William Leane Scaffolding London

Also worked for Dangerous structure gang during the 70's with Dennis Treadaway.Used to drink in the Sellcote in Tooting.

Me and a pal worked for Billy. Always got on alright with him, until! The supervisor was someone lightly.
Worked on some tower blocks in East Ham, he had to get boards from SGB, only ones that would hire them too him!
He tried to knock us, so off we went to Fulham, the supervisor was sat outside sobbing, he hadn't been paid for a month!
As I went in yard a bloke was in there spraying all the "black" tube silver, to look like galv.
We went into the office and apparently Bill was out, I kicked in the door and he was sat behind the desk. I put my podger through his desk. He told me to come back in half hour and e would have cash. Half hour later Kitty I think had the money and didn't stop the tax either.
Met Mark on a few occasions, thought he was alright.
Before Bill went away apparently the tax man found, sheep and farming machinery put through his books.
We also took the last of his Leeds work down. A couple of houses and a bit in the city centre....

well you got paid ,more than i did,then i got a phone call from the yard forman (acting manager) to give him a price to take down a hanger at elland road football ground leeds ,so it was a bit ofa bad one ,i wanted about £1600 so i told him £3200 and half upfront didnt get it he said he got it put up for less.anyway the lads who striped it got stuffed ,no money,there were a lot who got stuffed in leeds

Top Bottom