Ecitb scaffs tkt

even the news of the world with all there laywers couldnt beat the law times ticking!!! lets hope all sides involved can come up with a sensible solution for the ecitb scaffolder

They havent all of them have pulled out of the meeting with the SCCR, as i said before spineless Bas**ards, none of them have any balls to come to a solution, they dont give a flying f**k about our industry, just as long as they get there pay a month. no one wants to rock the boat.

The day is nearing, i am booked on my Part 1, i am turning to the dark side.:sick::sick:

i can remember mine, they told me i put my swivels on upside down/back to front, see everyone learns something

Do i have to brace it as well, i will become a better scaffolder then lol, im learning already.:bigsmile:

"You'll love it... They will show you the correct way how to base an 8ft tower out. "

What with the old 1,2,3 to make sure it's square and everything ?!!! lol

When I thought I might have to do my tickets again the woman said they have quite a few lads that have been scaffolding 20-30 years having to do them again.
Can't be right that !

hopefully when you turn up animal there kiss your arse when they see the size of you exspecially the sh!t we got from a certain instructor last summer over the ecitb ticket another train to gain wasting tax payers money on a experienced lad lmfao no wonder they call it broken britain lmfao!!!!! catch up soon mate

Regarding NASC....you get audited by f**king competitors.!!! how the f**k are you supposed to get accepted, cause if you did you become a bigger threat to the companies the auditers own, Its a gentlemens club,cartelling , would'nt be allowed in other industries .......STINKS.....

Good luck Animal. Once you get your tickets you can slag all us who never got them.
I got a mate who was a mini cab driver for 20 years,he done the knowledge and now slags off mini cabs at every opportunity. menace to the road, dont know where theyre going. unlicenced should have to do test, not insured,death trap motors,just got off the banana boat and taking our work. Him and his mates go on and on,lol.
I see a parity here. :amuse:
Thing is,in doing the knowledge,you teach yourself and someone tests you on it,till they think your competent.

Quite a few lads that have been scaffolding 20-30 years having to do them again.
Can't be right that !

Apparently, the CITB was going to 'ban' grandfather right tickets.
You know the old ones where you could have been working on a fruit and veg stall and got a letter in the post asking you if you want either a Basic or Advanced ticket..., which was then sent off and you was then a Scaffolder. :huh:

Which personally, i think should be banned anyway, as it aint fair, tbh...
But i know others here will defo disagree with me about that, lol.

I heard that the old tickets (grandfather rights) would be banned and the ones holding them would have to resit their course, or maybe do a refresher (which would be more fair then a completely new resit, imo).

ive worked with and managed loads of lads wth GF rights,
they learned the real way,@ work and they taught me a lot more than any course ive been on.

as everyone keeps on saying, the courses are sh1t and the ticket doesn't make the scaff

ive worked with and managed loads of lads wth GF rights,
they learned the real way,@ work and they taught me a lot more than any course ive been on.

as everyone keeps on saying, the courses are sh1t and the ticket doesn't make the scaff

No, your right.

Ok, how about another way to say it:

You had to pay for an x-amount of driving lessons... Cost you a few quid and took months and months to pass, even if you was lucky to pass the first time, otherwise its more time and money spent on re-tests and stuff.

Then:

An African or Asian comes over here on their own 'Driving Licence'...
They can drive a car (just about), but are not upto MODERN standards, dont know the highway code and stuff, dont read road signs, dont understand speed limits or how us British drive nowadays.

• You paid and earned your Driving Licence.
  • They either bought it on the snide or sent off some stupid form in their own country.
You BOTH have Driving Licences, so is their a difference, between how you drive and how they do.

Is it fair?
I dont it is and i dont think Grandfather Rights is either tbh.

Got to disagree with you there J. working scaff on gf qualifies thru experience surely. I thought you alluded to that earlier. As for a stall holder witha ticket,theyde soon get found out wouldnt they?

Good point jakdan, so have I and it stood me in good stead for years.

I got grandfather rights with driving a 7.5 tonne wagon, i would hate to have to pay £2000 for it :laugh::laugh::laugh:

That shows how outdated it is.
They dont even use Wagons anymore, not since 1931... they are called Lorries. ;)

Not in my world Jason, it's either a truck or wagon never ever a lorry. I think it's akin to the poles and planks.:amuse:

Top Bottom