Whats the best company you have worked for

big john eh.hes retired now. daveys rigging.did you meet terry galbraith;phil williams; nipper gibbons;harold jackson; to namebut a few .oh and i forgot big peter smith.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

drink has fogged the mind peterhead.

I met davey when he was rigging on peterhead power station,I remember Peter smith was a big man with a big drinking reputation.

Got to be Lyndons, David Dazzler as the gaffer,

When I worked for 'em there yard was in the chemical place by the blackwall tunnel, but they've moved it now. They do rail, Dangerous structures, civlls and underground. them and TONE used to have the monolopy on the all the rail and underground work, but everyone's into it now - hadleighs, trad, palmers. Johhny goodwin retired to cyprus and the firm went down hill after that. Shame cos it was a good firm. last job i done for em, was at Hammersmith hospital about 2 years ago. he was giving me £150 a day 8-4, then we were working 4 hours overtime and he was paying us another one and half, 4 days a week. the foreman was letting me go at 12 instead of three on a friday, i was coming out with £1100 a week for 52 hours, beliting it was. nearly cried when the job finsihed!lol

your right it was a good firm !! is that you tommy ?

Think little firms are the best, E +D from kentish town was a great firm all target and sinngle hand rails .£12 a square fully boarded £10.00 top lift !!
Tone was good in the early days until a prick called geordie came on as a supervisor, biggest lying c*** EVER ! and then others followed .
Millcroft was good money if you said yes to everything but so badly run !
so really couldnt add this under "one of the best" !!
Access out of the east was a great firm targert all the time if you wanted or not !
Ironic death of the MD ,rip Bobby Kearnes

Top Bottom