agency's = scum

So what stoppages would an agency take out of your wage,say five days at a hundred a day just to keep it simple=£500,what would an agency worker take home:wondering:

Theres 2 choices...
Work for an Agency or be unemployed.

As long as Scaffolding Firms request Agencies to supply them Labour, while refusing to take blokes on direct, things wont change.
And there is NOTHING we can do about it.

Exactly.the firms are more to blame than the agencies

Still no reply to my email btw

Everyone is to blame i think... Firms, Agencies and Scaffolders.
Firms want a quick fix, a Scaff or 2 for a particular job, then dump them when they dont need them.
Agencies are ripping the arse out of it, not sharing the extra money out, taking it all for themselves.
Scaffolders too willing to work for peanuts, ie: £8 an hour.

Firms need to respect their blokes more.
Agencies need to stop being so greedy.
Scaffolders need to stand up for themselves.

Until things change we are ALL gonna lose out. Everyone of us.

I work for Lyndons who are one of the few mobs refusing to use agency labour, an take everyone through the books and look after their boys. Their one of the very few big players who boycotted this latest craze with companies using agencies. Good for them! As jase stated above it boils down to the companies requesting agency labour and also the lads excepting their p1ssy rates and short term contracts we all gotta make a stand or their gonna get their teeth rite in2 this trade. I remember scaffolding was one of the trades the agencies didn't really deal with but in the past few years this has completely changed and the bas.tards are all over it :mad:

my old mate told me some kid he knows worked for an agency and the charge them a fiver to
make there wages it admin cost, id go to there office chin the boss and who ever else i think by law if you disagree and say no it is theftso my law says bash the robbing arseholse

So what stoppages would an agency take out of your wage,say five days at a hundred a day just to keep it simple=£500,what would an agency worker take home:wondering:
Last time I recall the agency charges x amount of pounds per man and make an average 2.00 per man per hour. The rest go to the scaffolder.
Others may take more, but that was a few years ago and things might have changed.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Too late for that mate.agencies pay you through a umbrella firm who charge up to 30 pound weekley just to pay you
I must have mis-read that. I thought they were charging admin fees direct to them in order to just get a start. Yes I do know about umbrella companies.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Exactly.the firms are more to blame than the agencies
I have always said that. I'm glad someone agree's with me.

20-25% I believe they take per man now John, and for what? So say for instance your on £14 an hour working for an agency (this includes your holiday pay btw) the agency will make £2.80 an hour and on a 39 hour a week that's £109.20 PER MAN, PER WEEK!!! Hit overtime and they physically rape you some pay as little as an extra pound an hour when charging the client usual rates rate 1 x 1.5 and rate 2 x 2 so this is where they really make a killing.

theres no way of getting rid of agencys , but as i keep saying , the way to do something about the umbrellas and the way they get by AWR is to complain to your MP about them , if people up and down the country did this , it would be a start..

try upright scaffolding mate couple of there top guys are ex forces so army friendly firm

Are agencies starting to charge administration fees now or is it just a one-off?
First time I heard that.
I wont be exactly knocking at their door looking for work.
What was the agencies name? We should start sending out warning beacons on that one to nip it in the bud straight away before others follow suit!:mad:

No it's not a one off fee they charge this fee every week. £19 per week.

A lot agencies also pay you thru umbrella companies how take 20 a week off you on top off your tax nd stamp

i know its easy to say **** them bt at the end of the day you work for them for less. well if they can do it why dont we try here or someone start an agency that deal with prices that are good for us all and **** of the micky mouse *****

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

sorry my spellings crap but i stated scaffoding with dad after being kick out of school

Stop bitching lads it's easy I charge £15 per hour pay you £12
Let's say 10 hours a day 5 days a week.
You get £600
I get £150
The umbrella company take between £15-£26 per week depending on what one you pick I would always say use apex ( that bit of advice was free)
You lads get the best deal myself and the umbrella company have to look after 100s of lads you just look after your self. Now off here and back to work make me some money......

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Stop bitching lads it's easy I charge £15 per hour pay you £12
Let's say 10 hours a day 5 days a week.
You get £600
I get £150
The umbrella company take between £15-£26 per week depending on what one you pick I would always say use apex ( that bit of advice was free)
You lads get the best deal myself and the umbrella company have to look after 100s of lads you just look after your self. Now off here and back to work make me some money......

ONE WAY ,
bth_middle_finger-1.jpg

Cheeky ****

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Stay well clear off one way he sums up all agencies

One way to say it, a you robbing *****,we do not need u *******,up the scaffs

Top Bottom