Dear, oh dear

Internet -Overuse

If you use it too much, you'll find it becomes more and more difficult to think coherently

Best of luck Jase on your new Position.

Last edited:
I spoke with Jason on Sunday and he in enjoying his first real sortie in the Oil and gas Sector, he has been handed a remit which included regulation time management of the erectors welfare and comfort breaks, NOT an easy task at the best of times and requires the collaboration of the erectors...

Seasoned erectors like to put in their shift with the least hassle, they know when to graft and they know when to emerge from the cover of the pipe rakes and vessels for statutory and comfort breaks, its part of the game...

We have all worked under tyrannical and ruthless Man Management Regimes, one has to bod and weave, keep on the move, a moving target is harder to hit...

Jason has much to learn about the Oil and Gas and I hope he has mentor to guide him, if he does not win the respect of the erectors he will be sent home to to think again...

all the best Jason and remember what Happy said, always be nice to the Guys on the way up, because, you may see them on the way back down again...

HSWT

Aye, breaking cover from the vessels ect are when one it at his most vulnerable PMSL...best not to be seen until the end of shift, its like doing Jail time...

I never told the erectors when to go for their breaks and I never told them when to return to work, just happens when one has a dedicated Crew eh ...

HSWT

Aye, use the cover you'v got and always have a the Super in sight, study his habits, know where Supervision is at all times ( Im looking at this from an erectors prospective PMSL )

As for Man Management techniques well thats an esoteric subject hewed over many Campaigns ;)...

as rigger said he and the new manager could be up there to shake it up and bullet a few as is the way.
i would ask why have the men who were in the positions moved over to the TOTAL SITE next door after working on the shell plant for their careers?
AS FOR LONGSHANKS MEN MOST OF THE TRAVELLING MEN AND THERE ARE A FEW ARE GEORDIES AND BORRO LADS and a few GLASWEGIANS so maybe best to keep his podger under the pillow when he does start dishing out the letters;)

Dont mind them Mr Gibbs a bit of begrudgery going on, tongue in cheek or otherwise.

Get yourself some of that new camoflaged hi viz and you'll be sound! As its all about blending in, I'm afraid.

Try and change the world and you will not survive one round.

Dont mind them Mr Gibbs a bit of begrudgery going on, tongue in cheek or otherwise.

Get yourself some of that new camoflaged hi viz and you'll be sound! As its all about blending in, I'm afraid.

Try and change the world and you will not survive one round.

Never a truer word spoken!

Aye, blending in thats the secret as any of the more mature spanner hands would tell you...

What other strategies would you or have you adopted to repair / re-address the balance between spanner hands and Supervision ???. ( short of cold blooded murder that is )

Are you Welsh g-scaff?

english, if geordie counts, some say scottish. anyone with a facebook account or twitter account would have to leave there phone in the car also, along with there tabs, but then again im employed not an employer.

When were u a supervisor did u get the 75 bus fae milton to get to your sites

:unsure:You do all know that the Facebook screenshots are fake don't you?:unsure:

Top Bottom