Best Scaffolders that you've worked with...?

Alan Simmonds (maidstone) worked for him all through the 90's.good boss.

Charlie Cook (london/pembroke) he will forget more than i think i will learn, wish i had worked with him years ago, speaks his mind, great bloke.

scaff from Bristol called dave(old man) cottrell...think hes dead now was 60+ when i started working with him at 16...and since then have never met a better scaffolder...

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

mojo from bristol, worked with him on sellafield in the 90s top scaff

theres a name i aint heard in a while,,,

he used to work with johnny norman...sadly passed away now... and a lad called tiny fox....who owns a cafe in bristol now...mojo and tiny took me out on my first major cider session in the bristol packet ....when i was 16...

The Bestest

Got me thinking about the best I've worked with over 30 years.

Kenny Paine (London) Longest arms in the world and a great laugh.

Del Tobin (Kent) Had the worst stammer ever but a great fixer.

Jimmy Harvey (London) Son of Eddie.

Paul Summerill (Bristol) Undoubtedly the hardest working, straight up, and honest bloke I have ever worked with. Hope that we might team up again for old times sake.

Best of the best that I've worked with these lads can graft !

Colin Atkins (Nottingham)
Martin George (Kent)
Alan goldie (Scotland) rip fella
Mark peach (keelby)
Keeny keir (Scotland)
Lee Edwards ( Grimsby)
Nige Hancock ( Sheffield )
Kev hattersley ( Essex )
Dave gunn ( Kent)
Rick Bellamy ( Grimsby)
Adie peach ( Sheffield )
Adie mckenzie (Grimsby) **** but good scaff.....
Tony corcoker ( Sheffield )
Mark sheldan (Sheffield )
Steve green (Sheffield )
Jeff green ( Middlesbrough )
Lee coogan ( Middlesbrough )
Patersons brothers last worked with at Radcliff power station **** they can go !!!!!

Best of the best these boys

Got me thinking about the best I've worked with over 30 years.

Kenny Paine (London) Longest arms in the world and a great laugh.

Del Tobin (Kent) Had the worst stammer ever but a great fixer.

Jimmy Harvey (London) Son of Eddie.

Paul Summerill (Bristol) Undoubtedly the hardest working, straight up, and honest bloke I have ever worked with. Hope that we might team up again for old times sake.
are you forgetting a lad called carrots ,:wondering mike or are you doing a bit of back slapping with me old mate paul? :embarrest:

Best scaffolders that I've worked with?

All old ones Jason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricardo How the devil are you?

Firstly a big Thank You for pulling me up about Carrots. You are indeed right. When it comes to honest hard graft then John is indeed up there with my list and certainly deserves to be so.
As for back slapping Paul, you're absolutely right I am. But he needs no back slapping from me. The guy is as I said in my post.
What are you upto at the moment?

Ricardo How the devil are you?

Firstly a big Thank You for pulling me up about Carrots. You are indeed right. When it comes to honest hard graft then John is indeed up there with my list and certainly deserves to be so.
As for back slapping Paul, you're absolutely right I am. But he needs no back slapping from me. The guy is as I said in my post.
What are you upto at the moment?

im good Mr Bones ,how are you doing in that place called OZ .
its very hot about now ,i know i was over there about 10 years ago ,I loved it and hope you do too ,lots of freinds out there and family.
i can always remember the first time we met on a job for flooks ,propper cup of coffee at western super mare on a hanger under a bridge ,night shift GOOD crack ,and as for best scaffolders we have worked with ,mick you know i have worked with many many good scaffs and they all have something different to bring to the table ,so i would rather put the funniest scaff ( in my younger days david sidorenko ) NOW i am older it would be lee harling of cardiff. best scaff who really cares?:toung:

best scaffs ever

hi, best i ever worked with are as follows.
Alan Harman, jim oshea, and jim furlong......

jim oshea if anyone knows him probs the maddest scaff ever!! stories are legendary--- one was he rose a pikeys horse into a pub, stark naked!!! during pub lunch ie busiest hours!! amazing scaff tho!

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

alan harman kent scaffolding! think hes on trads now as a working supervisor

alan harman frighteningly good!! gave me my first belt and tools ******* legend, also..for a dude in his 50,s and 9 stone dripping wet he would hemp a longun and put it on his chin!!!! def the best scaff i ever worked with and a gent!!

Who is this Ricardo Martino ???
Best I've worked with...
Richy Martin (Newport)
Jason Martin (newport)
Mike Parry (Newport)
Ian Gracie (Essex)
Bob Gracie (Essex)
Dave Wright (Ipswich)
John Pickett (Ipswich)

Jonathan philips. Cardiff fast and his work is A1- Rees sparks. Top guy. Ian croll the swig vast knowledge of scaff game. All welsh boys i worked with in the past

i love working by my self , still work with just a labourer now when i can get away with it , saves the arguements.if i think someone done something wrong in ll change it and the arguements begin

I have worked with a few in the midlands fastest was teddy Hughes from westbrom .always running .always used to say don't go empty handed . He had a triple heart bypass and was still running around until he retired.

From ratcliffe.
John Patterson.
Paul Anderson.
Sean cavanagh.
Kenny Kerr.
Terry coyle.
Batchy.
Ray graham.
These boy really knew there stuff + I always liked working with Mick Crunkhorn & Daz Galbraith.
Got my first set of tools from Daz. Top bloke. :bigsmile:

From ratcliffe.
John Patterson.
Paul Anderson.
Sean cavanagh.
Kenny Kerr.
Terry coyle.
Batchy.
Ray graham.
These boy really knew there stuff + I always liked working with Mick Crunkhorn & Daz Galbraith.
Got my first set of tools from Daz. Top bloke. :bigsmile:

ray graham from where? Newcastle?

I believe so mate. Think he's a Sunderland supporter though. Got a brother called Billy.

Top Bottom