Sccr

Spot on Stewart, lets see if he will start talking to you and the SCCR. yet again thanks for all your time and the SCCR on your efforts for us lads:blink1:

as animals stated above thankyou for all your help its much apreciated ragscaff and sccr and the support from the forum.

he'll go into hiding again... GET OUT OF THE CLOSET AND TELL THESE LADS THE TRUTH....

Ok Guys its 3 weeks to go in the voting for the new election. who wants to stand and whats your views on the last 6 months work.

i think youve all done a grand job your get my vote through and through not sure about the fags for your kids steve give him roll ups first its cheaper!!!

I think in the short space of time of getting everything up and running , plus being in contact with the main powers to be, the meetings etc, plus carrying on with your own work, plus a moving house involved youve all done bloody brilliant.
May it just go from strength to strength:blink1:

fantastic,same again from this corner dont think any other individuals could have done more great job carryon.

i think youve all done a grand job your get my vote through and through not sure about the fags for your kids steve give him roll ups first its cheaper!!!

Leave ar nipper out of it dico.lol. He's coming on just fine belt and harness getting ordered for him in a couple of months. Once he's a 40 a day lad. Lol.

wonder if Simon hugues would fancy the joining the committee or is that a massive no no from NASC.. would rick statham fancy it if not?

i for one wouldnt like to see anybody other than fully qualified experianced scaffolders on the committee,more importantly guys who have the time to spare or to devoute to forward scaffolders issues,ideas etc.for me the present team have done fantastic in the embryionic stage,notorisely the hardest stage of setting up any organisation.

SCCR Committee

Chairman : Ragscaff
Vice Chairman : Scaffy
Health & Safety Secretary : Paddy Carr
Training Development Officer : Steve Gregory
Treasurer : Trudgeon & Halling
Promotions & Tech Secretary : Garry Adams
Sponsor & Press Secretary : AOM
Committee Member : Podger
Committee Member : Vacant​

Six months have gone!!

Its time to vote a new committee.

As the forum has been a big part of the formation of the SCCR its members will have a chance to have an input into the nominations of the new committee & the voting. Then as from next year only registered SCCR members will be able to vote.

The vote will take place week begining 7th February.

Copy & paste the above put the name of the person you want in each role & your name at the bottom & e-mail to sccr@sky.com

The names to be voted on will be posted on here & the SCCR web site on the morning of the 7th February & the voting will be open for five days.

You can nominate yourself if you wish.

Regards Stewart Quinney
Chairman SCCR

well who fancies my grief... i vote ragscaff as chairman... xxIanxx on the training side. I vote myself on the stop smoking committee,,lol...

Maybe Simon Hugues .... ???? could vote Ray Johnson on aswell..

Last edited:
Hats of to all the lads,
Thats the hard part done now it gets harder keeping up the momentum,

Dear Mr Hardacre,

I have been passed a copy of your reply to my e-mail I sent you. This e-mail was placed on the SCCR web site for ECITB scaffolders to copy & paste you as I seemed to get no reply to me letters, e-mails & phone calls. I have on several occasions left my details for you including the SCCR office number, my home number, my mobile number, my personal e-mail, the SCCR e-mail & my home address. To date you have not shown me the respect of a direct reply.

I have had replies & dialoge with the ECITB, CISRS, National Joint Council & Govenment.
It is my understanding that Unite represent the workers as part of the CIJC : Construction Industry Joint Council. CISRS Scheme Owners.

What I find hard to believe is that Unite did not fight the corner of the worker, instead backed the CISRS scheme as owners!

In your reply you rightly stated that there is a divide between the sectors Engineering & Construction. Historically that divide was Engineering ECITB & Construction CITB. Unite if I am correct mainly had ECITB members working in the Engineering sector. If your members were to be affected in this way why was there not a ballot?

Are you now saying it is UCATT who failed to look after the ECITB guys?

Why did the notification of the removal of these cards not go to all members? We still have ECITB card holders now who are not sure what is going on!

Do you not know that the ASRE was removed primeraly for the same reasons that the ECITB was, no training. How many of your members with the ASRE could be affected if that is the next card to be removed?

The ECITB card is now extended for a further 12 months! So if an advanced card holder has just been informed through this latest letter he now has 12 months to gain his CISRS advanced card?

Thats not long enough & who's going to pay for it!? Is the training time scale going to be reduced further?

Are we to tell a skilled tradesman to go back to the classroom & undertake an attendance course with guys that have no experiance at all. Is that anyway to treat our workforce!!!

So the CIJC is made up of the NASC who have 230 members out of a possible 16,000 who represnt the employers, Unite the Union & UCATT who represent the worker. There are around 40,000 + scaffolders in the country, how many are Union members. The CIJC owns CISRS but can't help its union members!

Sounds like a licence to print money!

You appear to point blame at the employers for the ECITB guys not undertaking the CISRS change over. Yet if you had an Advanced scaffolder working for you at a top rate would you want to send him away for courses over 2-3years in 10 day blocks or would you just wait until that card run out & say you are no longer qualified & get some one else at no or little cost!!!!!

When you next have a meeting to find a remedy I hope you will see fit to invite the SCCR who represnt small to medium businesses & Individual scaffolders on a level playing field.

You say the figure you are looking at is around 600, we think it could be up to 3,000. Also if a deal is done what happens to all those guys that have already lost jobs & money over this poorly managed situation?

We have tried to voice the concerns in this situation to the NASC but as they seem to be the main stake holder of the CISRS scheme I feel it is purely down to money now & because the situation was not controlled properly in the first place our only option is to take this to the court of European Rights.

The SCCR is setting up a select sub committee run by members who have the ECITB cards, they will take this situation further backed by the SCCR main committee & contact as many ECITB scaffolders as possible, even those who have their CISRS cards & take this mad situation to the next level.

To sum up.

The scaffolding Industry is not recorgnised as a skilled trade!

CIJC owns CISRS but cannot or will not control it!!

NASC runs CISRS & both are run as non-profit!!!

The scaffolder with over 20 years service is pushed to the bottom of the ladder!! Oh yes & 20 years of Union subs!!

You might have gussed that I am not an educated man but I do know right from wrong.

Regards Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

PS The above is without prejudiced.

you wont get any joy .. on the above thread yetti....

Back to nominations:

ok I havent been in hiding ... as a few pm's have said.. I've been updating the laptop from a slow bag of s*** and it running nearly as fast as a Jet plane ... amazing what a kill and 6 gig of ram does to it..so now ALL SYSTEMS GO GET YOUR VOTES IN ON THE WEBSITE.. LETS MAKE THIS THE YEAR FOR THE SCAFFOLDERS.....

Nominations For SCCR Committee

Chairman

Ragscaff

Vice Chairman

Scaffy

Paddy

Training Development

Steve Gregory ,

Health & Safety Development

XXIanXX

JS Safety Services

Ken Cain

Committee Members x 4

Allan666
Brandy
Celticbhoy
Dave B
Dico
Kaydee
Podger
Scaff
Swifty
XXIanXX
JS Safety Services
Ken Cain
Scaffy
Paddy

Unfortunatly the following members of the committee have stood down due to commitments that mean they cannot undertake a position on the full committee. I would like to thank them for the support & work they have put into this first six months. Garry Adams will be continuing to work on a sub committee for technical support.

AOM
Garry Adams

Also PW & Phillosmaximus were nominated but at this time are not able to commit to the committee due to work load. Hopefully they will be able to in the future.​

Due to the site being down voting will close midnight 15th February. You need to send your votes to sccr@sky.com.

Any forum member can vote.​

Last edited:
Top Bottom