Good news for Poland, Romania and any other foreign cheap labour.

i am just as fed up about all this cheap labour too, i am thinking about packing it all in, we never learn though, i was a great arsenal fan one time i dont bother anymore, theres hardly an english man in the team, as long as the subby can get them cheap they will keep on coming in, we have only ourselves to blame

She should be OUR PM!
We had one like that here in 1980 mrs thatcher, she didn't take any **** from anyone. We voted her out and got the labour party in and now look at the state of the place.
Like her or loathe her she was as hard as nails and wouldn't let anyone from anywhere get the better of us, that includes coal miners , Argentinians , the EEC ,the ira probably even bricklayers !

We had one like that here in 1980 mrs thatcher, she didn't take any **** from anyone. We voted her out and got the labour party in and now look at the state of the place.
Like her or loathe her she was as hard as nails and wouldn't let anyone from anywhere get the better of us, that includes coal miners , Argentinians , the EEC ,the ira probably even bricklayers !

Yeah, she decimated manufacturing, removed import tarriffs allowing the country to be flooded with cheap imports, sold the shipbuilding industry down the river, destroyed countlrss mining communities and sold the family silver off in the shape of the utilities - marvellous achievements I'm sure you'll agree!*rolls eyes

the old cow wasnt voted out she was ousted by her own party.
she hung on too long HESELTINE should have got the job but MAJOR GOT IT AND STARTED THE EU **** really taking hold with the Maastricht treaty

Yeah, she decimated manufacturing, removed import tarriffs allowing the country to be flooded with cheap imports, sold the shipbuilding industry down the river, destroyed countlrss mining communities and sold the family silver off in the shape of the utilities - marvellous achievements I'm sure you'll agree!*rolls eyes
She privatised manufacturing and got rid of the loafers , the coal board were a bunch of tossers who held the country to ransom to get a thirty percent pay rise when everybody else at that time got 3 percent. She enabled a lot of people to buy their own houses, granted, heseltine was a bit of a cock but I enjoyed spitting image during that political period. My wife's not so keen though her dad was killed during the Falklands conflict . But he didn't die in vain, the penguins are safe for another 30 years now.

She privatised manufacturing and got rid of the loafers

most manufacturing was private anyway, she destroyed it on purpose, as she said the future of the country was as a service industry

the coal board were a bunch of tossers who held the country to ransom to get a thirty percent pay rise when everybody else at that time got 3 percent.

While arthur Scarguill went the wrong way about it, everything he said would happend in the coal industry, did happen. She decimated communities, removing the ability for lots of working men to earn a wage and feed there families. We now import coal from Poland

She enabled a lot of people to buy their own houses,

And also caused a lot of people to loose them with 15% interest rates, repossesions on a scale never seen in this country and families living in cardboard boxes, because in her words "there is no such thing as community". she also refused to allow councils to use the money to build new homes, creating the social housing shortage we have now.

granted, heseltine was a bit of a cock but I enjoyed spitting image during that political period. My wife's not so keen though her dad was killed during the Falklands conflict . But he didn't die in vain, the penguins are safe for another 30 years now.

She caused the war, by removing HMS Endureance from patrol in the SA, due to defence cuts. Galterier took this as a sign of weakness, and invaded. She loved HM armed forces that much. they're were lads sailing to the Falklands with redundancy notices in their pockets because of the same savage defence cuts just a few months earlier

Top Bottom