help with own wee firm!?!

I Was On Justice Mill Lane As Well, But Told Them To **** Off When It Was Costing Us £16 A Day For Parking. I Worked With Young John Then Before He Became An International Jet Setter, (Angola For Rigblast Or Stork Or Whatever The Feck There Called Nowadays), Did Your Mate Not Run A Pub In Leith?

thats right mate!! aye he ran a boozer on easter road! We got digs for a tenner a night after a few weeks! It was a good bunch of lads up there! angola eh?!

i can mind you from larbet job more, whats the name though?!!! hahaha i was talking about justice mill job the other day aswell thats crazy!

Im Graeme Scott Buddy, Do You Remember John Coates And Lee Messenger , There Both With Rigblast As Well Now, Things Change Eh.

graeme! aye christ hahaha aye i mind now i know a few lads at rig blast aswell. who you with now then! were you not at justice mill when i dropped the ledger?!!!?

I Think I Told Them To Shove It By Then Jamie, Im Still Subbieing Just Now, Got Eight Weeks Work With Ias Theres Always Work With Them, Nothing Fancy Just Building Sites But Any Port In A Storm. Most Of My Mates Are With Either Rigblast Or Cape These Days, Seems To Be The Only Industry Thats Busy Mate, The Construction Industry Is Dead As A Barrel Of Dead Things Buddy.

"The Construction Industry Is Dead As A Barrel Of Dead Things Buddy."

:D:D:D

So true,problem is this govenment does not give a feck for the construction industry

If you do not wear a collar and tie when you go to work then you are of the lower classes of this country
progress.gif

This Govt Doesnt Give A Rats Arse About Anyone Outwith The Financial Sector In The South East Of England, If Its North Of Dulwich They Dont Care, The Govt Think That They Can Get A Prisoner In Prison (Where Else ) To Do A Five Week Course And They Are Qualified When They Come Out. Its Bloody Laughable Really It Is, For There To Be So Many Skilled Men Out Of Work Its Really Shocking.

An interesting thread until I seen you had to shut down. Sorry to hear that.

Is it ok to jump in on this thread and ask questions? Or you got to start your own thread? :D

Cheers Jamie.

I hate starting threads on forums... Don't know why. Just got a phobia of it :D

My mate and I work week on week off. We dabble in property on our time off. We needed scaffolding and where getting crazy prices off the local guys. Like 4k a month minimum. We had a few roofs to do so where looking at 12k at least for scaffolding... So we bought our own got a hand putting it up and since then have done wee jobs for friends...

We would like to go legit and have a small business hiring out scaffolding. We just have cuplock stuff. Most folk in this area seem to use that...

What we are wondering is what training/qualifications do we need to have before we actually charge folk properly for putting up scaffolding?

Seen the t+f courses. Would that be the minimum? Part 1 and 2? Although I know you need 6 month experience.

A few guys in our area do it with out any tickets but don't want to go down that road. We are just looking at doing small jobs plus towers and a bit of plant hire with our cherry picker...

a part 1 can only work with a part 2 or advanced scaff not alone. a lot of small firms do just employ folk who can do the job but it is getting stricter by the day and the fines heftyer for not having the right tickets! maybe look to employ a scaffolder with cards?
training wise you would need to do the part 1 wait six month do the part 2 wait another six month get your portfolio done and complete the one day skill test then thats you part 2 also i would recommend one of you doing the scaff inspection course its only a couple days but if you are wanting to go legit your scaffolds should be inspected once built and every 7 days after that

Cheers Jamie

Do you or anyone know what part 1 is like? Could a novice go on it and be ok? We are happy putting up... Or so we think :D

I think a few of the local guys just pay one of the big company's to come and sign it off for them.

So could we in theory do part 1 then do jobs and just get someone to inspect it ? Until we get part 2 and an inspection course sorted... Will need to find us a scaffolder with tickets we can hire cash in hand for a year or so :D

I just worry a lot and want it to be legit! Like you say the fines are getting big so don't want to just cowboy it and hope for the best. Would like to be at least trained to a minimum standard and take it from there. Scaff inspection course sounds like a good shout mate.

Last edited:
part one says you should have 6 month site experience i think but it is a piece of **** mate you would need to be backwards to struggle with it!

Im based in Edinburgh im afraid! Got a wee one due in a fortnight as well so not travelling for a month or so at least. Cheers for the offer and by all means keep me posted of any future opportunities i can get a squad together no problem.

part one says you should have 6 month site experience i think but it is a piece of **** mate you would need to be backwards to struggle with it!

Ha ha brilliant. That's what I was hoping to hear :D

If you don't mind can I PM you about your business plan etc that you mentioned before... If you still have it.

Top Bottom