Impact wrench

1969scaff

Ye, Iv been using mine since 1972 so Im not far behind you 2012 will be my 40 years before the Mast.

Make no mistake a custom made Powered Scaffolding Spanner is on it's way and thats for real...

Garry...

have you seen an air powered wrench mechanics use ive got one , its same shape as a normal ratchet out of a socket set , only its 3 times fatter, round at top where socket fits on poss about 10 to 12 inches long, that would be a good shape for scaff power spanner.

i try find link to it in snap-on

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

these are them .

Snap-on Tools

if your power pack is on belt or summit, this size would be bout right

superscaff75

The Manufacturers are looking at power sources---they are trying to keep the carbon foot print of the Tool to a minimum---pneumatic sources of energy are under consideration, however, the question of containing large volumes of compressed air in a Vessel ( Tool Body ) may prove prohibitive---there is also the question of trailing cables, however, given that lanyards are used, perhaps training cables may not be an issue---it's all about Research and Development.

Capturing kinetic energy and using it as a trickle electric system to re-boot Batteries is under consideration.

Garry...

didnt mean use air garry, was saying if can design so power pack is seperate as someone mentioned earlier, then those above look a good size tool not too big, good shape etc etc

superscaff75

Sincere apologies, my misunderstanding, was a long day and tired when I read your post.

You are absolutely correct and have made relative points---the Manufacturers have intimated and I totally agree with them that it is only by joint consultation with the SCAFFOLDERS that we will Develop a Powered Spanner fit for our purpose, therefore, with that in mind the SCAFFOLDERS are invited to participate in that consultation process---SO get those thought bubbles going Bro's---this is your chance to contribute to the evolution of OUR Industry.

Garry...

My thoughts would be :

keep it simple an straight forward, dont worry bout designing a power spanner that will get into awkward areas, we have hand power for those area,s.

lightwieght for both use and clipping onto belt, i have trouble getting thru ladder gaps now sometimes cos of spanners or levels snagging , never mind if big numb tool on belt.

good power supply system, already mentioned

possibly a car charger capable power pack so can be charged in wagons an cars going from job to job etc like mobile fones.

must have lcd screen so can log onto forum an ebay whilst at work lol obviously with built in wi fi :nuts:

superscaff75

Just the type of in-put required and all good points.

Perhaps we could consider re-siting the frog from the traditional hip slung to a shoulder holster type, this provision would reduce /eliminate tight squeezes.

A new Design of frog is under consideration--- a radical change from the traditional spanner requires radical Design = radical train of thought and brain storming.

Main considerations are: torque values and powers source.

Garry...

will it be possible to design powerspan with built in socket or will it need a socket for it, if so they will need to be the deep sockets also black steel impact type.

how about a solar panel hard hat, that would be interesting especially if it had a wind power propeller aswell HaHa.

superscaff

A universal joint with an interchangeable socket if required is under consideration.

A Solar Scaff, that would suit eh---considering we only come out of the cabin when the Sun is shining PMSL.

Sources of Power under consideration : Nano Mechcanical Engineered Kinetic Power Capture and further down the line hydrogen Power pack.

Garry...

Ive been looking into all sorts of recycling, renewable energy,s, enviro energy,s , carbon footprints, organic growing and other stuff looking to start a second business up thats less services based and in trend with probable future needs.

i will have a rake thru some stuff with regard to power and also build material for the spanner, you would be amazed at what they can turn your waste into these days, met a bloke a while ago who had been helping to sort finance out for a company, that while trying to create something else out of coloured glass accidently created brilliant marble looking substance and the architects are going mad for it, as a cheaper enviro friendly alternative to real marble and granite.

superscaff75

All good thought provoking power sources, the organic material is a real futuristic one, NASA is looking at photosynthesis in the Scale of Nano---they put a piece of organic material into a minute tube and expose the organic material to light which makes the organic material grow, then they switch the light off and the organic material shrinks, which each cycle of on and off this acts like a piston.

With regards to re-cycling of waist material---yes, as discussed on an earlier Thread, perhaps in years to come the Chemical Engineers may be able to develop a composite material that will replace Steel and Aluminium Tube and Couplers. Such a material would have attributes like being more mailable and extend the elastic range thus requiring less frictional stress to deploy a Coupler to a Tube, if you can reduce the force required to achieve the frictional stress required, then you would reduce the energy to deploy the Coupler which = less energy and a longer Battery life=lower Carbon foot print=brownie points.

Garry...

do you ever stop gar,you need to start deploying some couplers mate.i struggle with ipod nano never mind a nano 7/16

Old Bean how are thing with you---you have e-mail old Chap ;)

Fae yer Paaal in the North...

could this be the same Alan i worked for at westminstergulf in dubai....?

Find a bin and put it in, u wanna be a scaff or a dopey chippy.lol

Most people leave them in their handbag next to the tampax....

Top Bottom