Training

I hope your meeting went well... Been thinking Why cant the employer have a responcibility towards there employees. If the lad isnt good enough say for 5 basic scaffolds that he or she cant put up with an advanced scaffolder over seeing the lad to put the job up on his own and there then sent away with a competent lad with a brain instead of this essesment route, were they come to site see you work and then ask you some questions only telling you the answers b4 they vidio evedence you so they get there money and you release a dum **** on the streets with a ticket and no idea how to do there job we have all meet them.Though we all should be ticketed and know wat were doing by law. with out that lad or lady coming back and not being abel to do the job no ticket though if an advanced ticket holder puts his name to a chap to be compitant to train maybe the trainers would take be abel to teach and have more pride in his work other than talking about i was i did rubbish. Then we can either see an emprovement in the training of the lad or are we waisting time and money sending working staff away as a dum .uck and he comes back still a dum.ucker with a ticket asking for a pay rise...Its a mind feid though it needs going through. As it is there are lads out there working with out tickets and tickets which they are saying are not valied hay NASC listen there are scaffolders out there with advanced tickets who can do the job Sid Who worked here and mate now works for DEB services only because there NASC and half to have serten amont of staff on the books with tickets though NASC needs to wake up to as what has been said the training is a holiday scaffolding to is a trade and somthing were training isnt working my 12 year old can pass part 0ne and have a good go at passing part two and like everyone who has sat in a room taking the written test she would pass that as well its **** training needs sorting out which should give a better standard and better employee. Were on return from getting his ticket after completing his course that day only if hes good enough ticket is issued not having to wait 6 mounths as well for the i will give you the answeres and then i will film you and you tell me the answeres all i can say NASC and HSE THIS TICKET IS WORTH JACK SH!T exsperance and a brain not a muppet and a ticket.....

We are looking into this. More involvement from the employer. Mentor systems & longer time between courses. More experiance led evidence.

Hi Ragstaff i agree though employers should should be protected as well as the employee.I have the employee who came from a firm down this way who every one calls lucky death and they dont spend money on traing or good gear its a bang up and run firm.When this lad came to us we have put him through part 1 and his so called part 2 essesment is today we have invested in to putting him through his ticket at a cost of Time and money. Employers have no rights compeared to the employee thoiugh if the company pays and trains to this standard the company should have a time value on the qualifications gained at work,so when the ticket is issued say the ticket goes to the company after who spent the time and money,and have a hold over the ticket for a period of time and if a broken contract eg, The employee wants to black mail you into more money which has just happened here.Its got to be in a fair way we as a company feel you get your good men you train them and then they turn into TURDS its rainning **** forgot syemdrone. They never forgot wen they never had a ticket though soon as the company has paid out the wadges training and over nights and lodgings and travel twice there and back.. In they come i passed i want more money. Pass wat the course can be passed by someone with no knoladge with a year under someone who has spent the time with the employee lets face it at preasant time the movment of scaffolders has some what dwindelled because the work has slowed up when its back the employees are gone for an extra .50p per hour for a firm they have no quarrels with except the .50p pay rise were they forget were and who helped them with there training and you exspect to get a return on your investment. I know your going to get the employee who wants to go because its unfair its **** i dont want to controbute to travel money i can get a job closer to home for more money now. Soon no one will want to train. AND now with the employers controbutians to the retirment of your employees as employers they should be protected from lets face it the unfairness of rouge companys poaching staff and fu..ing staff wanting more because they got a ticket a 16 year old can pass and they 16 year old could do a better job.

I agree on some level with what you are saying.

I also think that if you as an employer thinks that a lad is good enough to send on his courses (regardless of whether the courses are crap and just lining peoples pockets) then you shouldn't really have a problem with paying him that little bit more on his return. I know your bloods probably boiling at this point ( i would be if i had to pay lads wages) but, if you have good lads who are willing to work for the firm and can dothe jobs right its worth paying that little bit more to keep the quality lads as (if you feel they deserve to do their cards) they are worth it.

I think its a case of trying to get or lucky getting good quality lads who wont try to screw you over but turn in every day and do a good amount of work, if they can make an employer money every week, week in week out with no comebacks surely they deserve that little bit more. Its like when you go to uni and qualify you get more money then when you have served your 6 years as assistant you become chartered and get more money!

Thats my opinion and i know people wont like it< good lads are worth keeping and good lads wont screw you they know its swings and roundabouts.

