impact drill

im with RBG on TOTALS north alwyn platform been using the impact gun for over a year now, it is actually stipulated for use on long term destructs on our ISSOW permit to work system, we all know how bad the old band and plate are to get of once they have been up a few years well the gun just whips the plates of no problem at all

excuse me for sounding stupid - but how do u get a band and plate of with an impact gun ?? some sort of attachment , podger ect

Aye, it could be some sort of a Fork Head type attachment---slides over the screw bolt head---beware of torsional shearing...

yup its a socket that fits over the eye of the plate, and thats the only down side is bolts shearing, just take the extra time to make yourself comfortable and safe, i can manage and im 5 ft 2 lol... joking aside it is brill took a scaffold down that had been up for over 3 yrs the other day, easily in a shift,

spot on , we use these to fix broken fittings and loads of bolts shere

fcuk im no missing it that much, you know what tho we were doing something wrong with that gun... its steel on steel ok , so a definate spark potential, think it neeeds to be done on a hot work permit ... what you think ... STOP THE JOB lol

impact guns

have been using a makita battery impact gun(9345d 150nm torque) on and off for about 5 years.they're great on big independants for sleeves clips and fronts of doubles/readylok you have to work different to work faster 1 man fixing1 man gunning up. the main reason i got it was because my shoulders were getting shot. they've definately improved(i can sleep on my side now) if you think they're a waste of time ask yourself this if using one of these keeps you in a job for at least one week it's paid for itself.

Impact wrench

not good that for garry sounds like had put alot of time and effort into it. its always the case you do all the work and research and some **** steals the idea. couldnt tell you the make or ewt but next time i see my pal illl ask him know the scaffs who had them was manchester lads

hi guy's might be able to help you , i may be one of the manchester lads , i have been using my makita impact wrench for about 3 & half years , my own beleif is that its not that heavy and i still use my swing over for the backs of doubles ( can't put them on square after staffing off due to the speed and reaching round ) . I also found that i wasn't going home as shatterd ,you think it's the handballing and humping i found it was reaching up with my spanner that did me in !! ,the impact gun is heavery than a spanner but it's the pace it fastens the bolts up on sleaves its top class , give me a week or so and i will post some pictures and video just drop me a line if you need anymore info on price , batteries etc .

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Last edited:
Red viking

Is this what you use mate?
impactwrench.jpg

Looks handy

Regards
Paddy

Impact pictures

Fresh from the van to the dinner table (the wife is non to pleased )
I get about until dinner with one battery when erecting and it is charged up in 40 mins, if i am striking all day .
Hopefully tuesday night i will post a video of me using it .

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 83
Hi jamieryan

I've used a bosch14.4v impact wrench for about 2 years on & off,great for erecting & stripping traditional tube & fitting jobs....
a 3amp battery lasts about 3 hours from a full charge
scaffs i know are using the makita 18v 3amp unit

To all Impact Drill Users

Is there any improvement that would make the Impact Drill more user frendly and improve the ergonomics ?.

Would a universal swivel joint be of benefit or is the swing over provision sufficiant ?.

Where do you get the 7/16 th box from and how is it fixed---is it a conventional Spanner cut down and machine turned to fit the chuck ?.

Is the Torque Value Set to B.S. Standards ?.

Garry...

21mm socket no chuck . Uses locking pin , I take the 21mm off and put on 19mm for APT ties and bolting up ASP beams also put 12mm for doing the tins on the haki roof ( no trailing cords) as for the tourqe need to ask scafftek .
For me there is no problem with the design . Been very busy this week I will post video asap

Redviking

Thanks for the info---its about time we had such a Tool---feck knows Man it's been a long time coming---aye, a vid would be most appreciated RV...

Garry...

Scafftek is my dad he swears by it,it's less time spent twirling the swingover , we have all the the jokes of other lads ...... "roboscaff" etc but when we let em do a sleave up it's f#€k me that's good !!!
I will get scafftek to post the newer version product code for you mate

Redviking

Thanks for that, I'll be most interested in any Data you can give.

Looks like a lot of advantages---cut down on the repetative strain injuries---been whirlin mi feckin tartan Banner since 72 Man---

Thanks

garry...

this is the 1 I use
here is the spec for it

Battery capacity 3,0 Ah
No-load speed 0 – 2.800 rpm
Charging time 30 mins
Weight incl. battery 1,6 kg
Torque, max. (hard screwdriving applications) 170 Nm
Rated impact rate 0 – 3.200 bpm
Length 152,0 mm
Height 241,0 mm
Battery voltage 14,4 V
Toolholder 1/2" external square
Screw diameter
Screw diameter M 6 – M 16

Functions
Forward/reverse operation
Electronic
Softgrip

sinders

Thanks for the info most appreciated---are the Scaffs using the I.D on their own initiative OR is the Scaffolding Orginisations Supplying and Promoting there use ???.

Garry...

Top Bottom