Unqualified erecting system ?

haha, just not on the same wave length tonight.:embarrest:

haha, maybe this will make more sense the morra then.:laugh:

did on the irish thread,fuk me you know when ur old fella tells u to learn keep ur mouth shut,,,,,,,,:D

worst thing fred was i was more pised at the queen,im not religious,political or anything but had a shitload of g and t in me and thought i was mo mowlam,let myself down but its just another learning process,,,,,,too much time and access to a laptop lol;)

Its an open forum mate,freedom of speech an all that,funny sitting on the outside,it was like a tennis match,strong points from all parties.Talk about sitting on the fence.

does this incorporate ties or any tube work do you know,i know you dont need ties at that heaight but it is good practise !

Scaffold should be tied second lift/4 metres? Should be covered on any scaffolding course surely? How do they teach bracing? Most system ends up being tied and braced with t&f. And what about a loading bay, all sounds a bit suspect to me.

Just spoke to cisrs they say its down to company/site discretion so its as clear as mud

Refer To Manufacturers Guidelines, For Sway Bracing Every Four Bays, No Ledger To Ledger Bracing (It Would Restrict Access) Ties Are Apollos Or Hilti Ringbolts. Its Not Rocket Science Chaps, Its System Scaffold.

Joe You Catch Both Standards When Using Apollo Ties, Dont Just Tie The Inside Leg The HSE Are Really Big On That With System Scaffolds.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Oh PS, Never Ever Tie Off A Ledger Cause They Can And Frequently Do Pop, Always Tie Both Standards.

yes put 120 in a hotel in liverpool,always go off standards on system when possible mate but my point is whos teaching these blokes to put ties in,on a 2 day course for system at upto 6 m in height it needs to be tied,also valid points on loading bays etc,if im not allowed to touch system im not trained on surely these two day system blokes cant touch tube,thus making their cards redundant !

they will proberly tell you that its site/company specific

Joe If Someone Has A Two Day System Card, He/She Or It Are Not Scaffolders The Purpose Of The Two Day Card Is To Allow Brickies Labourers To Do Hop-Up Moves Thats All. Same As The Five Day Base Card Thats To Allow Plumbers And Painters And Roof Slaters To Erect Up To Six Meters (A Two Storey House )There Own Roof Edge Protection, It Must NEVER Be Used For Any Other Trade (Ie General Purpose Etc) And Must Never Be Used As A CISRS Carded Scaffolder.

Scaffold should be tied second lift/4 metres? Should be covered on any scaffolding course surely? How do they teach bracing? Most system ends up being tied and braced with t&f. And what about a loading bay, all sounds a bit suspect to me.

Again, all down to the training, no t&f in any of the structures we built including the loading bay, we did brace something can't remember what it was but I think it was just an independent to give us a feel for fittings.:laugh:Shaksmaheid

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

i know gerscaff but a 6m job needs ties,who does them mate ?

You can do it as you need a minimum cisrs part 1 to do a system product course.

Thats Covered In The Base Course Joe. Its Either Rakers Or A Punch Or A Tie.Its Up To The Individual.

Top Bottom