offshore work??

Makes a change, I spent a year phoning the big 3 before I got a start. Hope it picks up for the guys.

Hardly surprising, a lot of guys have packed in due to the nonsense conditions but if you want a summer of zero hour contracts and a p45 in October if your lucky then fill your boots lads.

Have you got an office number mate, rather than the main office. Cheers.

Will pm you

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Hardly surprising, a lot of guys have packed in due to the nonsense conditions but if you want a summer of zero hour contracts and a p45 in October if your lucky then fill your boots lads.

a know mate, never say never but they're definitely the worst out the big 3 now

Can u pm the number Markus
Got all certs and trying for my first trip

Is it really that bad scaffa? I been inindated with emails/calls from all 3 (worked for them all previously with good runs up until end of 2014 when I decided to start my own thing that's still going) I was actually considering one of the offers in particular as it has a 2 on 2 off rota. all my offshore certs bout to run out again next month so worst case scenario get all my refreshers :laugh: oil and gas used to be a great and secure line of work. WTF has happened? Industry always been renound for backstabbers can only assume this got worse when the ars3 fell out the prices last year and the pay offs were thick and fast?

Probably a good time for green hats to get out even if you only get 3 or 4 trips it will get u a vantage ID, a little experience and possibly a foot in the door, still put a few quid aside for Santa as nothing in scaffolding industry is permanent.

01502 589227 Bilfinger HR 01224 246213 Bilfinger Aberdeen (direct line)

Good luck lads ;)

Assuming you done more trips than Pete Docherty? :laugh: I met a lot of good guys out there as well, lads I stay in touch with to this day. What a shame to see the game on its knees. I had some proper laughs out there with the boys, let's say we made the most of the Barrs shandy :laugh

Just finnished a trip not been offshore since the end of January 15 and the change is shocking it suits me for the time being due to childcare issues but I can't see me planning too far ahead which is just as well by the look of things

Just finnished a trip not been offshore since the end of January 15 and the change is shocking it suits me for the time being due to childcare issues but I can't see me planning too far ahead which is just as well by the look of things

Sad too hear happy, u think it will come back in the foreseeable future?

theres work out there but the conditions and treatment of men has went back 15-20 years
3 weeks are the norm now
Lord Cullen statwed in his report on the PIPER ALPHA DISASTER that the offshore worker was ready for home after 10 DAYS,NOT 20
THE CONDITIONS WHICH WERE HARD FOUGHT FOR HAVE BEEN GIVEN BACK WITHOUT A FIGHT SHAME ON YOUS YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE:mad:

The sad fact is Happy that a lot of guys would work out there for half the money and even worse conditions, bed and board and they are delighted. We will just have to wait for the next disaster to sort it out, sad but true,
Even heard that hot bedding is on the go, were will it stop ffs.

last trip i seen a shoal of jelly fish and they had more backbone mate :)

😂😂😂

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Anyone on the clair ridge hook up PM me got a few offers but heard this is a good one, info on whether its OCA + overtime or dayrate etc. I have been informed it's a 2 on 2 off rota atm but it is being reviewed. Also there could be a possible 12months + work. Not to be sniffed if that's the crack. Any info appreciated boys.

As mentioned before I had contact from the big 3 out there so anyone looking for a start now is ur time. Capes men have been selected but stork and salamis still busy.

Hi Guys.

What's your thoughts on Offshore Scaffs with/or getting Rope Access tickets ? Is it worth while ? Is there a demand or need for it ?

kind regards

Baz

Top Bottom