would you work with a polish scaff

polish scaffs

They do the 4 day scaffold coarse in Holland! witch only shows them system,
no tube and fittings, then after a year they do the 4 day first builder coarse!
so second builder is a Trainee, first builder is a Basic Scaff, about as Basic as it gets, by the look of thier work??????? :eek:

i can assure you thats what my pal was told on the phone by the dsl manager,i have no reason to lie about this.i dont have a problem with the guys themselves but the system is all wrong and needs sorting out soon

HI!!!

I'm polish scaff, - best regards for everybody, its nice to read things you write :nuts::nuts::nuts:

I'm polish scaff, - best regards for everybody, its nice to read things you write :nuts::nuts::nuts:

All right catfihgt we have nothing against polish scaffs as long as they stay in Poland are even Norway jobs are tight in the uk now and so is our rate its not all down to the polish but it dose not help good luck in Norway mate

as already stated most british scaffs do not have a problem with people of any nationality coming here to work in our great country.we do have a problem with peasant farmers coming here under false pretence and with very limited ability or knowledge claiming to be scaffolders.i cannot blame these people but as already stated the system is wrong and needs sorted !! PS i am glad you can have a laugh reading our posts CATFIHGT:-----SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY CANT SPELL CATFIGHT

as already stated most british scaffs do not have a problem with people of any nationality coming here to work in our great country.we do have a problem with peasant farmers coming here under false pretence and with very limited ability or knowledge claiming to be scaffolders.i cannot blame these people but as already stated the system is wrong and needs sorted !! PS i am glad you can have a laugh reading our posts CATFIHGT:-----SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY CANT SPELL CATFIGHT

I agree, we have thats same problems with "peasant farmers" :bigsmile::bigsmile:
I pressed the keys too fast, and so has been CATFIHGT not CATFIGHT :laugh::laugh:

poles

I don't care about polish scaffs.If they've got uk papers.
I know they can work for half a money - that's schocking. Ironicly I'm polish. I've paid for every single course I,II,advanced, off shore, etc..., never been on dole ( even now ). Don't blame foreigners - reality is : no connections no job - simple. Nevertheless - I'm proud of this job.

I don't care about polish scaffs.If they've got uk papers.
I know they can work for half a money - that's schocking. Ironicly I'm polish. I've paid for every single course I,II,advanced, off shore, etc..., never been on dole ( even now ). Don't blame foreigners - reality is : no connections no job - simple. Nevertheless - I'm proud of this job.

Hello jerrys72 there will be good polish scaffs out there but there are all so a lot of polish scaffs that are very poor and they work for a lot less than English scaff would that is what gets polish scaffs a bad name it is a shame for the good polish scaffs that have had to do it the hard way paying for every think your self then geting painted with the same brush if there was loads of work out there for every body i would work with a good polish scaffolder but the way things are at the minute there are a lot of good English lads out of work and polish scaffolders do not help but its not your fault so good luck jerrys72

Thanks Graham. I'm on the same boat like many brits...I've been laid off on september....is hard time for me aswell...

Thanks Graham. I'm on the same boat like many brits...I've been laid off on september....is hard time for me aswell...

Sorry to here that jerrys72 hope you get sorted out soon mate its hard for a lot of scaffolders at this time but it won't last for ever the good times will be back for all of us :blink1:

Alright Men, i live up in Scotland and there was a job come up for a Site Manager. Now there was a man qualified working on the site as a labourer so he applied. He got knocked back because he could not speak fluent Polish. Things are bad enough up here without having to learn another language just to get a job.

Alright Men, i live up in Scotland and there was a job come up for a Site Manager. Now there was a man qualified working on the site as a labourer so he applied. He got knocked back because he could not speak fluent Polish. Things are bad enough up here without having to learn another language just to get a job

That is not wright its things like that,that do your head in

To be honest i have not worked with any Poles on the spanners, but i have seen the Brickies here and they work in the rain and all sorts. Ruining it for everyone. One day an accident will happen because of the fear of being paid off and the risks they will take to stay in the job.

