Offshore are you ready to support

garry i take it thats why you were working on the st fergus gas terminal new builds like ny uncle and ossie etc,all real scaffolders who done their bit.
you may have been blacked but the system did have to conform the safety in the north sea is the best due to the stand you and my uncle and others took so it was not all to no avail.
i do agree that there are too many guys who cant do the job or cant graft so hanging out some cants arse is the way forward and crossing a picket line is one way forward(MAYBE IN THE SHORT TERM).
I CAN WALK INTO ANY TEA HUT WITH MY HEAD HELD HIGH,I HAVE NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE A SCAB A GRASS OR A CRAWLING BESTERD.
I CAN DO MY JOB IF THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH IVE DONE MY BEST

PS i was on total sf3b when you were on the moibil only i was just a wee laddie

Nae si daftscaff

I concur, the Members of the OILC did indeed make a difference in the attitudes of the Operators and, yes there have been seismic sea changes in the Working Regimes and I cite Safety Culture and all the bolt-on Administration and Safety management Systems which are adopted.

I have personalty never crossed a picket line, I would rather Jack, but that's just my personal view, because no job is worth trading my self worth for---after all how many jobs have Scaffolders gone through ???, I cannot remember how many jobs I'v jacked and I dare say you have went through plenty in your Career Path to date eh ???.

All Im saying is the spirit has been fecked out of the Workforce---however, I hope Im wrong...

Fraternal regards

Garry...ex-off, CEU; OILC; AMICUS...

Thats bang on mate, when I was offshore there was so many arse lickers round the gaffers trying to get kept on, it was fuk.in sick... people will always do that ****.....

If your on a decent job and the money is good and you aint gotta kill yourself, you really see how much people value their morals.

Especially in a recession, people will do ANYTHING to keep their job.
Even if that means becoming a total chud and grassing up all and sundry.

Ive had to witness this firsthand on a few jobs now and its not only unfair, its also f.ucking sad. - People should let their work determine, who stays and who goes on a job and not their arse-lapping little tongue.

Anyway.

Im a member of UNITE (pointless, as most unions seem to be nowadays, but handy just encase i need extra advice.), this OILC everyone keeps mentioning, im guessing is the Union for the Offshore work? - If so, is it a requirement to join them before you go out there and those it give you more chance of an offshore job? :wondering:

I know nothing about Offshore stuff at all tbh... Im guessing that Core Crew is the cream team? - Get all the good jobs - better pay?

Core crew is full time crew mate, ie. scaff doubling up as heli crew..

Oh ok, i get ya.

Wouldn't it be better to try to get on a Core Crew then?
Better then 1/2 trips and then given the old 'el-bow', aint it?

a lot of core crew are on 2 on 3 off and paid salary jason . always looking down at the lowly adhoc despite the fact there only in the job cos there dads shagging someone in the office

these C**** have it good enough already, ive done 5 years offshore, worked for a big company 2 years and was never even regarded as a full time employee , everyone knows you get paid money for nothing out there , drank more tea and smoked more than i ever have , offshore ruined my teeth, lol , these ***** that are moaning will be people on contracts who have secure employment , they dont know how lucky they are , if they wanna go on strike, ill happily take their job

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

spot on allan

Very little chance of becoming core crew... unless you know someone. high up, I was full time on the same rig 2 years and was still never classed as core crew.... good job core crew, if offshore is your thing though.

full of back stabbin C**** , i han an OIM try to get me sacked because i was from glasgow and he was a sheep shaggin aberdeen supporter and another one had me building cantilever drops myself or threatened to have me blacklisted in the north sea , its full of C****

How comes Core Crew sounds EXACTLY like most sites i work on? :notrust:
Ive worked with that many c.unts, that im also a fully qualified gynaecologist, lol.

full of back stabbin C**** , i han an OIM try to get me sacked because i was from glasgow and he was a sheep shaggin aberdeen supporter and another one had me building cantilever drops myself or threatened to have me blacklisted in the north sea , its full of C****

I'm sure an OIM could easily get rid of you if he wanted with little trouble mate, building any scaffold on your own offshore ??? find that hard to believe ... maybe they just did'nt like you ?? so what happened ? did you get sacked ?

jb yes you are right it is full of rats,but building jobs on your own makes you sound like a wee bit of a crawler to me.
you have broken every safety rule out there by doing that and you obviously arent working to the permits etc.why ? were you trying to inpress,get yer feet under the table.i personally dont get it

The grave yard is full of Men who thought they were indispensable---I personalty would not take a " Core Crew Job " rather maintain and keep my Vito of feck this get me a feckin chopper now, when I got pissed off.

Iv still got the nomad streak in me and will until my spanner falls from my nerveless grasp...

I don't get it either, I worked contracting where we flew out on a special chopper like a hit team, scaffs, welders and pipefitters or who ever was required to do a particular job which was by far the best most enjoyable job I ever had, although the money and time at home was poor. It was fly on, build the job then sit in the shack till someone told you to drop it and maybe move the odd hand rail in between. The only real down side was you went home till they wanted you back which was usually 3-4 day's later and you were away again. Next up was adhoc, which was good, big squads with more time at home and better pay but the absolutely worst decision I ever made was whilst on one rig they asked me to go core crew. The steady 2&2 appealed and I took it, working with painters and heli-deck crew burst my head and bored me too tears, worse was working with guy's who thought it was their rig and even had their own seat on the chopper and shak and eventually got too much to bear. As soon as I saw the new rig being floated out I jump ship for the hook up which I also enjoyed. A long winded way to say core crew...........RAM IT.:mad:

i didnt get sacked because the subby i was doing work for told my company boss i was ok and done a good job , the other situation saw me building cantilever drop with 4 roustabouts, lol

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

i am not a crawler daftscaff , i was young and put in that position , if i refused i thought i would be in trouble with the mob i worked for , i didnt know what to do , so i did what i thought best even though i knew it was wrong , i know what id do now

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

and i also needed the money , so to refuse would have saw me sent off and no money , its a tricky one and not a situation anyone would want to be in.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

and the more i remember this situation , the drilling company involved were a small company and known to be stingy , they didnt want to spend the money on people to do the job, thought they could use 1 scaff and give him help.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

ive seen some crazy **** offshore , in the dutch sector everyones smokin weed in the toilet , these people are crazy , takin an ounce out for a 2 week trip

Top Bottom