Legends

legends

Hi lapta, i know dave warnes and all his brothers very very well, Freddy was also a great friend of mine, did you ever work on the Sandown Race course grand stand, that was alos LMSS lots of the old scaffs mentioned where on that project, you must have been with LMSS when Tony Carpenter was the Labour manager, when they sold out, Billy the Walrus Wilmot took over labour manager job, Tony left and started up on his own.

hi big bad bob

the job in moorgate i mentioned tony carpenter was the foreman on the job and billy wilmot was still on the tools the last time i saw billy many years ago i think he was running his own little firm,

lapta

p.s com,on northerners where are all your legends lets here about them i worked in bolton for a short time with a guy called jimmy noonan from rochdale for bolton scaffolding two brothers owned the firm tight as a ducks arse and twice as intelligent.

phil 181..

ive come across barry snell mate, he was sub contracting on sgb last year or year before on the aspire contract in the army camps on salisbury plain.

phil 181..

ive come across barry snell mate, he was sub contracting on sgb last year or year before on the aspire contract in the army camps on salisbury plain.

That's him mate.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
my mate scott bell talks of him, hard nut from downham

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

ray chandler that is!

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

paul was a very funny guy,was it gary brooks, or nigel, what about m+r guys, rixy( graham),biffo and bacon,. pikey, mark hammond,dave powell and his bruv willie, stef, joe cody, stuart in the office,warren the pickfords, they had some great drivers as well, millwall pete,roger,tony,queenie.good firm in there day

Yeah knew most of those fellas. What about bullseye bob and chick the driver? Am good mates with scott bell too mate.

we have lost the contract on there now...its all gone quiet on sgb/harsco so looking to see whats around.
wana get back on the spanner..all that cuplock has given me a mighty fookin headache.
some firm from kent has got the 3rd phase (deversons direct ??)

bullseye was a laugh and chick now lives isle of wight i believe, nice bloke too.scot is working for a bloke we call shrek, doing ok as well.

bullseye was a laugh and chick now lives isle of wight i believe, nice bloke too.scot is working for a bloke we call shrek, doing ok as well.

Yeah I drink with Scott most Friday nights mate.

got a pic of me and tessy somewhere, when i work out how to put it on, i will, think tessy must av been about 47 then.

theres a chap lives near me ,called big dave,or barabos,hes about six foot twelve,with hands the size of a number ten pit shovel.strong as an ox,in his sixtys now,but i still wunt want a crack off him.hes legend round here,everyone knows him.he once fell forty foot off scaffold,on the way down he hit the side on wagon with his shins,he got up on his feet,climbed up scaffold,walked round top lift,then said now take me hospital,he said if he hadnt done it,he wouldnt have ever gone back up.

Just been told about this site,the dogs bxxxxxxs,all the names you have mentioned bring back some cracking laughs,especially BIG Freddie Reynolds,here are some more old timers....Patsy Smith,Johhny/Bobby Whybrow,Tony Dunoyer,Clive Fenner,Martin Duff,Charlie Blunt...Fxxk me i've just gone back another 30 odd years

clive fenner - cf scaffold tunbridge wells ????

Just been told about this site,the dogs bxxxxxxs,all the names you have mentioned bring back some cracking laughs,especially BIG Freddie Reynolds,here are some more old timers....Patsy Smith,Johhny/Bobby Whybrow,Tony Dunoyer,Clive Fenner,Martin Duff,Charlie Blunt...Fxxk me i've just gone back another 30 odd years

Pat Smith ex Unique supervisor/Trad etc - Son called Hayden?

what about peter sainbury then he worked there when i was on there bob was a scaff then went supervising

Yes it's the same Pat smith,was on Unique in the early 80's great joy.....

"i've got work shirts older"

Billy Warrik out of st hillier and his mate John used to do a bit of a weekend for Martin and Beef of Magnum back in the early 80s , we parks the Cargo up out side the job in Morden sth London , pulls a couple of boards down ofa the back and goes to look at the job in hand .
On our return this big blue motor has parked right up against the two boards , yourman Bobby , calm as you like pulls out a longun whilst telling us he can feel a nasty accident coming on , hurls it at the window , it bounces up and shatters the roof leaving the window intact . to this day i piss my self laughing thinking how easy it would feel to have a nasty accident coming on LOL
(Taffy aca alan kelly )

Last edited:
legends

shanksie used to work for unquie,s doing all the cradles then one day peter savage decided that all the needles should be doubled up,ok its only 3 extra long and a couple of fittings,things went smoothly for a few weeks peter would come out to the jobs look up see the doubled up needles and go off happy in the knowledge that shanksie was doing as he was told for once. or so he thought one
day peter was up on the roof with a client when he relised john had been doubling up with 3ft butts peter was,nt happy and john got sacked that week some supervisors no sense of humour eh ?
mind you they were a good firm to work for in those days before peter,s son jimmy took over and trust me there,s a good story about young jmmy i know i was there.

will tell later lapta

shanksie used to work for unquie,s doing all the cradles then one day peter savage decided that all the needles should be doubled up,ok its only 3 extra long and a couple of fittings,things went smoothly for a few weeks peter would come out to the jobs look up see the doubled up needles and go off happy in the knowledge that shanksie was doing as he was told for once. or so he thought one
day peter was up on the roof with a client when he relised john had been doubling up with 3ft butts peter was,nt happy and john got sacked that week some supervisors no sense of humour eh ?
mind you they were a good firm to work for in those days before peter,s son jimmy took over and trust me there,s a good story about young jmmy i know i was there.

will tell later lapta

I remember a Darren Shanks who worked for Unique in the early 90's.
He started Active scaffolding and is doing quite well, I think.

Does anybody remember a firm called TCM based in the northwest, Used to be run by Teddy Melling, Mick Cassidy, Freddie Thompson, apperantly used to have bout 30 men working for them till things went tits up. My old gaffer (Mike Chadwick) used to bang on bout them all the time.

Top Bottom