Ecitb scaffs tkt

ample time down south there was very little notification if any. if notifications had gone out via leters then think most would of done the assesed route over the 2 weekends which most wernt informed about and when they were the assesed route had finished as for ample time think the parties involved had plenty of time to send a proper leter out or atleast notified the apropiate people. if it was a database and not a ticket as they say!! why was it assepted as a scaffolders ticket for over 2 decades notification of a leter would of been a start.

i think ecitb card holders have been getting reminders for a very long time, apart from petrchem,mechanical projects a small percentage of the work on offer compered to civils and town work for the last 20yrs ,how many times were you asked to produce a citb card only .

you okay kendodd once late 90s got asked for a citb was at stratford box london was working for a firm that used to be called daniels which i believe now is called alltask it was for a agency called sterfords based in maidstone this is the only time that i have been asked to produce a citb and that was when i was asked to show ticket on the job even the lad from daniels spent an hour in the site office trying to exsplain what a ecitb was to the agent apart from that never. its only started to be a problem 2010 last year

In the five years I have had my CISRS Advanced card its only over the last 18 months or so that I have been asked for it. Since that stopped the assessed route I think!!

Ragscaff

Something is not quite right with the chain of information,seems all industry had been informed but no proper correspondence the the men who will be affected.
How has this happened? And then coincidently thousands of men are now chasing there tails to stay in work at great expense. The whole world knows its about money.

Corgi for plumbers was the start of it with refresher courses and 5 year fees to stay registered. I use to have a hobby,football ref,been doing it fo 30 odd years,pay a fee to register every year,failure to register for two years and resit instruction wth16 year olds....sounds familiar

Something is not quite right with the chain of information,seems all industry had been informed but no proper correspondence the the men who will be affected.
How has this happened? And then coincidently thousands of men are now chasing there tails to stay in work at great expense. The whole world knows its about money.

Corgi for plumbers was the start of it with refresher courses and 5 year fees to stay registered. I use to have a hobby,football ref,been doing it fo 30 odd years,pay a fee to register every year,failure to register for two years and resit instruction wth16 year olds....sounds familiar

couldnt agree more with this post the eictb card withdrawl is a REAL issue,well put fredrik.

Fredrick you ******* in the black LOL

Only joking mate you have raised a very good point the thing is no one is taking any notice nor are they getting in touch with the SCCR they all want someone to do it for them.

everything you and a thousand others have said is correct ,whats going on ? no union to fight the cause no solidarity to fight the cause,so what is the answer?will you get the backing ?maybe only after everyone as been conned out of a lot of hard earned cash, then when everyone =finally get the act together they will hit everyone with something else ,seriuosly why should a guy who has worked in the industry for yrs and been a credit to the job , retrain for something he all ready does (crazy),i fully agree that when new legislation comes available then yeah thats a must , but in all the yrs i was in the industry nothing as realy changed, few new fittings came out , nothing really major ,back in the 60s you didnt need any formal training you learnt , from the older guys ,if you didnt you stayed on the floor til you did so it was in your interest to learn, only hope that everyone challenges the power that be

i think ecitb card holders have been getting reminders for a very long time, apart from petrchem,mechanical projects a small percentage of the work on offer compered to civils and town work for the last 20yrs ,how many times were you asked to produce a citb card only .

Do you know, or as you say i think, big difference.:embarrest:

had a ecitb ticket 80s/90s can remember many a job on the civil side or ringing firms for street work and getting asked for a citb ticket not saying i ever had to show it i always had to blag i had one ill bring it in tommorow the usuall **** ,but the reminder was always there that the ecitb just wasnt the ticket to have .

come across a article today regarding cisrs cards,(Quote)in 96 vocational qualifactions (QV) where developed , cisrs states since there introduction a scaffolding operative was required to complete both practical training and VQprior to cisrs card being issued,RUBBISH i was one of many older scaffs who went down the grandad route, remember got a letter saying i had to go on said course phoned and told them not doing it 30yrs+ in the industry ,reply was send me £25 cpoy of then up to date scatts card that would do weeklater got my cisrs card which as just ran out this yr.

yeap heard this quite a bit now denbo thought it was a wind up safety bloke told me and animal 2009 about the £25 quid we could off sent off he said most you scaffolders were to tight to paye it so you lost out to tight we would of jumped at it. yet again no information or leter sent.lads that i have spoken too. that have done the cisrs who had a ecitb. all the instructors say is sorry and are pretty much on there side. lads putting doubles round the wrong way ledgers back to front i know there only learning but in such a short period there cisrs qualified to errect scaffold with 3 years exsperience one word lack of exsperience dangerous. even see a job advertised this week saying they would consider takeing an exsperienced cisr part 1. but wont take scaffolders with ecitb 25 years in the game. part 1 cisrs whats that these days just over a year exsperience one word dangerous unless there supervised but!! the agencys happy because theve filled the clients request!!

its not only dangerous (dico) BUT DOWN RIGHT IRESPONSSIBLE,i got 0ut of the industry after 30odd yrs worked offshore for yrs ,having safety officers asking what we where doing ,turned out the majority of safety officers where ex fireman ,granted you need them type of people on board,but we where asking ourselves shoudnt the oil companies that employed them put them on basic courses about different trades so that they at least they had some understanding.so i went into safety to see if being in the industry would make any difference, did it (NO),i came accross scaffolders 21-22 yrs old with a whole lot of respsonsiblity, but not a lot of experience, but you could allways guarentee that you had a older more more 3experienced guy working with them,but according to the regulations they had the right credentials (IE CARDS) SO WHAT DO YOU DO ,really a disgrace the way the industry as gone

Hi guys, apologies as this is my first post on the forum although I watch a lot what you guys are up to. Im not a scaffolder on the tools but more on the safety side, again sorry.

Regarding your arguments in relation to ECITB and CISRS I fully feel for you all as I work with most of the UK housebuilders and the only card accepted is the CISRS consequently eliminating a lot of experienced guys. Some of you mention the card is not a legal requirement and thats correct, but it has become the benchmark in relation to best practice.

warning angency called trillium 4 wks waiting for monies same excuse all the time awaiting company to sign off work sheet glostar scaffolding

Hi guys, apologies as this is my first post on the forum although I watch a lot what you guys are up to. Im not a scaffolder on the tools but more on the safety side, again sorry.

Regarding your arguments in relation to ECITB and CISRS I fully feel for you all as I work with most of the UK housebuilders and the only card accepted is the CISRS consequently eliminating a lot of experienced guys. Some of you mention the card is not a legal requirement and thats correct, but it has become the benchmark in relation to best practice.

happening in the industrial sector as well manscaff. your thoughts are the same as all indusrial managers and client asking the question why!!! they cant do that can they??

Why here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole point is there was no training & the qualification has been taken away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a good move :(

Thought this had been removed, mon admin put it back.

Top Bottom