Members

As of any Committee, there needs to be a Chairperson,vice chair and secretary, i would like the SF members to propose a Chair,vice chair and secretary, and a secondment from a additional member/s

The following persons are eligible for any role, with approval of the Scaffolders forum:-
Paddy Carr
Garry Adams
Scaff
Paul (PW)
Tinheads (STEF)
Daz (With the hard hat sombrero,lol)
Digsie
Ragscaff

Regards
Paddy

I propose:

Paddy Carr as chair
Garry Adams as Vice Chair
PW as Secretary

Last edited:
just found this about a committe any support i can give just shout.Im always up for a long one

No problems with all the above.Lets hope we can make a difference,and finally have a voice with the powers that be.

Sounds good,lets get it on,just to be recognised will be a major achievement,at last lets hope we can assist in giving the lads at the sharp end a voice to be heard,can i be private pike lol:

Just seen thread regarding committee and think its fantastic idea,if only it could be extended to the Republic of Ireland.This Country could badly do with the likes of.

I have been in this game from an early age and worked up from servicing fittings to management level.The problem with Ireland is that the only body that represents Scaffs(NASAC) is to tied up with the CIF and the unions and can't make a decission to save its life, with to much back stabbing and cartelling the business for certain members only.

As for the training of Scaffolders its basic and advanced by FAS.This again was a complete joke as anybody that wanted are liked the idea of being a scaffolder could get on the course and after 10 days had a ticket.

I have spent a lot of time and money over the years to be trained with the CITB and it pisses me right off :mad::mad: when I the Irish government agencies can let someone decide if the want to be a hairdresser or scaffolder just to keep them off the Dole and this was done during a construction boom:sad:

Just the way it is. I put my vote in for the crew selected and offer my full support.

Just seen thread regarding committee and think its fantastic idea,if only it could be extended to the Republic of Ireland.This Country could badly do with the likes of.

I have been in this game from an early age and worked up from servicing fittings to management level.The problem with Ireland is that the only body that represents Scaffs(NASAC) is to tied up with the CIF and the unions and can't make a decission to save its life, with to much back stabbing and cartelling the business for certain members only.

As for the training of Scaffolders its basic and advanced by FAS.This again was a complete joke as anybody that wanted are liked the idea of being a scaffolder could get on the course and after 10 days had a ticket.

I have spent a lot of time and money over the years to be trained with the CITB and it pisses me right off :mad::mad: when I the Irish government agencies can let someone decide if the want to be a hairdresser or scaffolder just to keep them off the Dole and this was done during a construction boom:sad:

Just the way it is. I put my vote in for the crew selected and offer my full support.

Know what your sayin mate,I have the Irish advanced there was lads on there who never done tube before,they were lost.Tutor knew me from a company I worked with and asked me to back off and let them do the lions share.He failed them in the end.The only reason they were goin for the advanced was because of the height restriction on the basic ticket.I was lucky to have t&f exp. from power stations,and the like before I moved to London.But what id give now to have CITB tickets.Lookin for a company to take me on as a trainee,bloody frustratin.

bit late i know paddy but fantastic idea ,face to face meetings with powers that be, best way to get working scaffs ideas accross you gary and pw are the men to lead this .would be willing to contribute in any small way i can good luck .

Committee members and roles:-

Paddy Carr-Chair
Garry Adams-Vice chair
Paul (PW)-Secretary
Scaff
Stef (Tinheads)
Daz
Digsie
Ragscaff
Orac
Scaff 319
Goodfella
SF admin

We will shortly be creating a new Community group, that will set out to collate the wishes of the SF members, and formulate a 'Stratedgy' that can be implemented.

Regards
Paddy

Great stuff Paddy

Look forward to the new challenge....and my new uniform...but only at the week ends if you know what I mean!!

Jeeeeez!! not another weekend Sylvia. Have you got any stilettos in a 9? ;)

lol pmsl :D sylvia that name could stick :embarrest:

thanks for gentle nudge with 5' tube paddy hope i can be of help;)

Looking forward to pushing the boat out with this crew.

For the first order of business I (jokingly) propose that the SFAdmin hereby changes Paul's user name to Sylvia as requested LOL

:p:p:p

The Committee for Consultation rights group, is now open under Community, Social groups, please join and show your support guys.

Regards
Paddy

Celtic Warrior, how would you feel about being the Committee delegate, for the Republic of Ireland?

If you fancy giving it a go mate. I propose you.

Top Bottom