Work over christmas

Think fss thinks it's a joke.every scaff needs to boycott the agances.see how they like it.maybe then they'll realise what it's like.might get a better rate of pay a hr.lol..well maybe not.lol

Good morning all,

firstly I would like to say that we are here to supply labor to a clients that have requested it this is the business we are in. We also have family's to look out for and provide for. We have been made aware of the issues that are going on and we have let all the relevant people know the situation. All I can say is that ForeFront has put all the scaffolders best interests and well-being first. If people still no longer wish to go to this job I completely understand and we wish you all the best. However I do not agree with people calling other people scabs for trying to make a living and provide for there family's.
Sorry I disagree. Anyone who crosses an official picket line in an industrial dispute is a blackleg or scab, full stop! No two ways about this issue, I would sooner go without than ever lower myself to do such a thing. All the best to the boys still up there and good luck.

Good morning all,

firstly I would like to say that we are here to supply labor to a clients that have requested it this is the business we are in. We also have family's to look out for and provide for. We have been made aware of the issues that are going on and we have let all the relevant people know the situation. All I can say is that ForeFront has put all the scaffolders best interests and well-being first. If people still no longer wish to go to this job I completely understand and we wish you all the best. However I do not agree with people calling other people scabs for trying to make a living and provide for there family's.

What would you call some one who knowingly and whillingly works to line his pocket at the expence of others and to the detriment of other peaples familys I understand that you are fullfilling a role but please dont think we are thick by bringing familys in to it you dont care if peaples kids go bare foot just as long as you get your cut first

ffs we understand that you are providing a service but there are sometimes jobs and contracts that maybe you shouldnt bother taking on.
you are not new to this game and i dont think that the job will make or break you.you say you have made all the relevant people aware of the situation but the fact of the matter is YOU NEVER MADE THE MEN GOING UP AWARE.
I LIKE MOST ON HERE DID THINK YOUR COMPANY WAS A CUT ABOVE THE REST,AND AS EX SCAFFS CARED A WEE BIT MORE ABOUT THE GUYS MAKING YOU MONEY BUT OBVIOUSLY THOSE SENTIMENTS HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN IN YOUR QUEST TO MAKE MORE MONEY.:mad:
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR
TO THE LADS LAID OFF DUE TO THIS DISPUTE ALL THE BEST AND HOPE IT WORKS OUT BETTER FOR YOU IN THE NEW YEAR

ffs,unless you were not aware of the dispute going on in the shetlands to send men to a job that has industrial relations issues is totally out of order.For those men to arrive in Shetland unaware of whats going on on site would of been a nightmare,would ffs paid for the men who refused to work because of the dispute their travel back home I don't think so they would of been left in limbo up there and to make their own way home for xmas and out of pocket.Things like this is why agencies have such a bad name in scaffolding and cant be trusted because their attitude to men is "don't give a fu ck to make a fast buck simple as that.

Just in time for the agency lads! Are the two remaining tag men going to be working with the scabs (agency tag men) or will they black ball them..... We shall see.

Does anybody know if this is actually legal cauz a don't think it is a know this wouldn't be allowed on a neaci site

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

No tag men at all on site all payed of last 2 away Friday

Ffs

Ffs I am the same as most on here thought you was a better if the the best agency to work for it seemed you knew the industry well and how it works this incident has now changed my thinking and maybe many others after all we should all watch out for each other not now and then but all the time

Does anybody know if this is actually legal cauz a don't think it is a know this wouldn't be allowed on a neaci site

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

No tag men at all on site all payed of last 2 away Friday

Don't want to mention names but I heard that 2 have been kept on..
Also unite Union officials are onto BIS.

good morning all,

firstly i would like to say that we are here to supply labor to a clients that have requested it this is the business we are in. We also have family's to look out for and provide for. We have been made aware of the issues that are going on and we have let all the relevant people know the situation. All i can say is that forefront has put all the scaffolders best interests and well-being first. If people still no longer wish to go to this job i completely understand and we wish you all the best. However i do not agree with people calling other people scabs for trying to make a living and provide for there family's.

you horrible **** you have family to look our for this is just 1 of many jobs for you this was a lot of mens only job you ******* scabb **** **** rite off

Hello again fellow Forumers

I haven't been on here for a while, usually due to internet restrictions where I work. This is a very interesting subject/post, it is all over here and also facebook, I am very curious why such a major project has gone down the road of getting rid of such a large workforce and also the the supervision involved, there must be some serious issues for this to happen. Has anybody got any input to why it has gone this far.

The supervision and tag men were in dispute over travel allowance to and from site they took action by having overtime ban which meant all scaffs on site went down to 38 hours the company made them an offer they said no they made the same offer the next day same answer that was Friday Monday we were informed of pay offs.

Supervisors and inspectors in a union backed dispute went down to 38hr wk.
Due to some of them owed up to £6000 room share/travel money what all the other trades have been given and back dated.

They've have been fighting for this money for nearly a year to no avail!
The management have treated all involved like sh.it. 300 scaffs, supervisors and inspectors bumped, lads out of work for no reason other than they can't provide supervision the lads are fighting for what they're entitled too. Some are working their notice while agency lads are being inducted, to take there jobs.

Disgrace they waited for the men to go on Xmas leave to tell them, fu.cking piece of sh.it coward move, this will follow all involved.

Last edited:
This Appears To Be All Management Method Of Arbitration Nowadays, Do What We Say Or We Will Either Close The Plant Or Pay You Off, Either Way Its Just More Bullying From A Management That Cannot Engage The Workforce Without Being Confrontational, These People Really Have No Respect For The Workforce That Are Making There Profits. You Only Have To Look At Grangemouth Last Year For The Answer, But People Will Not Stand Together (Rob Mack) Hes Typical Of Some Of The Anti Trade Union Workforce I Have Met

Care to respond Forefront, or are you hoping this will all blow over during the festive period?

Care to respond Forefront, or are you hoping this will all blow over during the festive period?

What you dot realize stonedrose is that they are just a labour supplier and consequently

Good morning all,

This Appears To Be All Management Method Of Arbitration Nowadays, Do What We Say Or We Will Either Close The Plant Or Pay You Off, Either Way Its Just More Bullying From A Management That Cannot Engage The Workforce Without Being Confrontational, These People Really Have No Respect For The Workforce That Are Making There Profits. You Only Have To Look At Grangemouth Last Year For The Answer, But People Will Not Stand Together (Rob Mack) Hes Typical Of Some Of The Anti Trade Union Workforce I Have Met
Too true Gerscaff,,,, Right out of the Jim RATcliff school of necotiation tactics. !!!

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Probably too tied up doing inductions ....Ratbag .

I thought scaffolders were......like dogtanian and the 3 muskys......all for one and one for all....but no there's a bunch of scummy back stabbers willing to go up and continue as if fucck all is happening.....shame on you whoever you may be....i hope you dont sleep very well and they bump your wages.

Good luck to all the lads that are getting paid off, hope you find work asap.

Top Bottom