Boss Scaffolding Documentry / Top Banana

Its a documentary about a company from London called boss scaffolding. They were a class act and proper jack the lads doing scaffold the old way in the early nineties. It was shown on discovery, I had a VHS copy once but I cannot find it.

I worked for his old mans firm Ferguson Keenes in the 80s and new Bruce quite well as he took over the firm before he started Boss scaffolding , funny thing was he was just the same in real life his brain worked at a hundred mile an hour. Good memoirs i did have a copy but god knows where it is now

i remember bruce well,what a card,was on a job in the city and someone had topped out with a sleeve with no middle and when i stripped it the topper went,flipped his lid about the the lost tube but in all fairness did apologise when he realised it wasnt my fault,some funny times were had!!!!:nuts:

hahahha they used to have a scaffolders tea room in the yard go in there at 6am and the dope fumes would knock you out, you dont remember a black fella on there do you kwikstage we used to call him "predator" worst scaffolder i ever met but a lovely bloke

It was also shown on channel 4 prior to discovery etc, i used to have a video of it, i will pop down my mothers and have a look in the loft for it if anyones still got a VCR to play it, good show and a good laugh if i remeber it correctly, i think he was stripping a cantilever in his shorts in the middle of London? (good old days)

ha!ha! the predator if its the same one?nice fella but i was allways told do not go for a beer with him on a friday as you will end up knocked out or locked up!!!!being from up north i took the advice and never did (was a bit younger then)!!!

that sounds like the man, mind you every Friday was a tear up on there mate did you ever go to the Metropolis stripper pub on a Friday we all got barred in the end up after bashing up a load of brickies pmsl

top banana

does anyone know how to get a copy of the now ledgendary "top banana" scaff documentry the young lads on site havnt got a clue when ever it gets spoke about be nice to show em

yeah but the new one would,nt have Bruce lay across the needles strpipin out the spurs in the pissin rain in just his t-shirts and spanners,(what do mean ya tunneling)

hello pal did you manage to make any copies of the scaffolding documentry can i get one off you if you did just let me know what you need me to do

jakdan i think youve got it on dvd and are flogging it down the bigg market at the weekends and are holding out on us mate lol.

Top Bottom