Hi Tom p, Mate its not the looking after the men who we send on tickets its the men wen they come back here i will give you somthing to think about.Because i dont think you work in scaffolding by your reply or even employee the type of employee as a scaffolder if you did you would under stand. we do look after the men and i am a man of my word though tell me wat you think? For my area i pay the highest rates and no man is on the same even if hes a part one or a part two so your paid wat your worth i think thats fair and makes men more eger to produce an exceptable work rate. Lets call him Darren,Now darren came to us having been in the scaffolding industry for 5 years working before hand with a company who has not trained any one and are a throw up and running away.He came to us and i promissed him i would put him through his ticket{im a **** wont be doing that again} anyway after a year with us we had a dissision does the company grow and train up are work force.We decided to put through two lads of which two have done there part one and one has done his part two and passed there is no complant there though his wagdges and rate of work is good for this area. Any way darren has done his part one then it started every week we would have darren off one day for sure as we give transport to and from work we would be a veichical down most times. mmm.. so call him in have a chat nothing changed,his date for his part 2 came through, ye ha he wasnt good enough and still isnt good enough though we thought we could get this lad to turn up for work and its a year away b4 he will go away cool,had a chat and yep it worked every mounth with out fail we were left with out a working veichal. mmm.. his work was the same go back put it right if you wanted to paint your house his lift hights would be wronge and when asked why he didnt do the lift hight shown on the photo, with every thing marked and plan to see on the photo and job sheet given. a 15 year old would understand this, the first time he would throw his dummy out of the pram. after a phew jobs of the company paying to put his mistakes right he was sent back with a laboure and he would not get paid,,,There is only a certon amount of money in a job and as all employees think deaisel is free. Every time he did a job mate darren would say, im ill i wont be in tomorrow or a girl freind would phone in hes realy ill ect ect wat can an employer do???? and and still a man of my word we send this employee away paid the lot.well soon as he passes his training hes in pay asking for his pay rise. now darren it would be fair to say his wadges would of gone to whats he is worth though still not abel to be trusted with out thinking what to put him on we sat back and said we need your attendance to be a bit better work rate bla blaa well friday 25th june was a £2 a day fuel charge was introduce darrens bill is over two hundred. his attatude was about time i look for another job....
Wat an employee now we have released a part two sighned off who cant do his job who will find emploment by a white van mob who dont train up there own staff is it worth sending and training men ? We half too have trained men to put up work this bit of none trained staff and its to far and they dont want to be away from the kids is a poor exscuse were people who have been trained and looked after go with these companys becase they need trained men and the employee knows theres jack sh1t all, you can do about it sack them your in the sh1t and chat to them they wont come in this is the industry were you employee attatude dregs and if your realy lucky you might find two out of 10 men who are good at there job and abel to talk with out swearing and abel to talk not about football and they dont look at the pictures in the sun ive been scaffolding now over 15 years and its getting no better. im dislexit so sorry about me spelling. Though mate it still hasnt stopped me thinking and whishing, is there staff out there who werent in the reameadel class at school.Is there staff out there who want to earn up to £15 per hour and are worth it and willing to prove it is there staff out there who do a days work is there staff out there who dont need mummying ask most employers in this game mate wats there biggest moan and it would be staff ask most employees they would say employer mmm sit them down together and it would be fair to say 80% is employee the 20% of employers shouldnt employ. we here beleave in being fair honest and listen to the employee though the employee can pick up and f.ck off at any time becase they got more rights than the employer and dont they know it. Employers do need protecting when they have invested in training from the white van firms,we will be advertising for men and will treat them very well and pay good money to wat there worth not wat they think there worth its being fair and all i can see in this industry its very one sided to the employee half wit who has spent all his money over the week end and thinks that its clever to be skint then moan i have no money then look at the boss who starts at 0600hrs and still at it most nights till 1930 hrs. ow sorry 6 in the morning wen its dark and 7.30 in the eavening. wen its dark and there home still reading the sun.. i love the job its just the knobs in it and attatude of the hard man, who given a bit a rain turns into a turd and baby...and thinks there the bees knees. If there is one thing employers need who do train there staff is to look after there men its one thing the employee can do is on there ticket gained by there company who sent them to better there wadges and working skills is have some respect in this game mate theres no such thing.so for the employee your held to ransom after your out lay were you should get a return. so a ticket gained by the training of your staff should have a value to the company dont you think ? Put it employee turms mate you dont let your mate look at the pictures in the sun with out looking at them all day first would you ?
F.ck there would be hand bags at dawn if you tried looking at the pictures b4 they Do.
Its a big thing i know companys who wont train though will poach ticketed men even if they cant do the job becase fred with out the ticket can put the job up.
I would like to see a training of men with in one year they should be taken away and trained one week say manuale handeling and first aid fork lift maybe hse under standing site safty and get a ticket for the company who sent them there saying they have passed and understand they dont **** in there mates bag and its wronge to crap in somones garden. Even a more basic one is teaching about electric power lines and the safe distance and wat to look for wen on site in stead of the exsamaner sitting and talking how good a skiver he and his mate was on a job he did b4 hse and NASC tried re writting the bibel were us as employers are not getting the right training from who they elect to train the morons in this industry eg no that glove wont fit on that hand try the other weve had them honest if somone is reading this for you bill hope re hab helped you mate and that cat thing mate your sick. sorry way laid look at our industry were govened by hse also NASC telling us how to do the job how do they govern it. If theres an accident then the hse has got to do somthing about it. is that right they exspect us to train or staff so some other **** can go here mate you got a part two now come with me. Even as an advanced scaffolder im still learning and have the rest of my days learning honest that ticket was a doddel though i dont read the sun and dont live home with mummy and dont give two poos about rain..
NASC firms must have a percentadge of there staff trained i know companys who send men away for a part one as soon as they can weather they know anything about our trade. does this mean they know all about and can do a basic job ? It needs sorting wen i done my part one 14 years ago there were lads on there who couldnt tie a not. i done my advanced and there were guys there who would do a punchone up the gate facing up.You know an advanced course and these chaps new f.ck all and guess wat they had high marks in there exsams were every one me in cluded asked each other a question mine was the date and how long will we be kept here at this **** training place were every one passes ecept i thought the guy who walked out on the first day didnt get it. I think he went to buy the sun and couldnt find his way back.. Training is a joke and letting the cow boys out there with no training obligations or trained men poach are staff who lets face it after doing these so called part one and part two still need to be trained and need a term of employment with the company to be sighned off by the company then it would be fair for them to leave and not be poached by a lucky rise company cow boys who dont train there staff who read the sun thats all im saying.And one thing if we got staff who are worth keeping i dont know any employer who would not sit at the tabel and discuse and iron out terms were in this industry and only this industry the employee isnt as cleaver as that were the dregs of the building industry mate ask any site manadger ask any employer 40% is dealing with customers 60% is man power and its a shame... to think like this though being in the seat being answerbal to everything thats wat i see. Have a good day ive got to go and get the sun joke

