Disgrace

phil181 you shouldnt need to splice the joint as you shouldnt use a sleeve all together, chase the brace, dog legging etc.

philliosmaximus sleeve a load bearing fitting, erm i think not, a double is and been told a swivels is also now, i will find out but im 98% sure its not.

richale again, yeah using 4 swivels minimum for splice is fine, but you shouldnt be splicing a sway brace period.

numbnuts they should issue a pavement licence before you even start the job, and i no if its in london the work near a road, its got to be minimum 18inches away from the road.

kev-c the 2nd picture wouldnt look as bad if the node was maximum of 300mm, not 3ft.

Incorrect.
By the way, what's the difference between 'chasing the brace' and 'dog legging' ?[/QUOTE]

That is the kind of s**t these lads are putting up mate , Not there today but im sure when i go back tomoro i will be sent to another crap job . and i will have my camera out ! ! !

Ha Ha luv the check fitting on the last pic!

i have based out my fair share of gantry's in london and always 18inch, suppose incase a lorry was to come up the kerb, even though there would still be karnage at 18inch or 1inch.[COLOR="Silver".

I think the 18" is for the camber of the road

I think the 18" is for the camber of the road[/QUOTE

Essex is correct.

The City of London Corporation insist on 450mm from the kerb line (which is 20")

You must follow the kerb line regardless of any splay or width change.

You can deviate from this by using bulk timbers to the kerb or concerete/water filled bases but this must be approved by the City of London corporation.

All my dealings with them have been pretty good as they seem to understand the logistics of scaffolding and construction works pretty well.

I think the 18" is for the camber of the road[/QUOTE

Essex is correct.

The City of London Corporation insist on 450mm from the kerb line (which is 20")

You must follow the kerb line regardless of any splay or width change.

You can deviate from this by using bulk timbers to the kerb or concerete/water filled bases but this must be approved by the City of London corporation.

All my dealings with them have been pretty good as they seem to understand the logistics of scaffolding and construction works pretty well.

Maybe so but the gap is for the camber in the road to prevent high sided vehicles leaning into the scaffold.

bus07may20011.jpg

hope this picture helps

thanks ian, your picture show it well, learn something new everyday.

No problem essex , I just wanted to show there is reasoning behind some of h&s legislation.Also when you put the guardrail and toeboard in at ground level were you aware that the toeboard should be painted whita across the top edge, the reason being that guide dogs are trained to follow the white line

Last edited:
you still on that crazy job kev c.with the red stripe gang or did you jack m8.

if we painted white lines onthe edge of the toe boards around here all the crackheads would be trying to snort them :)

As far as i was concerened a sleeve is only load bearing when being used on a standard.

Last edited:
even a part one lad would know to put ledgers in on all lifts any tosser that does work like that should be painted with a red stripe just to show what a **** he is .!!!!!!

saw a job this week on way to work, no outside ledger on 1st lift and working lift handrailed with a beam.. wtf.. do HSE drive round ?? this is on a main rd....

surely if you were going to miss a ledger out it wuold be the inside one ? then at least it might look like its got them both in . arent you going to name the firm . i must admit to drinking cans on the job first thing on a morning years ago but wouldnt expect to get away with it these days

Nope.. defo outside ledger, no sign up, so don't know the firm, it was in an ethnic area, so probably put up with a bunch of bangladeshi's... gone now.. probably blew over. :eek: thing is it was on a busy rd, **** me and they go on about measuring distance between handrails ... :smile1:

loads of lads erect like this in the midlands i blame the gaffers pay peanuts get monkeys

Top Bottom