Safelinx Board Retainer - Simple, Quick, Safe... Across the Board

An ill wind and all that Nick, really happy with how these things have been performing lately, a really good test the last few weeks. did you ever get samples to Daffy?

Thanks for sorting out that delivery.

Glad they've had this level of a thrashing and stood up, proof of the pudding stuff, very reassuring feedback. Daffy never replied to my PM and no worries about the delivery. Will chase him up soon when I've got a bit of stuff out of the way. Let me know how these ones go.

A couple of agents singing the praises of these units today. They were sat at home one plugged in to a wind speed web site and the other watching the web cam and not the one's that Paddy watches it was the Campbeltown live web cam which seemingly looks on to a hotel job we have standing at the moment. They have come back from holiday with no finger nails left and had been expecting some form of devastation but not a thing has moved.

No way, proper board clamps better, less of a trip hazard, less space to stack and and handle just throw them in with a mixed bin/ bucket and hey presto. Can also bomb them, and clip2 + boards, as opposed to a ONLY good on a 4 board scaffold and STILL having to clip the inside boards.. As for wind, staggered board clamps would be better again. IMO. And what about bridge fleets???? Adapted scaffolds?? As it sits on the transom and on a butt joint if you want to let boards fly a little they **** out again.

"For those reasons I'm out"

Safelinx are by no means a bigger trip hazzard than board clips, they have a profile that is as flush to the boarded lift as any board clip. As for handling the units, no-one seems to have a problem passing 5's and if your securing the boards at both ends instead of just in the middle there is a massive saving on numbers. I'm sure no one advocates bombing equipment but even if a Safelinx unit were 'dropped' they are a lot tougher than you think. Safelinx can be bought to service any size scaffold and can be used to secure the inside boards of jobs, most people choose to secure the inside boards seperately due to sliding tranny's hop ups etc. Also board clips will never restrain the boards in the way Safelinx does and help with the lifespan on general condition of the boards. I assume by 'bridge' fleets you mean the boards lapping (creating a trip hazzard) I always try to avoid. Safelinx was never designed to make board clips redundant. It was designed to make the securing of the working platform a quick operation and is undeniably better for bigger jobs where time and results are more important. Safelinx was also designed with the end user in mind. The secure flush working platform it provides works for them, and that's who it's for in the end.

For those reasons....I'm in.

Not knocking it, but, from what you say, good on large lumps of scaffold, and in that dream world we would all be on price making a fortune. Didn't have a problem with handling, merely saying that its another item to be stacked, put on a pallet or stillage and transported then forklifted or craned on a loading bay, time is money after all! And if I was on price I know which one would pay. You have me on "bridge fleets" I call it a bridge fleet, a little old fashioned i know, but if it sits on one fleet it laps, if sits on two it bridges, (like a bridge eh) a slight but subtle difference, but yeah I wish I went on every job and the correct gear came out, don't like sawing down boards, so send out 3,4,5,6,7 , 8 , 10, 13 foot boards & mixed butts a dozen of each up to 5 ft. but hey ho, I have a much better idea and it does not involve securing boards, if you want to make money pm me. Otherwise good luck with your endeavours!! peace out!

Big Balls, i think you'd be pleasantly surprised with these units pal, i was a bit sceptical when i first saw them, but since talking to nick and having a trial run with them i am converted, i know i few of the lads on here would back me up with this as well. We've got a few units and the jobs we've used them on the clients have been well impressed with them. if you've got a lot of boards to tie down, these'll save you a load of time. Also used them on some internals in churches, with the heat on inside boards nearly always warp and cause a trip hazard them selves, but these keep the boards flat. as for adapting, we just got the zip ties, slide the units out and hey presto. Send nick a message, I'm sure he could sort something out for you. Bridge fleets??? tut tut tut, even board clips can't fix these down.

I have to say it never ceases to amaze me how some people can form an opinion with absolutely no experience or concept of the thing.

Sorry Charlie but these things are far faster and easier to handle than any limpet or clamp and as for transport they fit in the van quite easily.:idea:

JHC. seriously, they are not viable. Lnly if you are on a sensible day rate, maybe. And sorry mate, but there are still to many companies pricing jobs with there backs against the wall and expecting the blokes to make up for it. You get what you pay for after all, with that in mind if was on day rate, happy days, UP goes debris net, treble , quadruple handrail, safetylinx or board clamps, and enough gear on one lift on a loading bay to make your eyes water, ( remember the good old days regards loading bays, not so long ago i may add, well I do, and not one collapsed that i erected) working to SG4 guidelines, hell I will even sleep with the site managers dead grandma, but, how many times do you get a chance to show what you know and how it can be done, as opposed to " can you just get it sorted by the end of the day, do what you can, sorry we haven't got the right gear get something in there I have somewhere else for you to go tomorrow."

Was only trying to give my honest opinion in the first instance, and apologies for what may seem a long winded comment!

Not long winded at all Charlie and honest opinions is what it's all about but it's the reasons you state that the scaffs backs are against the wall which leads me to investigating these things and if they are quicker than what's already out there and financially feasible you would be mad not to change. When I started on my own we were double lashing the boards with blue rope but whilst it looked ok it did take us ages, then we discovered limpets. We thought we hit the big time but soon discovered time spent on your knees trying to clear the crap from round the bolt could be very time consuming as well. The board clamps were better but for some reason were hard to come by despite my supplier selling at the same price and at that time it annoyed me as we boarded from the top then had to have a man below you to tighten them. It has since changed but at that time it hadn't even crossed my mind to board from below, just another bad habit that had to be broken. These units are fitted in seconds and do the same job, they cost a lot less per fitted fleet than any other method I know about and they don't get lost, buried, crushed, or need servicing the way all the other systems do.

Don't understand how someone can wish me luck in promoting a new product but start the post 'Not worth a w-ank' AND has no idea what they are actually capable of. A harsh opinion like that NOT backed up with experience is 'NOT WORTH A W-ANK'.

Last edited:
Cheers Tommo76,

Thanks for the reply, I know the nature of the beast having been a scaffolder for 17 plus years and understand your reservations about a plastic item,but the material is very durable and can withstand a hell of a lot of abuse, and by the same token boards get trashed, fittings get buried and tube even gets bent! Nothing is indestructable! The latest Safelinx are a virgin HDPE (Wheelybin) material and do a fantastic job. As I have said before I never intended Safelinx to leave board clips/limpits etc totally redundant, they all have their place, as does Safelinx.

Naw, mine are all fitted down at both ends by retainers.;)

Top Bottom