I love Fridays

Don,t take this the wrong way mate :love:

but can you please break down your posts into paragraphs
(press your "enter/return" key to create spaces)

after a few lines of reading, my eyes are away with the fairies.:sad:

I do enjoy reading your posts and can relate to most of them

a up rigger mate do you know wat dislexit is ? sorry i realy do try to make a sentence and its anoying to me that i cant spell write or realise there should be a full stop commer. are you saying i should read the sun paper. it is anoying. to me flip. you should here me reading out aload. funny though i find it no problem. sorry for your eyes mate ............ i cant help it . i look at words and sentences different

Please accept my heartfelt apologies,

I missed the most obvious reason why you post as you do :eek:

I will continue to read your post,s with a more positive attitude and respect, knowing the hurdles you must have overcome to be posting on the Forum at all,

Well done mate

Best Regards Rigger

A up rigger. you will laph. i just had to write a letter to me ex missus mate. I see wat you mean me wife just laphed.and said she knows how you feel.

hey i love fridays, i do get what your saying when you put it like that, i know clients want bodies on sites.

From what you describe Darren is an idiot, i wouldnt want him working for me if i had a firm thats for sure, you need to know were your upto then you can your work!

Ive been a scaffolder for 14 years now and i have only worked at a handful of firms, i have never worked at a firm for less than 4 years and have turned in everyday and quite alot of Saturdays and the odd few Sundays as well as overtime. like the idiot i am when my wife had our little boy i was supposed to have two weeks off on paternity, what happens, my boss rings me im desperate evryones let me down so i go back a week early and what do i get for it? Thanks, nope! ok i get my wage but a little bit of thanks go along way!

My manager rung me up today and said at 12.00 can you work tomoz, i need this job doing, now im going in to sort it out and he cant even tell me how much im going to get paid and im going to be doing four hours driving ontop of the jobs!

i love the job but my basic rate is £66 a day and when my manager cant give me the correct information on the job means i cant make the money on price so im gettin my basic which sucks, but he doesnt care cos he still gets his jeep and 40k a year!

some lads are good some arnt i dont hink im a bad scaffolder and i know i put the work in, but this guys treats me like im an idiot! Maybe i am for working there!

