Assessed Route Changes

Its Only Been Scrapped Since 1996, So Theres Many A Good Scaffolder In Scotland Really Should Be A Tad Concerned, It Really Is Getting Beyond The Pale Between This Balltwaddle And The Compulsory Wearing Of Elbow And Knee Pads What In The Name Of God Is The Industry Coming To.

You are right Gerscaff, but don't listen to all the guff you hear.

they done it to the ecitb boys what makes you think they wont anythings possible with this country most ARE must near retirement now surley or retired

Apart from the retirement bit this is an excellent comment. They did it to the ECITB boys. It is a simple fact that the ASRE does not comply with the WAHR. That is why the ASRE was withdrawn by the very same people who introduced it.

Exactly, as it was always intended to be.

Who bought you the big spirtle for Christmas?

I have posted many times my views on the ecitb card, I have spoken to Kev from the beginning right up to his current kick in the bollox, but none of this puts food on the table. Industry requirements change in every walk of life and no one has taken away the asre, are you advocating they do?

Apart from the retirement bit this is an excellent comment. They did it to the ECITB boys. It is a simple fact that the ASRE does not comply with the WAHR. That is why the ASRE was withdrawn by the very same people who introduced it.

the requirement of the ASRE Advanced ticket was 15 years previous scaffolding experience. How can someone not be competent working at height after 15 years in the game. Scaffolding training was always done "on the job". Are you seriously saying that people who hold the ASRE card, most who have been in the game 20 years or more, should go back to school to do their part 1 and 2 and advanced again? have you seen the numpties these training centre are spitting out like confetti?

Who bought you the big spirtle for Christmas?

I have posted many times my views on the ecitb card, I have spoken to Kev from the beginning right up to his current kick in the bollox, but none of this puts food on the table. Industry requirements change in every walk of life and no one has taken away the asre, are you advocating they do?

I am stirring nothing aom with a spirtle or anything else.
I, in fact am advocating that they refund any money ECITB card holders have had to spend on training on the grounds that they are not the slightest bit different from those who did the ASRE.
Do you think there is a difference?
To quote the designers favourite its 'double standards' simply because one system was bought in by one industry body.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

the requirement of the ASRE Advanced ticket was 15 years previous scaffolding experience. How can someone not be competent working at height after 15 years in the game. Scaffolding training was always done "on the job". Are you seriously saying that people who hold the ASRE card, most who have been in the game 20 years or more, should go back to school to do their part 1 and 2 and advanced again? have you seen the numpties these training centre are spitting out like confetti?

Just like the ECITB boys then? As before I am saying that the ECITB boys should be treated exactly the same as the ASRE boys.
Did you do the ASRE gunslinger757?

What chance of success regarding the ecitb refund, zero in my opinion. Your income is not affected by anything that happens here, be it ecitb or asre, but there are men here at home loosing cold hard cash because some people refuse to change with the times and sometimes it's like the farewell tour for the ecitb card. Let it die and let these guys get back to doing what they do best, earning cash and putting jobs up.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

It's also been suggested the nasc refund any cash contractors have spent on design drawings that no longer require designs with the new revision, that's not happening either.:laugh:

What chance of success regarding the ecitb refund, zero in my opinion. Your income is not affected by anything that happens here, be it ecitb or asre, but there are men here at home loosing cold hard cash because some people refuse to change with the times and sometimes it's like the farewell tour for the ecitb card. Let it die and let these guys get back to doing what they do best, earning cash and putting jobs up.

My income is not affected but it doesn't stop me having the right to stand up in support of scaffolders that I feel have been done a great injustice.
I didn't make the WAHR. It seems like one rule for one and another for others.
Who does it affect if they treat the ECITB exactly the same as the ASRE? Not me? Not you? Only the ECITB boys will have something to gain.

Nothing in life is fair, all they have to gain is time on the dole. ECITB is dead, it's not right it's not fair but changes nothing. Complete the training and earn the cash.

haha, I hope you don't think my ivory tower is threatened, My set up may be small but it's stronger than that, adapt and over come.;)

I done the ARE , part of that course was to do a NVQ level 3 to get our tickets would that not be considered as training ?
If they decided to revoke the ARE tickets would that mean that the NVQ 3 would be taken away as well.

Kevin
In response to your recent email, The ECITB and CISRS are two separate schemes one based upon experience and the latter on training, experience and VQ assessments. CISRS do not recognise ECITB cards and as such we would not issue a CISRS Scaffolder card without the requisite training CISRS Part 1 and 2, Level 2 NVQ and a Health and Safety test being completed.

I appreciate you have many years experience within the industry, however there is no longer a fast track “experienced worker” route to CISRS qualification and so the above is the only option available to you.

We could issue you with a CISRS Trainee card which will last 18 months within which time you must complete a minimum of CISRS part 1 if you would wish to retain your CISRS status. I am aware that this is not the card you would have hoped for, however it will at least allow you to work as a Scaffolder whilst you are undergoing your training.

Please find the application form attached, a list of CISRS approved Training providers can be found on our website CISRS ALL THE ABOVE HAS BEEN DONE SHAME IAM NOT WORKING AS A SCAFFOLDER BUT A LABOURER. HOPE A.R.E DONT GET SAME LETER!!!

Regards
Dave Mosley

Last edited:
I done the ARE , part of that course was to do a NVQ level 3 to get our tickets would that not be considered as training ?
If they decided to revoke the ARE tickets would that mean that the NVQ 3 would be taken away as well.

No, nobody can touch that once awarded.

Kevin
In response to your recent email, The ECITB and CISRS are two separate schemes one based upon experience and the latter on training, experience and VQ assessments. CISRS do not recognise ECITB cards and as such we would not issue a CISRS Scaffolder card without the requisite training CISRS Part 1 and 2, Level 2 NVQ and a Health and Safety test being completed.

I appreciate you have many years experience within the industry, however there is no longer a fast track “experienced worker” route to CISRS qualification and so the above is the only option available to you.

We could issue you with a CISRS Trainee card which will last 18 months within which time you must complete a minimum of CISRS part 1 if you would wish to retain your CISRS status. I am aware that this is not the card you would have hoped for, however it will at least allow you to work as a Scaffolder whilst you are undergoing your training.

Please find the application form attached, a list of CISRS approved Training providers can be found on our website CISRS ALL THE ABOVE HAS BEEN DONE SHAME IAM NOT WORKING AS A SCAFFOLDER BUT A LABOURER. HOPE A.R.E DONT GET SAME LETER!!!

Regards
Dave Mosley

So from the horses mouth. CISRS is based on partly training apart from the ASRE!!!

Top Bottom