Job adverts

Do I detect a hint of ageism you young whipper-snapper Jason?

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Do you consider yourself to be a better scaffolder now than you were 5 years ago when you were 25 and do you think you will be an even better scaffolder in 5 years time when you will be 35?

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

And so on......................................

Maybe I've not been around as long as some of you fellow scaffs, maybe I'm not as qualified or maybe don't have as much experience but what I do know is these so called old scaffs have fcuked this game up there total disregard of safety there miss use of ppe and there attitude and behaviour are why we are not classed as high as we should be in the 'trades' world. We are the top trade but treated like dirt if it wernt for us the other tradesmen would be unable to work, but due to the past we will never be paid or classed as high as other trades but hey what do I know I'm only a young un hahaha :D

Maybe I've not been around as long as some of you fellow scaffs, maybe I'm not as qualified or maybe don't have as much experience but what I do know is these so called old scaffs have fcuked this game up there total disregard of safety there miss use of ppe and there attitude and behaviour are why we are not classed as high as we should be in the 'trades' world. We are the top trade but treated like dirt if it wernt for us the other tradesmen would be unable to work, but due to the past we will never be paid or classed as high as other trades but hey what do I know I'm only a young un hahaha

You said it:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Maybe I've not been around as long as some of you fellow scaffs, maybe I'm not as qualified or maybe don't have as much experience but what I do know is these so called old scaffs have fcuked this game up there total disregard of safety there miss use of ppe and there attitude and behaviour are why we are not classed as high as we should be in the 'trades' world. We are the top trade but treated like dirt if it wernt for us the other tradesmen would be unable to work, but due to the past we will never be paid or classed as high as other trades but hey what do I know I'm only a young un hahaha :D

the so called old scaffs that fu cked this game up

would they be the same old scaffs that taught you your trade ?

And just as they taught you wont your generation of scaffs become the old scaffs one day and teach the next generation and so on ..........

Correct and come 15 20 years I'll have some young uns giving it large to me.. Swings and round'a'bouts ha

a few people patting thereselves on the back here what a load of b0ll0cks hahahaha

Laces have to much of a risk assessment to follow...velcro fasteners are the future of the younger generation..;)

Can someone open that window in the top corner there please.........as the smell of bullsh1t is overpowering now.

Everybody now is the best scaffolder in the world, as TG20. makes you sit with your thumb up your Arse, until the drawing arrives. How long has this been legislation? before that we done it....

Nice to see the 'Unity thread has worked well'.

Im getting rather f.ucking sick of the constant slagging off of younger Scaffolders, to be honest.

Disclaimer: Im NOT trying to offend anyone with my comments/opinion/replies or posts...
Im merely trying to offer good, honest, heartfelt and current feedback/advice - trust me, if i think your a prick, ill say so...
If anyone dont like or cant accept that, then feel free to f.uck off.

You said it son!!!!!!!

Scaffolding should all be paid on Price Work.
When I was on price in London I never looked back..didn't want day money. Get paid your worth that way. Good Money for scaffs who put in the hard yards, don't cut corners either by putting up sloppy work. Get paid by the sqaure, by the beam and Hilti tie, can't go wrong.

Love the controversy me haha
I'm on price get paid by the metre no extra for beams, ties, gates, guards etc I say fcuk the price ha

Always done price work years ago , and it was great on the right firm but very easy to get knocked on a bad firm. Trouble is there is such a lot you gotta put into a job and its very easy for someone to pick your work to pieces that you are much better of on day work

Im sick of the 'Old vs Young' b0llocks on here...
I wont comment on it anymore, its getting on my nerves.

Anyway. Price work.

Its only good if your on a nice straightforward lump.
Returns, insteps, difficulty parking the lorry, walls/fences/obstacles in the way can all make working on a price difficult - even if you can blag a bit more on the job, for the difficulties - its still gonna make things hard.

Even the quality of the yard staff can affect it, as if you have d.ickheads loading your lorries and putting things like Base-Plates at the bottom of a fitting bin and forgetting to stick 8ft tubes on the back can really balls your day up.
(Its happened to me before, believe it or not.)

Anyway... who wants price nowadays? with double handrails, constantly clipping on, scaff-steps and such?

Theres too much Safety involved to work to a price and most fair sized jobs you have to work to a design, meaning that every last tube/fitting needs to be checked, measured and rechecked to make sure you dont deviate too much.

F.uck price work.
Ill take Day-Rate thank you. :)

In my experience price work is good when everything rosey, problem is there are too many outside variables that can fcuk your money up, high Walls, locked gates, winker fork lift drivers that won't bring your gear over, the list is endless.
At least with the day rate you know what you're going to make before you start. The gaffers will still be able to weed out the shirkers & Shiite bags. Obviously nepotism plays a part in this but that's another subject.

Hers a bit of controversy..... price work favours thr rough *****... ( in general )

Top Bottom