Offshore are you ready to support

Was it Santa Fe or is that too long ago?

im sure it was a mob called petrolia , who supposedly only had a couple of rigs , and maybe some semi-submersibles that they would move about.

jb78

Fair play to ya---when I was with the likes of ASCO, Deutsman AMOD ect ( Maintenance Crew Service Companies ) I had to erect small access Scaffolds with the help a General assistant or Roustie---all be it in the late 70's early 80's---the Safety Culture was not as it is now PPE was practically now existent then...anyway I know where your coming from, happy days young and didni give a feck for nae c*nt...

thank feck you were young and fresh i was wondering how you could say such strong words in 1 post then come out with that in another.
i have been in the position to get core jobs and walked away from it because i like garry am wasted on these jobs,i would waste the companys time and my own time better give it to some one who wants it

it was actually after i built the job , i joked with some roustie in thr tv room about this is no good , h and s would not be happy , 1 other guy was there and he told OIM , next day i got the threat , i tried to explain i was only jokin but this guy was on a power trip

i was seriusly worried , i didnt know what to do , i actually apologised to this oim , which made me feel even more of a fool

drilling companies are a fecking joke and think they are all texas cowboys we goota get the black gold out a the ground.
they dont give a feck about safety,they care even less about the enviroment

well said nae si daftscafff---a little bird told me that the 3 on and 2 off rota is coming into force for Scaffs, is it being introduced under the Drilling Contracts or some such magumba ???

Addendum---you have PM...

there aint a core crew scaff alive that would strike , oh but there so much better than the adhoc

Ohhhh!! yes there is mate, ME!!..I just rapped a core job at the end of November there with a Norwegian mob operating in the British sector, told them to shuv their job and slot right up there RS after 3yrs with them, biggest mistake I've ever made in my career to date taking the slot, only took it because of the 2/3 slot...money was shitt but I got more time at home as I had been permenant Adhoc for years. I just did not fit in there or feel part of it and I was not like the rest of them, all ass licking idiots all afraid to speak up or even put a view point across...made me sick to watch all that kinda crap from grown men. So if Scaff's strike mate, I hit the cobbles too. But I do agree with you about some dud's that are to afraid to make any moves and support the bears. Shower of Fooking pussies...this games f*ck'd because of some of them, especially offshore.

Last edited:
Well here we go some of the scaffs on here are shaking in there boots already as the word strike has just being mentioned
there has been a few small rumbles offshore lately and what i have heard that the troops got what they wanted i.e. the armada / the bristats loyalty bonus these oil companies will always have cash in the pot in cases they are tested
Now going back to the last big strike 1989 it was not all about money it was for safety and better working conditions most platforms were organised by the platform core crew scaffolders.
Now this was an unofficial strike and you did not have a leg to stand on as it was against the union aggrement at this time.
the plan on certain days was to give 24 hours sit in and start on the forties then the next day it would be the brents and ninians and so on through the rest of the north sea up and down the country.
but what went on was they all went out at the same time so it was a case of wee have done our bit and that's that some of the troops missed out on it as they were on there leave and that was that
If we get to the stage 4 for an all out strike it will have to be done to the book and everyone will do there bit regardless there position the stage will be set out and we will have to give safety cover on the day sitting in the tea shacks and taken our turns if this day comes you should not under estimate your fellow workmates you should get behind them if this comes .
We will have to wait and see what the new year brings

we will see what the cants that do constant 3 weekers are all about if and when it does go to a stage 4,as unite member i shall play my part.
i would also dispute cala,s theory that strikes are worth feck all i have been on a few and to be honest we have got what we wanted which was generally to be treated with the same respect and conditions as other trades.

Happy

It a pity that the UK Sector cannot be Operated along the lines of our Norsk Brothers---Statoil has the right idea ???

Garry...

the difference is that the norwegian governments were never bullied by the yanky cowboys into screwing their own people

Happy

Spot on + could be something about Social inclusion---working together...

the difference is that the norwegian governments were never bullied by the yanky cowboys into screwing their own people

No, but what the Norwegian's in the British sector will do, is screw the British worker...been there seen it 1st hand. They work in our sector but are governed by their own union rules and policies. If you go into the Noggie sector you'll see a big difference in the working conditions etc......were a fuuking joke!!:mad:

Message from Bob Crow to all Offshore Workers
12th December 2011

TO ALL BRANCHES, REGIONAL COUNCILS & REGIONAL OFFICES

Dear Colleagues,

WORK TIME DIRECTIVE PAID LEAVE SUPREME COURT RULING OFFSHORE WORKERS

I write to express to you my utter disgust at the Supreme Court ruling that refuses offshore workers their four-week holiday entitlement. This is an outrageous attack on the very people who are working to keep the UK,s lights on and are providing vast amounts of revenue to the Exchequer in these times of extreme austerity.

Offshore workers are no different from any other worker and deserve the holiday entitlement that every other worker within the UK and Europe enjoys. Make no mistake, RMT is not going to stand idly by and watch our members terms and conditions eroded by mega rich oil companies. Now is the time for every offshore worker to stand up and be counted.

RMT is going to conduct a series of meetings throughout the country starting early next year to gauge our members opinions and I can assure you that if there is a consensus for industrial action then a ballot will be conducted by this union to take the fight to the employers.

I would be grateful if you could bring the contents of this circular to your members.

Yours sincerely

Bob Crow

General Secretary

So what's the plans ?????

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

We have to stand together on this one but my first question is

How can the hadoc scaffolder back the strike ?

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Has any company said they are going to take back the holidays ?

Top Bottom