Opinions on drill or spanner

I cant believe no one has picked up that i ranked using a Spanner as a hammer BEFORE using it as an actual spanner?? lol.

Just wondering as IWs have not reached these far flung shores yet if when the boss phones up do scaffolders with IWs give the trigger a quick squeeze so the boss thinks they are grafting? A far more modern approach than the tap tap of a spanner against steel used years ago.

Ya, that or whacking the nearest bus stop/post box with it! ;)

True. I thought i had a fan-base too.
Seems its just Rob Mack who reads them. :D

Ya! or do a challenge, who can unwrap a Spanner tangled up in a tool tether wearing a blindfold under water the quickest. :cool:

Better change ur trade as a chippy if u want drills, :):):) spanner best tool for a proper scaff

Interesting view adrian Can i politely ask you how long u've been scaffolding, & have you ever had the chance to try one urself

Wait until all these young guns have been scaffolding 20 to 30 years when tennis elbow starts then shoulder probs and how about wrist problems .and still have bills to pay I bet a few of these lads will be getting a impact wrench.if not you won't be able to work any more.

Of the same opinion as u gary .i was told when i 1st started that u get bold scaffolders & old scaffolders but u dont get many old bold scaffolders.there have been many threads on this subject & i just cant understand the mentality of people who condem them & there benifits without even trying them.....cos they wanna be proper scaffs-please!!!!.
I can spin up @ least 3 fittings to a spanners 1....& as for striking its effortless- your productivity is up as well as your ability to earn more so why wouldn't anyone want that. I think theyre the best thing to come into the industry since we got magnetic bubbles

Of the same opinion as u gary .i was told when i 1st started that u get bold scaffolders & old scaffolders but u dont get many old bold scaffolders.there have been many threads on this subject & i just cant understand the mentality of people who condem them & there benifits without even trying them.....cos they wanna be proper scaffs-please!!!!.
I can spin up @ least 3 fittings to a spanners 1....& as for striking its effortless- your productivity is up as well as your ability to earn more so why wouldn't anyone want that. I think theyre the best thing to come into the industry since we got magnetic bubbles
It's down to cost

You have to masturbate to ejaculate..if u wanna earn money you have to invest in your tools...the first one i ever bought was only £65 off ebay...but i know what u mean- to the youngens a new set up would cost. Nearly a full weeks wages thats a lot of beer tokens or drug deals lolo

Just got myself a makita lst week of using it cant believe how much faster it is 30 yrs of using a spanner all l can say the spanners dead long live the wrench

BTW251. Cant go wrong wiv it m8 theyre almost bullit proof

F+ck drills time you have got down to get your new battery you'v done up 50 nuts

Take it u dont know that the battery lasts on average till dinner...when u charge up in the canteen or put ur 2nd battery on - i struck just over 800' on weds on W batts so that'll give u an idea of the duration of there use & unlike with a spanner thre is no strain on ur wrist

dinner was that wilst your having you lovely dinner ive just struck 900 lol

I've been on the spanner nearly 20yrs and my body and wrists ache!. I wasn't interested in the iw, until my mate let me use his. Now I'm very impressed and I will always have one as a part of my kit.
Trust me guys, don't knock it till u try it
I have the hilti iw( just from recommendation!)

Would love to try one but as post 7 says rams stop me from trying it

Come on guys im all for progression but for me using the spanner is part of scaffolding has been since i started 20 years ago perhaps im old school but love the spanner

Top Bottom