Truss out help for apprentice.

STEVIE KNIGHT

Reaction score
Hi I am 17 and is going to do my part 2 in a months time , If anyone has a picture of the truss out erected on a part 2 it would be a great help to me as I could study it and have a rough idea of what to expect. If any one else has any tips for me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Ffs shouldnt even av a set of spanners at that age let alone wanting a trussout drwg

:D right name ...wrong era lol....seriously though 17 wiv a ticket to rule the world ffs this game really is fcukd

I knew a 17 yr old that was advanced!!!!!! It's about 10/11 years ago he done the route where as a 15 year old you stay a bircham Newton for about 6months on and off for 2 years and so forth couldn't believe it poor sod he only looked 13 :laugh:

I have the CISRS drawing off a truss out as used at Bircham but the file's too big to post, pm your email and I'll send it to you.

Last edited:
They let 18 year olds have a class 1 licence these days but you wouldn't let him loose on spaghetti junction with a 40 foot trailer on.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Here you go Stevie, good luck .

Naw, here you go. :laugh:

Thanks for your help. To everyone who thinks I am incapable. My grandad was steve knight and my dad Rob was also a scaffolder until he passed away when I was little. I decided to carry on the family tradition and become a scaffolder myself much to my mums dismay as I left school with strait a's. I have been Labouring nearly two years as im nearly 18.

Thanks for your help. To everyone who thinks I am incapable. My grandad was steve knight and my dad Rob was also a scaffolder until he passed away when I was little. I decided to carry on the family tradition and become a scaffolder myself much to my mums dismay as I left school with strait a's. I have been Labouring nearly two years as im nearly 18.

a very good background stevie shame ur toooooooooo qualified to be a scaffolder most of us left school with a black eye and thats it lol na my mate lost his dad when he was 7days old he was a scaffolder (fell off) now my mates a scaffolder and much like ur dear old mum i couldnt believe he was scaffolding after he told me that but in fairness hes turned out very nicely and has a very good future in front of him, hope things work out for ya mate welcome to the forum any questions there lots on im sure will help;)

Your grandads a legend round the northwest mate, a few lads I know went to his funeral my condolences, I know you will make it on your own but with a name and family like yours a grand a weeks only round the corner....stick with it and do him proud ;)

o and to anyone who has used an S K.......his grandad invented it !

you do whatever you want to kid , make your own mistakes not anybody elses , take your time and lean how to handle the materials and best of luck to ya ;]

didnt know that joe i thought gravlock was the proper name for it must have been sgb (as thats the only place that call it gravlock) trying to claim its theres or something great fitting i love coming off steel ;)

Gravlocks a more updated and different fitting bob, sure someone will put a pic up, if I was young stevie id have it as my avatar ;)

Cant say I have phil bit a pic might jog my memory, working with a great geordie lad at the mo but his words and my understanding are light years apart ;)

Top Bottom