Sccr

So....

I've been wearing my SCCR hat and have crudely stuck a huge SCCR lorry sticker to the back of my humble little van, determined to advertise our cause without having to shave my head and run around the town centre shouting like an insane priest. It's been a brief amount of time and its generated a lot of interest.

Admittedly one of the interest was a brickie who thought it was an football club badge. He was, "corrected".

But other than that people have been asking what on earth the SCCR is, and if my scaffolding is more level than my van sticker. I've explained the basic aims and what it hopes to achieve. I've also pointed out it's crying out for more members.

So far it seems most people are genuinely interested and wish it well, but other than that don't believe it will achieve anything. Saying "good luck with that" , "join a union instead" or "it won't happen". It's a shame they want it to succeed (especially at the mention of the scaffstep) but don't want to be part of it.

What is everyone else's experiences?? You are recruiting right, we need more members.

On a brighter note I've got at least one who's promised to join, and at least word is getting out there about the SCCR around here.

NASC have now started to talk to us at last!!

They are showing interest in the survey on the Scaff Step.

Also have noted some of our comments on training.

Its a start!!

Stewart Quinney

SCCR Chairman

SCCR Formed by Scaffolders for Scaffolders in order to give a voice.
The S.C.C.R. is constantly evolving, listening to the issues that concern you and your colleagues.
The committee members are all currently working within the Scaffolding Industry with first hand experience,
ranging from scaffolders on the tools to management.
If you want to be heard, come and join us.
A warm welcome awaits you.
The aim for 2011 is to unite the Industry & get the skills back.
Scaffolding is a skilled trade & needs to recognised for that.
We are also working closly with Main Contractors to progress the Industry forward in these changing times.

merry xmas sccr wish you the best for 2012!!!!!!!!! 10 quid a year for membership get on the paypal and join!!!!!

Please visit the home of the Scaffolders Forum for Consultation Rights - http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/groups/committee-consultation-rights.html

The group was setup due to there being a general consensus, regarding the lack of Consultation, regarding the provision for feedback, from Small/Medium/Enterprises (SME's) and Employees, to put their views across to the Policy makers and Training providers.

The group has already had a meeting with the HSE and are planning on meeting with the NASC in the near future.

Join Here - to have your say!
Hi i recently requested a form to join SCCR and was sent one, i returned it along with a cheque but heard nothing back !! it was a few months ago now !!!

Regards

Den from Platinum Scaffolding & Safety solutions uk ltd

Hi Den,

sorry to hear about that, but shouldn't you be contacting the SCCR first?

Ltd company.

Certificate was sent out etc.

I have checked the sccr e-mail no post in regards not receiving anything.

We do not send out memberships by recorded delivery & this would be the first not to arrive.

Have a few not arrived to us!!

Send an e-mail to sccr@sky.com so when we are back Tara can chase it up.

Regards Stewart

New cards will be sent out shortly with info on what is happening this year.

Stewart

Its voting time again members please cast your votes in and nominations.

can not log in aty asll says am ither blocked or i have not activated it how do i activate my sccrs account please?

Top Bottom