offshore work??

ther is a lot of work goin on in the north sea sector at the moment, but its heading for that time of year that companies are laying off soon, the main players ahve already started, you need to be off early in the year, this time of year its all slowing down ready for winter, thems thst stay on are extremely lucky, probably only 2 trips left for project scaffs, till febuary, so if you can get owt else lads, get it.

offshore work riggs

anyone know who if any companys taking on scaffs,riggs uk waters or norwiegan
waters,done my euro bosiet in june 2011 also got up to date medical but keep hitting walls where ever i try ,any advice?

Project Supervisor - Dubai | Scaffolding
Al Futtaim Group

About the Business:

p align"justify"Al-Futtaim Engineering is a multi-disciplinary engineering organisation which has operated throughout the United Arab Emirates since 1974. As a member of the Al-Futtaim Group, we enjoy the benefits of being part of one of the leading business houses operating in the lower Gulf Region. p align"justify"Through our five divisions, we offer a wide variety of products and services in the construction, commercial and industrial sectors. Our involvement in numerous large scale projects in the UAE has given us a wealth of experience. From Scaffolding to Elevators and Security Systems to Air-Conditioning, Sanitaryware and Facilities Management, the Al-Futtaim name spells quality and reliability.p align"justify"One of our Engineering businesses, Scaffolding enjoys a strong reputation for its experience and quality in delivering boutique scaffolding solutions beyond the scope of our competitors as well as for standard scaffolding work.
About the Role:

p align"justify"As a Project Supervisor you will be contacting a general customer base and negotiate enquiries, prepare estimates, plan and execute contract orders.p align"justify"The responsibilities of this role is as such:
- div align"justify"Negotiating terms and conditions of contract scaffolding enquiries with clients- div align"justify"Preparing and submitting quotations including financial estimates, scope of work and programmes- div align"justify"Planning and implementing the programme of works with the client and the contract foremen- div align"justify"Co-ordinating with the commercial department with regard to credit worthiness, invoicing and payments- div align"justify"Co-ordinating with the Logistics department regarding the timeous deployment of materials- div align"justify"Ensuring that all safety and security standards are followed in accordance with design requirements- div align"justify"Managing the total manpower workforce and preparation of skills training requirementsp align"justify"

Skills

About You:

- Must have CITB Advanced Scaffolder with a minimum of 10 years experience- Must have A minimum of 3 years Supervisory experience- Industrial, Oil & Gas and Maintenance experience and a knowledge of Offshore / Onshore procedures will be preferred- Must be Computer literate with good skills in Microsoft Office software- Must have a good knowledge and drive for HSE excellence and compliance in all Scaffolding Operations- Must have a good working knowledge of Quality Assurance procedures related to the Scaffolding Industry and is organised, accurate and thorough with the paperwork required- Must have a good knowledge of Scaffold Design and an ability to assist in solving complex access and support solutions out in the field- Must possess excellent organisational and man management abilities- Must be experience in training the workforce in practical Scaffolding techniques and HSE issues will be an advantage

this is the job they have offered me anyone want the full crack PM me
i have not knocked the job back but trying to sort out a better package

Al Futtaim Engineering have a large scaffolding and formwork division. Used to be run by a guy called Roger dont know if he is still there.
They were doing the external envelope on the next phase of Dubai Airport Expansion. Had a young fellow from Preston called Bob working as a supervisor when the Dubai metro stations were under construction.
Al Futtaim also sponsored Carillions operations in the UAE.

Ive been offered jobs over the years

but the package on offer always was on the low side

and i was making more in uk even after tax

Roger is still the manager and bob has left thats is the job up for grabs
I had the interview 2 months ago in dubai and have been offered the job but the package was low so trying to sort out better package.
the accom is the problem and fuel also the salairy is not the best and the bonis is paid yearly but you had to join the company before july this year to get anything next time paid out so basically nothing untill 2013.

Yes, I had heard that Bob was on a really poor package with below standard accomodation. Then to be fair Bob was in his early twenties with not much supervisory or scaffolding experience when he first rocked up there.
Fuel wouldnt be a big problem unless they had you running all over the place as its cheap as chips there.

the accom and package is poor for what they want you to do to be honest, for me the feul is a big part of it as this job is not and office job and require running around dubai and abu dhabi all at your own cost.

Yer there trying to get someone cheap

and for a big firm like them its crap

and seems more crap than wot they offer me a few years ago

Dubai in general is like most of the world on the backburner

Top Bottom