offshore work??

Appraisal should conducted annually or after the first trip on a new platform.
The appraiser should be a competent person in this line if work
IE A one accessor or some forum company portfolio or record of training ,
If in doubt ask for his training on this, if he can not prove he has qualified to do this ,then you have the right appeal.

The chances of whoever it is assessing you offshore having these qualifications are pretty slim Oldscaff, your right of appeal is refusing to sign any appraisal that you are not happy with, I have done a few of these and never done a bad one yet and I have had a right few realyins pass through, your right about it being done after the first trip but it`s really just a company requirement and if someone gives a bad one they are just being a tosser.

I agree lads. It's usually 1st trip but we were gettin 6 monthly assessments and I also know that a few years ago Nexen were giving lads appraisal in the form of an anual bonus obviously the core crew and c0ck suckers were guaranteed this but the long term ADHOC lads were "individual assessed"

If you are badly assessed and it involves payments any grievence you have should be done through a union, this kind of appraisal should be banned as it causes grief and backstabbing wherever it`s implemented. If someone is assessing people for remunaration they should be qualified.

Alright lads. What's happening with the 3x3 debate all gone a bit quite. What's the latest? I have heard a few stories of bring it on.

The 3x3 debate is no longer a debate it`s happening on the Forties as far as I know. All said and done I am looking to get out of the North Sea if this is the backward steps that are being taken. There will also be a lot of guys losing their jobs as this rota is designed to cut manpower. My own opinion is that we should be going down the Norwegian route and creating jobshare positions on 2x4 or 3x6 rotation keeping guys in long term work all be it with reduced earning potential. This is just my opinion, I don`t like the idea of spending over half my life on a rust bucket in the middle of the North Sea.

Good day all hope all is well
Still ongoing with the 3x3 debates and will keep you posted but as posted its started

I have heard some projects will start next week and in the next few months
Salamis to upman on the Alder project construction work Brtaina platform using Flotel Cos rivel 5 trips .
Salamis to upman for the start of Murchison for Decommissioning work ,

Stork to upman on the BG everest and armada project fotel to be confirmed could be 9 trips
Stork to start cygnus hookup 12 trips and could be more

Cape to up man in june /july for BP Etap project Flotel for 6 trips or longer 'Safe Caledonia for 12 months from june
Cape again for june /july for BP clair and clair ridge first faze hook up aging Flotel and cloud be 6 trips .

So do not have any more news on any industrial action but it will take time and will be posted
Any other construction news or shutdowns I hear off I will be glad to add to this post
as you no there should be no secrets in the scaffold world

Last edited:
Old Scaff-Old Friend
cheers for the update but altghough there will always be work offshore as you and i have always worked even in worse times this hole debaccle has been a ploy by the OiL and Gas Companies and the contractors to put pressure on the Government and a chance to kick the Workers rights back to were they were before i started offshore in 95.
3 and 3 was always an easy target when GREEDY CUUNTS are in then offices on the Rig asking for extra time before even taking the survival suit off.
THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR FECKING UP EVERYTHING THAT SO MANY HAD FOUGHT SO HARD TO GET

93% have voted for industrial action ,was announced yesterday

Looking forward to the next step on this to see what it takes for the Oil Cartels to stop milking the Bears

What do you do when company promised 14s then when you get their your on 12s then lad kicks off that's got 5 yrs service and some walk others don't what do you do

You take it on the chin mate and a lesson learned, being verbally told your on 14s is never a given. So just go about your business and take all inbetweenes and hang out every job you can until something better shows up. you might look a big man walking off but it won`t impress the lads when you can`t get the next round.

What do you do when company promised 14s then when you get their your on 12s then lad kicks off that's got 5 yrs service and some walk others don't what do you do

Get your head down and be grateful you have a job.....dog eat dog now son...

Dog eat dog......... No the best quote to be using when there is a possibility of industrial action on the horizon.

Solidarity brothers!

Hi guys, is it worth me doing my boiset, mist, ca ebs and medical, I have them booked for next week, but all I keep hearing is that there is no work and the only way you'll get a job offshore is if you know someone?? Unfortunately I don't, what do you think, should I do it and keep ringing and emailing or should I hold fire and stay where I am for a bit?

You will get a start but for how long you will never know, a lot of luck needed offshore not just who you know.

Scaffarobbo any news on why the proposed strike offshore has been put on hold
I'm not working offshore at the moment so not up to speed ;)

GMB and Unite in there wisdom have agreed to go to the members with an improved deal, this so called deal still has 3 x 3 tied to it. As far as I am aware the deal is to take away holidays and put everyone on 3 x 3 then spout of about an 8 grand pay rise (8 grand will be the top earners)basically they are buying the holidays. I am a long time member of Unite Amicus section and totally disgusted by the way they have tackled this, membership will be given up as soon as this debacle is over.

11 years done and dusted for me offshore ,last trip has been completed.north sea is now nothing more than a joke.I know a lot of lads have been getting ripped off for yrs with the OCA rates but over the last 4 years i have been lucky enough to have been on a certain big oil companies day rate,all well and good until the new Clair ridge hook up loomed up on the horizon any position above charge hand stay on there day rate while the rest are forced to take up to a 15% to 20% pay cut to basically work on nothing more than a labour camp .90% of management are a joke , lads are being treated like sh"t already and the jobs not even 3 weeks old..

if anyone is offered a start on this job i would advise to steer well clear. the amount of men they are going to go threw on this job will be some sort of record...

Top Bottom