agency's = scum

Agency is a joke lads should be in the union and it your employer uses agency hit the gate! What do jokers like forefront do for scaffolders nothing but rob us!! They want you to turn up on site with your own harness own Ppe it's a joke any good firm will give you ppe and a new harness for insurance reasons! For god sake your lucky to get holiday pay out of them cu nts! Open your eyes lads agency will bring our trade to its knees!

theres loads of **** agency's dexter but forefront seem to be one of the better ones paying the highest rates from what i see ,, and the ppe argument doesnt really work because we all have our own tools , dont we ?

ive been very critical of agencys and especially the umbrellas , because they pass the buck on to us , charging for paying wages , while they have no tax responsibilities and seek to avoid AWR.. But they aint gonna go away , to quote an old song , ITS LIKE THAT, AND THATS THE WAY IT IS...

Agy are killing our trade but it's not really there fault it's like it's been said its scaffold firms management to blame !!!!!!

This could become the norm,and then begins a price war between the agency's,who can offer the cheapest labour driving down the rates offered to the men actually doing the work:(

As Big Fish points out this could become the norm ,why? Do companies just want to be able to hire and fire without getting caught up in employment laws?
Are there big savings going this route?

If you bring back the unions lads would stick together and not let management use agency there was a time no union card no job!!!! Bring them days back.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Stleger so you think lads should buy their own ppe? Tools yes gloves? No boots? No harness? No hi vis? No! It's the basic rights of a worker!

i know it is dexter , if with a company i want them fuckin right , but if not , we should have them..

theres companys behind certain big agencys, theyre not daft..

yes Nick , big savings..

Last edited:
If you bring back the unions lads would stick together and not let management use agency there was a time no union card no job!!!! Bring them days back.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Stleger so you think lads should buy their own ppe? Tools yes gloves? No boots? No harness? No hi vis? No! It's the basic rights of a worker!

Spot on dexter.

i have always said it the agencys have ******* ruined scaffolding i ******* think they all stink just robbing *****

Well said mate they are just driving our pay rate down and then acting like we need them!!

This could become the norm,and then begins a price war between the agency's,who can offer the cheapest labour driving down the rates offered to the men actually doing the work:(
It already IS the norm Im afraid.
Rates offered by most agencies have plummeted two or three pounds an hour compared to the average rate three years ago.
I had been out of work for two months, but I still wouldnt work for insulting rates that were offered by some of these agencies, some offering rates comparing to cards in lads.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

No disrespect to cards in lads by the way.

they we are mugs to have let the agencys get the control of our pay and what they still make i say **** them all of they are like brothel owners

they we are mugs to have let the agencys get the control of our pay and what they still make i say **** them all of they are like brothel owners

your spot on ere mate i hate agency's aswell i worked for agency called search consultancy a couple years back and it must be said what a loaded a crap that was they fcked my pay nearly every week.... only paying 220 for 39 hour week fck that man.... i say fck the lot of them never again man all agency's bump hard working men and shouldn't be in place to do so i also blame the company that work with agency's they just as bad man

they get the blokes to work for crap and as you say pay you three weeks later if your lucky, id never use them with your own guys you have what matters a team you can trust
and rely on,agencys have just ****** all the good times up now the rates are **** due to them getting more greedy, and you dont even need a ticket to do it either they use all the scaffs braines they rob..

Agree total, I was working for a agency back last week before I jacked. What does my nut in is i was paying a administration fee only for them to fu*k my wages up. THEN when I contacted them about my wages they was expecting me to do all the running around to find out why I didn't get paid. So why the fu*k do we pay a admin fee. At the end of the day agencies just take, take, take but never give. Us scaffs do the hard work, not them pen pushers sitting on there arses all day so fu*k em is what I say.

you think were hard dont by out lass working with some 1 atm pregant she is works in a brother does it upto 5 times aday ake her mistress about 1,000 and get £20 a day ............. so could be worse lads could be selling ya arse to a purple i mean for a purple lol

Agree total, I was working for a agency back last week before I jacked. What does my nut in is i was paying a administration fee only for them to fu*k my wages up. THEN when I contacted them about my wages they was expecting me to do all the running around to find out why I didn't get paid. So why the fu*k do we pay a admin fee. At the end of the day agencies just take, take, take but never give. Us scaffs do the hard work, not them pen pushers sitting on there arses all day so fu*k em is what I say.
Are agencies starting to charge administration fees now or is it just a one-off?
First time I heard that.
I wont be exactly knocking at their door looking for work.
What was the agencies name? We should start sending out warning beacons on that one to nip it in the bud straight away before others follow suit!:mad:

Too late for that mate.agencies pay you through a umbrella firm who charge up to 30 pound weekley just to pay you

Top Bottom