a job. However if these two were trained I think the forum would have nothing else to talk about.

Which came 1st, the Chicken or the Egg? or should i say, " who was originally trained to train the trainer"?:rolleyes:

Not sure paddy but one of trainers I know not only as years of experience on the tools but also as a masters degree in health & safety not bad for a scaff :D

Yeah I appreciate all this fellas. My dad got given an old CITB advanced card without as much as having to fill out a form.

Having now been involved in the game for nearly 20 years, I do feel that I've got half an idea about what's what in the industry.

All I'm saying is that like it or not, 'formal training' is NOW required for anyone wishing to obtain a CISRS card for the first time. There's no other way round it. (See my earlier post on page 5)

I'm not saying it's fair lads. I'm just saying how it is.

If there was anything I could do to help out a fellow scaffolder stuck in a situation like this, then I'd be glad to help. But there isn't.

Regards

Phil.

Hi Phil, you might be right but let's hope not. As a minimum, if we have to go down let's go down at least trying. There is a growing sense of dissatisfaction amongst some members on here and if we ever manage to reach a consensus things could begin to change. Might be a bit idealistic but until someone comes up with a better plan that will need to do.

Last edited:
Hi Phil, you might be right but let's hope not. As a minimum, if we have to go down let's go down at least trying. There is a growing sense of dissatisfaction amongst some members on here and if we ever manage to reach a consensus thinks could begin to change. Might be a bit idealistic but until someone comes up with a better plan that will need to do.

Well, with all due respect mate, if anyone wants to fritter their time away on trying to reverse this issue, then good luck to them.

Personally though, I think that life's too short to bother with lost causes.

Good luck anyway.

One of my experiences of train to gain for people for nothing is they have to get a job, I have read through this ectib thread and as far as I can see Dico and T animal are the only two suffering from this, it looks like they are both down south. Terry why don't you take them on at finest, get them their free training and cards because if they lived near the lake district I would give them a job. However if these two were trained I think the forum would have nothing else to talk about.

would like to thank all the people that have offered my self and animal work on this forum its most apreciated wont mention any names as dont want them being pm but they no who they are my self and animal are not short of work but were trying to sought this ticket out instead of letting certain people get away with what there doing i think its quiet funny had a scaffold consultant come on sight last week and say are you dico no iam animal he replied.well iam dave mosley he replied.no your not animal replied your so and so come out to wind me and dico up i wont mention hes name but he comes
on here.all in the best taste.

When i started scaffolding, 1978, we were classed as 'Semi-skilled' as there was no C&G attached to scaffolding, we were classed as the likes of 'Drainers,and Paviors' we were on a lower pay level than the so called 'proper tradesmen' horrible feckin brickies and chippies that thought, and still do think they are the 'Dogs'.

Where was H&S then? HASAWA was there, but in what circumstances was it implemented, Feck all, more reading material for the gaffers, more than likely filed in the bin with the expenses sheets.

I realise, that now being a 'Dinosaur Scaff' 50 years of age, that just started at the intro of CITB scheme, the CISRS must realise that there cant be many more of us owld *****, requiring training, or requesting 'Grandfather Rights or ASRE'.

Let the Training begin again, and the ££££££££££££ back into the training centres, the ECITB lads have been shafted.

When i started scaffolding, 1978, we were classed as 'Semi-skilled' as there was no C&G attached to scaffolding, we were classed as the likes of 'Drainers,and Paviors' we were on a lower pay level than the so called 'proper tradesmen' horrible feckin brickies and chippies that thought, and still do think they are the 'Dogs'.

Where was H&S then? HASAWA was there, but in what circumstances was it implemented, Feck all, more reading material for the gaffers, more than likely filed in the bin with the expenses sheets.

I realise, that now being a 'Dinosaur Scaff' 50 years of age, that just started at the intro of CITB scheme, the CISRS must realise that there cant be many more of us owld *****, requiring training, or requesting 'Grandfather Rights or ASRE'.

