Unqualified erecting system ?

Do you? My boy's done it on their part 2.

no mate,your shown the tie being put in,you can put the ties in yourself,the pull test has to be done by an advanced or ticketed pull tester

no mate,your shown the tie being put in,you can put the ties in yourself,the pull test has to be done by an advanced or ticketed pull tester

My boy's are trained and ticketed Joe, I do it and am advanced but I have been through a few audits and the part 2 qualification lists the training and our insurers accept it.

well keep it quiet lol,specifically asked the question to 2 senior advanced instructors on my part 2 and a cou[ple of lads on here can back me up and they stated that only advanced and ticketed pull testers were allowed to do the pull test,if this is wrong im letting loose on training providers fuk legal action :mad:

Funny how it's always instructors that tell you you need the training, did they tell you you needed the advanced inspection ticket as well?;)

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Another thing, I am advanced and never been trained and am allowed to do it but the part 2 boys who have been trained aren't, seems another anomaly with our certification.

Joe, Im Not An Advanced Scaffolder But I Do The Pull Test, New One On Me Buddy.

The bird in the office can do the pull test if you can prove she's trained.

shocked me mate and to be honest some of the things they told me at simian i questioned at the time but got categorical answers,they stated that"advanced scaffolders and trained (assumed they meant a ticket for hydrojaws etc)people are only allowed to do the pull tests,as part 2 scaffolders you will not be qualified to do the pull test"

thats why i keep on asking the seemingly obvious questions,dont know what to trust anymore,think i need to buy the whole regs so i know for sure,coming back to this country so much has changed and common sense has been replaced by rules and regs,,,,the problem is the people teaching and making these rules up contradict each other all the time,,,,leaves my head kettled :wacko:

I agree Joe but things like that usually go un-noticed and then the insurers would use it as a get out clause should the worst happen. I quite like getting audit's from them, although when I think about it, it's been a while but if you tell them exactly what you are doing and how you achieve it there should be less chance of them wriggling out of any claim.

You may still even be right, I say the boy's are trained as it's listed as an element of training on their certificates for part 2, but you say the same for system, you get a bit of it when training but still does not allow you to build it, they call it a taster so it could well be the same for the pull test. It does beg the question, why bother going to the center's at all if that's the case?

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Mon Ian, I know you are dying to set us straight, what's the answer to both questions?

I was told that to do a pull test you must be trained for it,regardless of what ticket you have,which makes sense to me,considering that ties and the substrate that recieves them are what essentially keep the job up,and should any fail and an incedent occurs,the first thing the hse are going to ask for is the proofing on the ties,including the testers training cert,i never recieved any pull test training on the advance course,so how would i be qualified?you do a full module on this in the supervisers course,which gives you the training and ticket,i done mine with simian also,so there seems to be a conflict of information provided to joe and myself,so come on ian,clarify please:wondering:

Don't think he is in the mood BF.

I can see your point though but in all honesty how long would the course need to be to teach you how to use the tester? I know it's up there with one of the most important component part of the job but surely even this thick scaff can turn the dial to the required setting. (Which if I'm honest, I have to check what the required setting is.:embarrest:)

I was told that to do a pull test you must be trained for it,regardless of what ticket you have,which makes sense to me,considering that ties and the substrate that recieves them are what essentially keep the job up,and should any fail and an incedent occurs,the first thing the hse are going to ask for is the proofing on the ties,including the testers training cert,i never recieved any pull test training on the advance course,so how would i be qualified?you do a full module on this in the supervisers course,which gives you the training and ticket,i done mine with simian also,so there seems to be a conflict of information provided to joe and myself,so come on ian,clarify please:wondering:

The cisrs rules are now and have been in place for about a year.

Part one and two, demonstrate types of ties, drill and install.

Advanced and supervisor same again but pull test involved.

There is also a PowerPoint and exam written by cisrs. It's all changed with TG4:11

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Don't think he is in the mood BF.

I can see your point though but in all honesty how long would the course need to be to teach you how to use the tester? I know it's up there with one of the most important component part of the job but surely even this thick scaff can turn the dial to the required setting. (Which if I'm honest, I have to check what the required setting is.:embarrest:)

I could do 10 minutes on the tester talk at a push.

Ian

What about the part 2's with pull test on their certs Ian?

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

I could do 10 minutes on the tester talk at a push.

It's 10 minutes more than I could do:laugh::laugh:

So That Means I Cant Do The Pull Test Now, Even Though Iv Been Doing It For Years With No Problems, Also How Does That Effect System Cause Theres No Advanced System Card.

It will have been on there as it will have been completed, was this since last August?

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

They are better off than me I did my advanced in 96 and the instructor just held up a hilti and said this goes into the wall when you drill it, now let's move onto Scafftag

It will have been on there as it will have been completed, was this since last August?

If that was at me Ian yes. I would need to check for exact dates but he only qualified this year and has the element on his certificate. I'm advanced with nothing.

I think the element is on all certs without referring back to one, my pull test training was 20 mins from hydrajaws, that's it and I have given that cert in for years at site when I've done pull tests. Every piece of paper does not need cisrs on for pull testing we do courses for clients all over the country, hilti do, hydrajaws normally train you if you buy one.

In the centre though we work to cisrs when on their courses. AOM ask your boys how many ties they drilled on their course and start a new thread as this is a different thread.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

So That Means I Cant Do The Pull Test Now, Even Though Iv Been Doing It For Years With No Problems, Also How Does That Effect System Cause Theres No Advanced System Card.

I don't write the scheme and I agree no advanced system training does not help you.

I already know the answer to that one, not one. I also know how long they spent on the tester, about the same time it takes to smoke a fag, the temp roof is a joke and the saddles are pathetic but don't start me. In reality, I do all their training myself and only give them the jobs I think they can handle, they only go to Glasgow to appease other's.

Top Bottom