Opinions on drill or spanner

come on guys im all for progression but for me using the spanner is part of scaffolding has been since i started 20 years ago perhaps im old school but love the spanner

so was holding your level untill the magnetic level came in.

Do you know what guys think I might buy myself a drill. NOT!!!!!!! Hahaha

An I.W. is a valuable addition to the scaffolders armoury,but not before mastering the swingover,good spanner etiquette is poetry in motion and becomes as natural as swigging a pint;)

I was the same as u maison till a neck injury kinda put me into the idea & ive not looked back.....as for the question on rams & torque etc - even if your main contractor doesnt want you using it for erecting then use it for striking or simply ask them why they dont stop the chippies using nail guns or tackers multi scew drivers...its just natural evolution for us the same way in which we went to from normal bubles to the old 4 mag type to the now earth mags or the old adjustable wrench to the ring ratchets....now its the time for IWs

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

any good on band and plate

Do people really still ue them lolo

marra Hello mate good point .im all for safety ie magnetic levels tethered tolls but you have to keep some heritage

are IW's big ? an updated version of the spanner or ratchet with a battery sounds good , just dont like the idea of walking around with a drill..

are IW's big ? an updated version of the spanner or ratchet with a battery sounds good , just dont like the idea of walking around with a drill..
It's a small drill but can be awkward at times but so much easier on wrists elbows shoulders

stleger make ya right feel like a chipe .bit like a brike walking around with a double ended spanner lol

impact wrench

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

SPANNER!!

those ******* poxy drills are **** and also noisy, I had some 'flash' **** come on site with one and was putting in trannies with it so I politely told him either stop using that drill or we shall fall out...

the drill ended up going for a burton, and I can confirm when they are thrown off the top of 7 lifts they smash!!

(well it was either him or the drill) :laugh:

fantastic should of thrown him off to:nuts::nuts:

that is a good point, however my mate had a "IW" and let me have a go and to be honest i could not get on with it. SPANNERS ALL THE WAY...

that is a good point, however my mate had a "IW" and let me have a go and to be honest i could not get on with it. SPANNERS ALL THE WAY...

Im happy to use an IW, as long as Mr Mack says i can. :cool:

The frill of the drill for me is nil so I'll stick to the spanner and work the old fashioned manor

My opinion the wrench is the best thing since slice bread lol

Top Bottom