offshore work??

to think that after the Piper and the sit ins we have ended up at this stage.
i blame the so called men that BEG for 3 weekers because they are buying a new tele etc;)

So I'm currently sitting on a rig this afternoon my supervisor showed me an email saying, OK the men are due off tomorrow or Monday, can you advise them they are all getting paid off please?... what's everyone's thoughts on that?

i just got paid off this week mate ,stork no doubt,rumour has it the uk side of things are wrapping up for them,but that could just be another load of north sea ******** ,its in season

wtf is happening out there? I came back to work in the beach in January and by the looks of things glad I did. That's brutal on the lads. I heard from a few mates stork had lost a lot of work? Chin up boys

I must apologize for not posting on the forum for a few months
I have some interesting results regarding OCA and unite ballot results

Press Release on OCA Ballot Result
JULY 29, 2015 ~ OFFSHOREUNITE
OCA PRESS

Offshore oil workers reject contractor association shift change plan

Unite members under the Offshore Contractors Association (OCA) agreement today (Wednesday 29 July) rejected proposals over changes to shift rotas and terms and conditions following a consultative ballot, increasing the likelihood of industrial action in the North Sea.

63.5 per cent per cent of members balloted voted against OCA’s offer to move to a three-on / three-off shift pattern, with a variable remuneration offer to mitigate the impact on terms and conditions caused by the changes to working-time arrangements.

Unite industrial officer Willie Wallace said: “We said previously that our members would have the final say and they are clear that the OCA offer isn’t good enough.

“North Sea employers must do more to address the deep concerns our members have over these shift pattern changes – from loss of earnings and livelihoods to the impact on workplace health and safety and quality of life.

“We are not blind to the challenges facing the industry, indeed we are acutely aware it because the human cost of the downturn is clear in the deep cuts to our members’ incomes and livelihoods.

“However, the lesson the industry has to take from this process is that it must consult and engage with our members in a far more meaningful manner and that any changes impacting lives and livelihoods should not be imposed.”

So here we go see what the next move is from Unite
I am attending a OILC union meeting in Glasgow tomorrow at Premier Inn George ST 1.00pm
All welcome to attend
Best regards Jimmy

Just been paid off from one of the so called big 3, anybody else in the same boat? I'd advise lads who are trying to get a start out there to leave it for a bit.

So I'm currently sitting on a rig this afternoon my supervisor showed me an email saying, OK the men are due off tomorrow or Monday, can you advise them they are all getting paid off please?... what's everyone's thoughts on that?

since when has it been the supervisor job to tell lads they are getting paid off

companies are getting worse by the week out in the north sea, so much for the 45 day consultation period and a meeting with the HR dept. at a guess i say it must be stork doing this.

It wasn't stork, Cape or salamis but not naming any names lol

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

And I'm still looking for work if anyone knows of anything...4 weeks in the house now ffs....what's a double again?

Thats a bad shot there mate. The only other big player is a WIS??

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Cape are advertising ont their website.

Anything happening out there lads? It seems very quiet this year

offshore will start up again come march. big contracts have been awarded allready !!!

What's the money like out there these days for advanced scaffs per week about £1200 gross is it?

Just got all my offshore tickets and medical. My timing couldn't be any worse.

Try further afield there a lot of Ocean out there.

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Just got all my offshore tickets and medical. My timing couldn't be any worse.

Try further afield there's a lot of Ocean out there with an abundance of Platforms.

Last edited:
march is near upon us, ive called a few companies and agencies....**** all happening.

its bad !!!

Anybody have any experience working offshore in Africa? Libya, Angola, Ghana, etc? Any info appreciated.

Top Bottom