RE: Simon Hughes../ FREE TRAINING...

Theres always two sides to an arguament. If allegations were being made against me I'd definitely put my side of the story across. That said it could be just a case of sour grapes on Finers side, who knows:

Ian

Please identify anything in my last post that can be deemed as "sour grapes?"

Whilst you are at it, maybe you can also comment on my suggestion of Safety & Access getting together with Simian Risk to provide a solution to the ECITB card issue? Opening the ARoE scheme for a period of time to evaluate and grade those men and subsequently being enrolled on the CISRS scheme seems a very straightforward solution wouldn't you agree?

Maybe Dave Abe and yourself can take this suggestion to your respective leaders? I am sure the funding can be obtained via a government source under the current marketing ploy being adopted of "free training available."
You are quick to question motives and agendas, but talk is cheap. How about a little proactive work on behalf of those ECITB guys out there currently facing this industry problem? It seems some are very quick to advertise and highlight what the CAN DO for a fee of course..........why CAN'T the above suggestion be put into practise? No fee involved of course, just putting a bit back in that regularly gets taken out, simples!..........or could that just be another case of my sour grapes of course.

Regards

Finer.

!!!!!

Last edited:
We have asked for the ECITB guys to have an Assessed route of entry but this has been refused. This was one of the first actions of the SCCR.

I have posted an update on what we have been doing with this situation on the ECITB thread & the SCCR page.

Simon Hughes was invited to the meeting by the HSE. I invited him to stay for the meeting as I felt it would be beneficial to get the views from him direct on the issues we raised.

The bullet point report will be posted Sunday on the SCCR page. The full report will be posted on the SCCR web site sometime next week.

Stewart Quinney
Chairman
SCCR

Here's a thought Ian we know the ECITB , The companies and the Unions sold them down the river . But when working on Blue book site's a Grand a week to draw was the normal wage , So surely they could have paid for there own training by the way if you do pay for training then it is tax deductable from your tax returns.
So on average earning say 40k a year how much of that 40k was put back into furthering your education each year. As training development for SCCR I would like to know. Sometimes you do have to speculate to accumulate....

whats money got to do with it dosent matter if your on a 1500 or a fiver a week at the end of the day you were getting paid as a scaffolder speculate to accumulate were going off the road again. dont exspect any body to sought the ecitb out only the persons involved.gana be a load of part 1s next year running around the sites untill they get there part 2s passed some firms have only just put there lads through due to this ecitb ticket and thats only the large firms that could afford it and the lads only went
on it cos they had there petrol paid and were on 8 hrs a day so lost nothing at the end
just a bit of bonus.

the assessed route of entry would have been the best option to both parties and citbe would still benefit financily

You know what they say rnroll, common sense isn't so common.

I have drinking buddies who are brickies , joiners and plumbers etc all they have to do is a cscs touch screen every 5 years and they moan about that . Our part of the industry is being taken to the cleaners on this . The bottom line is the ecitb guys should have been offered direct access to citb accreditation end off .

I have drinking buddies who are brickies , joiners and plumbers etc all they have to do is a cscs touch screen every 5 years and they moan about that . Our part of the industry is being taken to the cleaners on this . The bottom line is the ecitb guys should have been offered direct access to citb accreditation end off .

The assessed route was around for years for scaffolders to get accreditation.ECITB & CISRS are two seperate companies. Why should CISRS pick up the cost they are a business after all. Its like me saying Joe Bloggs Scaffolding has made a balls up of the scaffolding on my site so your scaffold company should come and put it right at your cost.

PS
If there is a JOE Bloggs scaffolding out there I wasn't refering to you :D

hi Ian,

Could you tell me then who is picking up the tab for all the free training floating about?

I know you never mentioned it but it's there, and you did mention cisrs picking up the tab for ecitb guy's. The crux of the matter is money is changing hands for some and not others, is the tax payer getting value for money or is the cash coming from revenue raised from construction companies direct and if so what are they getting in return for sending experienced men back to school to learn the correct method of erecting an 8x8 tower?

One other point, what exactly would be the cost to cisrs to offer the ecitb guy's a like for like ticket?

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

OK there may be exceptions

And that's just a sprat to catch a mackrel.

I don`t think the cisrs should pick up the bill either I just feel the five day assessed route should still be available to ecitb scaffs .
Paying for a five day course is a lot less painfull than starting from scratch as a part one . Offcoarse there is alot more money to be made from training if these experienced guys are kicked right back to the start . I have worked alongside a lot of these guys and I cannot help getting annoyed when I feel they are getting their pockets raided .
Just my opinion , sorry for any spelling mistakes:embarrest:

Why should they make the assesed route availabel again? You had a 10 year chance to do that.

eh, how about to help a fellow scaff who is now struggling?

Hi Brandy,

It always amazes me the sheer number of people who wouldn't help their fellow man.

CISRS is a business.

If they go bust & then all scaffolders have a new system what then?

Not just ECITB!!!!

Any scaffolder who is experienced should be assessed at the level they are at!!

NOT ASSESSED ROUTE BUT SKILL BASED!!!

Part two level take the part two course, Advanced take the advanced course.

10 - 20 years experience doing advanced work why sit a trainee course?

If they fail send them down a level.

Simples YES.

Ragscaff

dean why was the assessed route 1st implemented????yes to accredit guys who had a wealth of experiance,and what comes with experiance????yes knowledge,knowledge that our industry can ill afford to dispence of but amazingly are dispencing off.thats ok dump these guys with their vast knowledge of the game and bring in another 5000 advance trainees who try tell you what to do after 24 months because iv got my gold card hahahahahah,return the assessed route for the eictb guys at no charge,then start to reassess these cowboy gold card holders who know the lot in 24months,i await the outcome with sniggerouse laughter on that one.

Top Bottom