Calling all Impact Wrench users!

I think this is ours marra, I can never remember the numbers but it looks like it. Just contact your nearest depot to see if they offer the contract hire, they all do it. Your boss better be told as some don't like it.

Hilti Online - SIW 14-A Cordless impact wrench

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Just noticed there was a bit to request a quote for the fleet management, get in touch with them marra.:idea:

I don't hire anything as the warranties cover all repair but a lot of the boys seem to think it's worthwhile at just a few quid a week maybe £4 I can't remember exactly. They are magic tools depending on who you work for and what you are doing. There is a bit of a cloud hanging over them due to some question of over tightening the fitting but you soon learn to take it easy although your gaffer might not see it that way.

If it true that they will pay for them selves of your workin on price

BHL have banned IW so you know. So be make sure you can use it where you'll be working.

I think this is ours marra, I can never remember the numbers but it looks like it. Just contact your nearest depot to see if they offer the contract hire, they all do it. Your boss better be told as some don't like it.

Hilti Online - SIW 14-A Cordless impact wrench

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Just noticed there was a bit to request a quote for the fleet management, get in touch with them marra.:idea:

cheers marra am suprised he aint had them allready faster faster get it up lol aye ill try an get to the local hilti but may have to travel concidering the nearest kfc is over 35 miles away i dread to think how far away the nearest hilti depo is lol

If it true that they will pay for them selves of your workin on price

You really are missing a trick on price and not using these things especially on the strike. As I said, not all allow them but the more discerning manager know their advantages and are not afraid to utilise them.

i've been using the maks on our company for quite a while now,and on saturday got the chance to try the hilti that a guy got on FM for about £3.50pw and to be honest my Mak piiiises all over it the hilti seems masive and much more bulky than a Mak - i've worked in all weathers with it and its been fine except when i needed to replace the bruses which cost a few quid and took about 10mins....the time you save with the IWs is immense and makes a hard days work easy, i know the "ur a poof brigade " shout about ur not a proper scaffolder if you use one, but i've been turning a spanner for many years now and will always embrace ideas and technoligy that makes our life easier,
i can remember when bubbles first came on the scene with magnets- now you wouldn't think of using one without- and when adjustible flat spanners that were the norm were replaced with the ratchets that we all now use, and indeed the good old fashioned big heavy burton spanners the only one available , for about a tenner were replaced by hexbox titanium pokerhandled monsters costing over a £100......boys get a grip and get out of the dark ages.these IWs are the way to go, wait and see it wouldn't surprise cynical old me if the NASC got together with Hilti for the SG rewrite to say that their type are the only ones recognised- and in the book it goes, seriously if you can afford one then get it you'll not be disapointed or question it again

cheers marra am suprised he aint had them allready faster faster get it up lol aye ill try an get to the local hilti but may have to travel concidering the nearest kfc is over 35 miles away i dread to think how far away the nearest hilti depo is lol

Don't talk to me about distance marra, I would estimate 136 miles from Campbeltown to the nearest KFC and maybe 160 to the nearest Hilti depot. I wait to they come to me.:cool:

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Nice to see you back batting for the roboscaffs SP, where you been?

:) hi Alister.....lololl yeh i know seems ages dont it, the forum was beging to lose my interest with all the petty squabbling and people chattin bolloccks all the time lololol.....not wot it used to be so decided to pull off for a while,got fed up with the olympics so thought i'd take a peep....and you know me, just luv IWs lolo.........nice to see your still inparting your wisdom

For what it's worth.:embarrest:

There was a few public floggings a few weeks back closely followed by a few private banning's. Just the usual life on the forum.

Got one yesterday. Ok ok to some of you who think I have joined the soft squad, if it prolongs my scaffolding career a further 5 years or so, or enables me to get up to speed again then so be it.

Last edited:
Nice to hear you got a impact gun John the Manc, don't listen to the doubters, when l got mine there were loads of blokes old school and newbies who said no l'll never get one, and you know what they have all got one now. Those who don't change will be like the the dinosaurs and become extinct. It doesn't make you soft using the gun, all the gear still weighs the same and you still have to use your brain to put up a neat job the only thing that changes is the ability to do up and undo fittings in a fraction of the time it takes you with an end over end spanner. Good luck to you what sort did you get ????? All the best Dodger

Your right there Southerpoofter, those that think it's soft must be soft in the head themselves, the advantages are overwhelming in favour of the gun, less wear and tear on your wrist, elbow and shoulder, all fittings done up to the same tightness and less chance of any slippages when the brickies overload the lifts. As for the scaremongering about fittings breaking ...........lve been using one for over two years now and have never seen a fitting old or new fail whilst using the gun. Long live the impact wrench (gun).....

Good luck to you what sort did you get ????? All the best Dodger
The Milwaukee with lithium battery's. The battery lasted all day, as on civil engineering sites you use it less frequently than on the street. I can understand why this particular make can rip a fitting in less experienced hands, but it only took an hour or so to get used to it. Came with a 3 year warranty. It was also a lot lighter than expected.:cool:

Top Bottom