Whats the best impact wrench?

Interested in a Milwaukee myself now.

I had the Makita, great bit of kit but I sold it last year.

The one problem I did have with mine was the locking pin was a spring pin and the socket would come off pretty regularly especially when stripping which was a right ball ache to be fair.

How does the socket lock on the Milwaukees??

Try makita btw251z it has a retaining pin so the socket is held in place a lot better

This has got a hole in the end where you put a pin through the spring pin ones tend to lose the sockets like you said

If you buy a Mikita socket it comes with a pin that goes through the socket and the square bit that the socket fits on I didn't no this at first until the socket started falling of.
You can fix this problem by putting a screw through the hole then put gaffer tape round the socket to hold the screw in place

I've heard a whisper , Hilti have offered them again in the last month , but at a raised price

No, one or two of the great uninitiated who lack understanding may have.

Most of them still allow it as long as its only used for nut running an use the spanner for final tightening , in reality it's never used like that

I hold mine on a bit longer, more so when you've got a **** of an agent trying to talk to you. as he goes to speak just put your finger on the trigger, he he its winds them up.

Just looked on ebay. found a milwakee heavy duty 18v iw for 370 quid with 2 battries and charger. has up to 610kn of torque. looks a good buy lads.

Its a little bit more but you get a 3yr warrenty with it when registered online. and over teice the torque.

You are like me scaffbhoy, 33 years on the spanner and a lot of milage.
The three proved ones are not cheap and be prepared to pay around 350 quid for one.
I use the Milwaukee.
Cheaper ones arent really worth it.

Interesting to know, any chance you know how much it weighs m8.
The Hilti is 1.3kg and Makita 1.4kg just makes a difference when carrying around all day on ur hip but the three year warrantys got me intruiged as hilti wont sell to scaffs anymore and Makita only have a one year warranty.
Cheers

Hilti sell to anyone , it's the lease agreement they won't do anymore to scaffolding company's , an they will still repair them , they only state that if the damage is from excessive overtightening that they will charge for repair

Hilti sell to anyone , it's the lease agreement they won't do anymore to scaffolding company's , an they will still repair them , they only state that if the damage is from excessive overtightening that they will charge for repair

SIW 14-A Cordless impact wrench with 2 x B 14/3.3 Batteries, C 4/36-90 Charger (230v), 13 mm Socket. Supplied in an impact-resistant plastic tool case. ***Lifetime service, 2 Years No Cost and Fleet Management will not be offered for this product when used on scaffolding applications***

Ah I see no fleet just service, another hilti for me then......or should I go Milwaukee??
Mmmm

We've bought half a dozen over the last 6 months , sent two back recently an they were repaired free of charge with no question , it was the old siw 144a models that were always going in for repair , the siw 14a's are pretty reliable

Are firm was recently granted a 36 month contract with the brand new hilti the smallest drill yet a battery would last more than a day erecting same place all day bristol is the plac to be

You wanna change that long nose socket m8 it puts too much strain on the anvil

Just watch ur fingers as they tend to bite

Top Bottom