The rot is well set in now with foreign labour,but it a lot of the agencies,employers,etc are to blame as they put profits before anything else in the current climate regarding work.Personally never worked with any polish but wouldnt have any probs if they had the same qualifications and capabilities,unfortunetly this doesnt seem to be the case.....Dont forget many of them are also claiming benefits for the families they have back in poland or any other european state they come from.That is what gets my back up..especially when the govt dont look after our own......

There are thousands of them here from all over europe and the ones who don't work are either breaking into houses or mugging old people. Your right as well as the whole family is over here claiming. Give them there due as well as we have a lot of berry fields and they graft all summer head down arse up. I suppose it's something that we will have to deal with now. It would be interesting to see a squad if the c/hand calls it a day due to weather or just had enough to see there reaction

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

If they come over from Poland, what cards do they have?

I do work with a Polish Scaff yeah, he's fuckin sound, . No different to any other guy i have worked with. Speaks perfect english and I had him out on a haki roof 140ft up when no other English Scaff would do it. Admittedley most of them are useless but there are exceptions. I worked with 3 Polish balloons in Limerick in Ireland and they weren't worth a ****

Polish and any other nationality are all the same, you get good ones and you get total muppets, i've worked with Poles that you wouldn't trust to top out with a 2ft butt and i've worked with ones that showed me how to better do my job.

Like any other scaffs you keep an eye on them until you know if you can trust them not to get you ( or someone else ) killed, then you take it from there

As a Company we will not employ anyone that does not speak fluent English for a start, we have them ringing us all the time but even if we had positions any non UK citizen would be at the bottom of the list, the "Thought Police" (This Fu*king Usless, Spineless, soon to be Ex Goverment) will say it is racism or discrimination.... NO that is called looking after your fellow Countryman and subsequently our Homeland which is what THEY should have been doing all along instead of opening up our borders to all and sundry to plunder under the guise of the European Citizen Free Movement Agreement.

We were the only Country in Europe not to put quotas on migrant labour when some of the old Soviet States or Poor East European Countries joined the EU because the "All Knowing" Goverment forceast a "Trickle" of workers would take positions....Even the slowest kid in the slow class can do the maths on that one....You are earning the equivilent of £200 a Month as a Teacher in Latvia...come to the UK as a Street Cleaner and even on minimum wage you will earn £928 a month...Come on get your head screwed on!!!:mad::mad::mad:

The whole situation is the fault of this present Goverment who seem more pre-occupied with anything other than its own Citizens!!

Sorry...Red Mist Cleared...Rant Over

why not?

we have a polish scaff that works with us and i tell you mate hes some graffter, he can look at a side of a building and know exactly the right amout of gear for the job in the first 10secs

you obviously arent as staunch as yer name suggests or you wouldnt work with him at all.you know what i mean, any way can you tell me what system you are using.the original point that i was making was why bring someone in from another country to do something when there are people in this great country who can do it.
i was braught up with the saying WE ARE THE PEOPLE and i will live and die by that

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

if only there were more managers like you i wouldnt have had to go out on strike this time last year and then in the summer,over the use of foreign labour on the cream of our engineering construction sites.it is a battle that is still going on until the greedy bastards who rape this country for their own gain give in.the foreign labour is the reason that scaffolding jobs are posted on the jobcentreplus website for 11+ an hour that is tonight look for yourselves i kid you not

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

if only there were more managers like you i wouldnt have had to go out on strike this time last year and then in the summer,over the use of foreign labour on the cream of our engineering construction sites.it is a battle that is still going on until the greedy bastards who rape this country for their own gain give in.the foreign labour is the reason that scaffolding jobs are posted on the jobcentreplus website for 11+ an hour that is tonight look for yourselves i kid you not

Top Bottom