Safelinx Board Retainer - Simple, Quick, Safe... Across the Board

seen the youtube video, know the concept of how they work, aren't knocking the idea but dubious with having to rely on zip ties, they could fail. have you any official tests on this?Also dubious in faffing about if the boards are warped. If they're for you then fair enough.I have tried all types of ideas through the years ,and my preferred fitting so far is the limpet, they have never failed yet and we have been using them for about ten years, and stood up to some very high winds in the last week without any problems as a current example.If it's not broken don't fix it.I assume that you are pushing these as a product you sell,so can understand your bias.Mine is an experienced opinion which we're all entitled to.

Agreed, but how can you compare how do you know if new technologies are passing you by? I run my own wee firm in one of the highest wind codes in the country and was looking for an alternative to lashing with wire or the blue rope as it was so time consuming. We did buy a load of limpets not too long before I saw these units but thought I would get a couple of freebies to try. As soon as I used them I knew they were the one's for me as they are fitted in half the time as the limpet and if your limpeting 1000 boards at a time your knee's are aching but fixing a thousand boards with this unit is just so easy. I've no vested interest in the firm who sells them just one happy customer who has had a load of trouble over the years with high winds. As far as I know there is testing for the unit which is tremendously strong and even how much wind that would be required to bend the board free of the unit which I have never seen happening but over time for various reasons we have seen a few units split but mostly from rough handling from the scaffs but I have never seen the cable tie break. We find warped boards are not a problem for us anyway but it is a lot easier if you keep your hooping irons in good order.

fair comment,each to their own I suppose, my scaffs like the limpet as we can use them on big vertical boarded rubbish shutes and big wide fans, and other abnormal applications, very good in rivers when there's flood threats.we would try this new thing if it were offered,but can't see the versatility that the limpet has, I will let the scaffs decide, but as all new products that come our way, we would test them to extreme in our depot first before letting them loose on a big job, especially without any formal testing credentials from the manufacturer.

I'm sure he will be in touch to let you know about testing. If you do give them a go please let me know what you think.

yea no problem, will give a true and experienced opinion if they ever come our way

Hi Daffy

Will get some samples to you ASAP, if you PM me an address I'd like to see what you think. Each board retention method has it's merits, the shutes you talked about I see as a great use of Safelinx and as AOM says the ties are seriously up to the job. Securing the entire fleet of boards in one fell swoop is not to be sniffed at even if you mix and match with other methods in certain applications. I never thought Safelinx would leave board clips, limpets or lashing redundant, what I did see as a Scaff was a way to make our job easier and the working platform safer for the client. As I say PM me an address to send you a few to destroy.

Better safe than sorry, over the windy X-mas period why risk getting called out to re secure your boards, limpet them, BC them, lash them or just throw a 5' across them! Better still, try Safelinx and get all the extra benefits it offers too.

Right nick,it was blowing a proper hoolie on a island of n.wales today,and these newbuilds are right in the teeth of the gales,so you'll be glad to know that i've finally put the safelinx into use,at my cost not theirs,because i dont want the callouts over the break,i'll let you know how we get on;)

Speculate to accumulate

Hi BigFish

Nice one mate, not good for boards anywhere at the mo. Tweaks on the tool are leaving the latest units as good as they are going to get, will be testing again in the new year to get some calcs for the system but the proof of the pudding seems to be the order of the day. Keep me posted :blink1:.

A BURNLEY firm has been honoured at the North West Business Environment Awards.

Flynn and Dawson took the runner-up trophy for Environmental Innovation, for its Safelinx scaffold board retainer.

Aimed at the construction industry, Safelinx is a simple, fast and easy way to fasten down scaffolding boards on building sites.

The innovative product is manufactured from locally sourced, 100 per cent recycled plastic and packaged with minimal empty space to reduce the carbon impact of its storage and distribution.

More than 1,000 Safelinx units have been sold since the product was launched in March 2010 and sales of 15,000 units per month are predicted by the end of 2011. The award ceremony took place in Manchester.

]Any update on how the business/product is going? as predicted or greater?

Last edited:
It's good to see an innovation that actually works, and efficient loss prevention measure with cost effective retrievable returns.

Well done Chaps...

Hi Jakdan

Another year on, streamlined company (just me now) pushing, promoting and trials with some big companies, everyone who tries it loves but having to move production slowed things quite a bit. Ready to rock again so "this time next year Rodney". Be entering some more awards next year too, will keep yall posted.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Cheers Garry

Will let you know how the other things develop.

Congratulations on attracting so much attention Nick, can't say I'm surprised though.

What's the situation with stock? We are completely out and I could do with a few more in the yard straight after the new year for our return to work as we have a bit to go up before we can take anymore down.

Thanks Babyscaff, word is spreading slowly but surely :cool:

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Hi Aom

Will get some ready for the new year, got some more site visits so will let you know how they go.

Tell me about it, touch wood so far no reports of incident but really needing a delivery for Monday erect.

Nick, thanks for the PM.

I have never known wind like it, they reckon it's the worst in a generation with around 1700 homes in Argyll alone going at least 3 day's without power due to all the tree's bringing down the lines. I have never seen as many hydro vans in my life, they have even drafted in foreign workers and vehicles to help them. I was in Helensburgh on Friday and every roof I looked at was damaged so hopefully going to be a good start to the year with all these repairs.

Good start to new year

Bad news about the homes without electricity but hopefully great news for the repair work for you. Finished cutting and drilling so I will sort out the haulier tomorrow.

Top Bottom