Whats the best company you have worked for

oxford scaffolding services ( chesterfield branch) , they went under in the early 90s best money i ever earned

oss wernt they absobed in to formscaff

SGB powerchem Stoke on Trent, worked all over the country, Stanlow,Radcliffe,Glaxo, followed by SGB special projects, Project drangon fly, Polyblock all over london, all gone now, BFT were a great firm with great scaffs who were a great laugh, the days shot by and the work was great. The one thing I have learned in my life on the tools is this "Nothing ever lasts forever" you really must take the best out of every job/firm/contract, try not to upset too many people and try not to burn too many bridges, doesn't pay to slag of other lads or campanies as you never know whats around the corner.

take it bft dont do any tube now then

No mate , it was all t&f then they got into Layher and the cassette roofs, we did some huge ones in Foundry lane and Epworth st .I left in 2003 I think to start for Palmers, they got into the powered access when all the decent blokes left because they didn't like erecting layer with a bunch of 17-18 year old kids, same old sketch the country over , 1 decent scaff 3 labourers.

yeh but you can make money like that , few firms like it down this way site bashing with system , all young lads and numptys with system tickets

Yea I can see that now, we have cuplock as well as T & F ,but from a scaffolder point of view and not a manager point of view, I would rather struggle on my own with T & f than have a bunch of kids to look after erecting system. From a manager's point of view system all day, 1 decent scaffs money to pay and then a load of trainees money to pay + the job get erected quicker.

True mate

We done HMP Bronzefield scaffold package bundles of it all in kstage and cuplock , needed 30 blokes on site everyday , made a killing only paid peanuts for half decent labourers bk in them days you could erect up to 5m on an induction which Mitie Generation done for us , was charging 15.00 per metre run up and down - needed constant supervision tho !

oss didnt go under they was taken over by formscaff then benchmark and they was a good outfit untill it became bmark

Millcroft....bunch of lying *****. Fucked me and some other forum members right over at grain CHP! You can tell Billy from me, think himself lucky I had a newborn or I'd have really made a mess of him but didn't need the 5-0 on my back for it!

Chelsea Scaffolding. Best scaffolding firm in London. (how about that rise, rick). I've always found that the small firms are the best. Been on here 11 years now. Been scaffolding for 40 years so worked for plenty of firms. Anglewest was the worst. Too cliquey. Alright if your a paddy

Last edited:
Proplant i believe that to be owned by jodie marsh dad

Millcroft....bunch of lying *****. Fucked me and some other forum members right over at grain CHP! You can tell Billy from me, think himself lucky I had a newborn or I'd have really made a mess of him but didn't need the 5-0 on my back for it!

Ya, Billy has become an a-grade prick of late... Daddy gives him a company and he thinks hes god.

Shame really, he used to be OK.

Millcroft are maybe the most cliquey company i have worked for, unless your a friend of a friend/related to someone, or some charlie-head who gets on the beer with the supervisors/owners, your pretty much fighting an up hill battle.

Proplant i believe that to be owned by jodie marsh dad

Ya mate, thats the one.
John Marsh his name is, but i believe hes taken more of a back seat now.

Best company I worked for was CBS which was part of Deborah services,the company was formed for the construction of the Sullom Voe Oil Terminal in Shetland.I was just a young lad & the money was great ,i have never met characters like I met up there again it was a one off.

It was a long time ago but I remember John Davenport & Davie Conville,I was also working there with SGB & there was a few geordies then as well.

Top Bottom