Let the Training begin again, and the ££££££££££££ back into the training centres, the ECITB lads have been shafted.

go paddy go yeah. now scaffoldings being respected every one wants a slice
weve gone from a labourers wage to a decent wage back to a well i wont say
wage. shame more want cake than they need how about a little bit of cake back lol !!!!!1

paddy, you have been in the game for years, can i ask how long ago did scaffolding companies, start using agencies for workers. this system stinks as they have lowered the wage and tone of a trained skilled worker. sorry for this random question, its just in the back of my mind.

paddy, you have been in the game for years, can i ask how long ago did scaffolding companies, start using agencies for workers. this system stinks as they have lowered the wage and tone of a trained skilled worker. sorry for this random question, its just in the back of my mind.

Hi Sharon
No apologies needed on this forum, however, i have been one of the lucky ones, been with the same firm 32 years.

I havent, had to work for a Agency, yet there is guys on this Forum that do. If nobody answers your question on this thread, maybe, we can open a new thread on Agencies.

You will get your answers Sharon, there is some very knowledgeable, members.

Regards
Paddy

hi sharon 111 there is a few bad agencies out there but there is some good
not many but they are there i worked for ash employment services they were spot on as any scaff that worked for them will say if you can net 1700 for a 70 hour week with lodge your on a good one its a shame the bad ones give the good ones a bad names.

Need to check your thread reading. There are at least 8 ECITB guys that have posted in regards this matter on the forum & I have been in contact with at least ten others, in total we think around 3000 have been affected by this.

No one is questioning training, you need it. Its the start of training that is in question. Part 2 then train part two etc.

I also took my gold card on the assessed route & would have paased it if I had stayed in the pub. The whole system needs an overhaul. Part 2 scaffolders coming out who cannot read a drawing. Yet we are supposed to have drawings for most jobs!!

If you are going to change something then at least get the industry on par first!!

Advanced rails etc as from November!! How many firms will use these & how many won't?

Ragscaff

Advanced rails etc as from November!! How many firms will use these & how many won't?

We started using them a month or so ago, its a matter of changing the way you work. It does slow you down, my mate quite likes it as the handrail is there when you get up but hes never been too comfy with heights.

I spoke to my old boss this week and he said "Feck them, we wont be using them for another 3 years atleast!"

Id know he will get away with it aslong as he can, hes a tight arse to start with but he wont want to slow production down as it will cost him too much ontop of the purchase of the steps!

I totally agree on the reading of drawings - i know so many scaffs who cant at part 2 level but then again isnt it only advanced scaffs who are suppossed to read the drawings or 'supervise' the job?

:embarrest:

Need to check your thread reading. There are at least 8 ECITB guys that have posted in regards this matter on the forum & I have been in contact with at least ten others, in total we think around 3000 have been affected by this.
Ragscaff

Ragscaff

8+10=3000????

If this is about making money for NASC, CISRS & training centres, as you have suggested previously, I can't see anyone getting rich quick off the backs of 18 men, who at the end of the day will come out of it with the training that is required.

Out of interest, while we're talking figures, how many members does the SCCR have?

Tony

one man having to regain his right to work is too many tony,one man having his powers of earning for his familys livelyhood taken away from him in such bleak times is one too many never mind 18. near on one million public sector workers face the ignomity of the dole not to mention the numbers in support jobs added to this,the eictb guys.they certinly dont need this at such a horrible time,and at christmas too gret planning eh.

dose it matter,read the txt more unemployed needlessly,that says it all.no need for long drawn out slanging matches gets nowhere iv discovered.

sorry tony if you thought i was being short with you i wasnt,just cant see why all scaffs dont pull rank on this one,the non recognitition of the eictb card in december for me is poor,im looking past the card and seeing the guys the human beings,not the card mate.

sorry tony if you thought i was being short with you i wasnt,just cant see why all scaffs dont pull rank on this one,the non recognitition of the eictb card in december for me is poor,im looking past the card and seeing the guys the human beings,not the card mate.

Celtic, in fairness mate it's not like these lads have not had a lot of notice.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom