Carded and non carded men !!

Ive worked at some good firms without my cards like everlast, county, chem and im at mad now and theyve all got big contracts going on and i ant bin pulled once about my cards i suppose its if u just do as the site manager says i suppose.

Kez i hope the powers that be have not read this as they will be calling on all the firms you have mentioned and going through their carded scaffolders documents with a fine tooth comb

Proved his point General. Keza 's been working without ticket and all they see is a man that can do a job.

Till something goes wrong Frederik, you wouldn't drive your motor without insurance. It has nothing to do with ability and everything to do with corporate responsibility.

Cant agree with that allan some great scaffolders would be held back in their careers going this route, agreed it might work for the majority but as in the police force the good ones should be whisked through the system

If only this where true

But the reality sadly is that its the **** guys who end up whisked through the system and always seem to get the jobs
just because they are prepared to brass neck it

Yes.
And Insurance.

Am i right to believe that if you dont have a Scaffolding Card, then your not insured to build, maintain and adapt a Scaffold?

Aom,I know it all about insurance,thats why I support men like Dico who have worked their whole lives in an industry that took his ticket away. Theres got to be a better solution than making a man take beginers courses at unnessesary expence.
Lifes a bitch,then you die:rolleyes:

Yes.
And Insurance.

Am i right to believe that if you dont have a Scaffolding Card, then your not insured to build, maintain and adapt a Scaffold?

Aye,you must be deemed competent,and the only way to prove competency is with your cards,as this proves training to whatever level your cards are at,so it's not just card snobbery,and everything to do with liability;)

Aom,I know it all about insurance,thats why I support men like Dico who have worked their whole lives in an industry that took his ticket away. Theres got to be a better solution than making a man take beginers courses at unnessesary expence.

I agree.
There SHOULD be an experienced worker course that is solely for ECITB guys to convert to the CISRS system.

It should be at the cost of a normal 2 day Assessment, like you have to do after your normal courses.

But, as usual if there is a way to squeeze further cash out of the working man certain parasites in the CITB are using this bad luck to take advantage of it and earn a bucket load of money.

Frederik, I fully support Dico and men of his like as well, it's not blind faith supporting your mates either it's a cold calculated decision after working with them and haven been taught plenty by them. I would love to think there was a solution but there are parasites on both sides of the fence and any short cut was exploited by employers and men alike as a short cut to carded status without putting in the cash or effort as the rest. Don't get me wrong, doesn't mean for a second Dico doesn't deserve all our support.

Ther is no such thing as an "Uncarded Scaffolder" according to H&S law in the UK.

The ECITB scaffolders have known for many years that the cards did not fulfil the "proof" of training required by current legislation,I know a few lads that changed over to CISRS cards years ago.The writing was on the wall these lads spent money to become complient.

Cheers Aom.Tickets are the only way to go in todays environment.How else will an employer/site manager know if you're competent. Im not dismissing the need for tickets,its not a new concept. Tickets were asked for years ago tho not a condition for finding employment.

I was a contracts manager at Stephens and Carters in Ipswich when they first started giving out scaffolding tickets, the directors and senior managers were handing advanced cards to anybody who had ever held a spanner, even the wagon drivers got a scaffolders card, when i asked for my advanced card the reply was they dont issue them to salaried staff ab above supervisor level

That's how most things kicked off GM, I still know plenty of old boy's who never sat a driving test but have held a full licence for more than 60 odd years, that's why we are now in the predicament we are in.

I was a contracts manager at Stephens and Carters in Ipswich when they first started giving out scaffolding tickets, the directors and senior managers were handing advanced cards to anybody who had ever held a spanner, even the wagon drivers got a scaffolders card, when i asked for my advanced card the reply was they dont issue them to salaried staff ab above supervisor level

Did'nt an 8 year old girl get a card once ?? someone applied for it for a joke, just shows with the above post grandfather rights etc are a joke...

Yeah, that rings a bell Cala.:nuts:

I have worked with older blokes with grandfather rights cards, and some are good, but some are proper ****.e... if you have no formal training and work under someone who is crap... the best you can be is crap.. its difficult with no formal training to erect jobs to standards set... passed a job today on way to work, and its a total bag of ****.. this is on a main rd aswell, pretty sure only card those mugs have is a Tesco clubcard...

Did'nt an 8 year old girl get a card once ?? someone applied for it for a joke, just shows with the above post grandfather rights etc are a joke...

cala you would not believe the calibre of men who got advanced tickets from S & C

GM, you would not believe the calibre of men who are getting advanced today.:laugh:

Top Bottom