Hi Tom p, Mate its not the looking after the men who we send on tickets its the men wen they come back here i will give you somthing to think about.Because i dont think you work in scaffolding by your reply or even employee the type of employee as a scaffolder if you did you would under stand. we do look after the men and i am a man of my word though tell me wat you think? For my area i pay the highest rates and no man is on the same even if hes a part one or a part two so your paid wat your worth i think thats fair and makes men more eger to produce an exceptable work rate. Lets call him Darren,Now darren came to us having been in the scaffolding industry for 5 years working before hand with a company who has not trained any one and are a throw up and running away.He came to us and i promissed him i would put him through his ticket{im a **** wont be doing that again} anyway after a year with us we had a dissision does the company grow and train up are work force.We decided to put through two lads of which two have done there part one and one has done his part two and passed there is no complant there though his wagdges and rate of work is good for this area. Any way darren has done his part one then it started every week we would have darren off one day for sure as we give transport to and from work we would be a veichical down most times. mmm.. so call him in have a chat nothing changed,his date for his part 2 came through, ye ha he wasnt good enough and still isnt good enough though we thought we could get this lad to turn up for work and its a year away b4 he will go away cool,had a chat and yep it worked every mounth with out fail we were left with out a working veichal. mmm.. his work was the same go back put it right if you wanted to paint your house his lift hights would be wronge and when asked why he didnt do the lift hight shown on the photo, with every thing marked and plan to see on the photo and job sheet given. a 15 year old would understand this, the first time he would throw his dummy out of the pram. after a phew jobs of the company paying to put his mistakes right he was sent back with a laboure and he would not get paid,,,There is only a certon amount of money in a job and as all employees think deaisel is free. Every time he did a job mate darren would say, im ill i wont be in tomorrow or a girl freind would phone in hes realy ill ect ect wat can an employer do???? and and still a man of my word we send this employee away paid the lot.well soon as he passes his training hes in pay asking for his pay rise. now darren it would be fair to say his wadges would of gone to whats he is worth though still not abel to be trusted with out thinking what to put him on we sat back and said we need your attendance to be a bit better work rate bla blaa well friday 25th june was a £2 a day fuel charge was introduce darrens bill is over two hundred. his attatude was about time i look for another job....
Wat an employee now we have released a part two sighned off who cant do his job who will find emploment by a white van mob who dont train up there own staff is it worth sending and training men ? We half too have trained men to put up work this bit of none trained staff and its to far and they dont want to be away from the kids is a poor exscuse were people who have been trained and looked after go with these companys becase they need trained men and the employee knows theres jack sh1t all, you can do about it sack them your in the sh1t and chat to them they wont come in this is the industry were you employee attatude dregs and if your realy lucky you might find two out of 10 men who are good at there job and abel to talk with out swearing and abel to talk not about football and they dont look at the pictures in the sun ive been scaffolding now over 15 years and its getting no better. im dislexit so sorry about me spelling. Though mate it still hasnt stopped me thinking and whishing, is there staff out there who werent in the reameadel class at school.Is there staff out there who want to earn up to £15 per hour and are worth it and willing to prove it is there staff out there who do a days work is there staff out there who dont need mummying ask most employers in this game mate wats there biggest moan and it would be staff ask most employees they would say employer mmm sit them down together and it would be fair to say 80% is employee the 20% of employers shouldnt employ. we here beleave in being fair honest and listen to the employee though the employee can pick up and f.ck off at any time becase they got more rights than the employer and dont they know it. Employers do need protecting when they have invested in training from the white van firms,we will be advertising for men and will treat them very well and pay good money to wat there worth not wat they think there worth its being fair and all i can see in this industry its very one sided to the employee half wit who has spent all his money over the week end and thinks that its clever to be skint then moan i have no money then look at the boss who starts at 0600hrs and still at it most nights till 1930 hrs. ow sorry 6 in the morning wen its dark and 7.30 in the eavening. wen its dark and there home still reading the sun.. i love the job its just the knobs in it and attatude of the hard man, who given a bit a rain turns into a turd and baby...and thinks there the bees knees. If there is one thing employers need who do train there staff is to look after there men its one thing the employee can do is on there ticket gained by there company who sent them to better there wadges and working skills is have some respect in this game mate theres no such thing.so for the employee your held to ransom after your out lay were you should get a return. so a ticket gained by the training of your staff should have a value to the company dont you think ? Put it employee turms mate you dont let your mate look at the pictures in the sun with out looking at them all day first would you ?
F.ck there would be hand bags at dawn if you tried looking at the pictures b4 they Do.
Its a big thing i know companys who wont train though will poach ticketed men even if they cant do the job becase fred with out the ticket can put the job up.
I would like to see a training of men with in one year they should be taken away and trained one week say manuale handeling and first aid fork lift maybe hse under standing site safty and get a ticket for the company who sent them there saying they have passed and understand they dont **** in there mates bag and its wronge to crap in somones garden. Even a more basic one is teaching about electric power lines and the safe distance and wat to look for wen on site in stead of the exsamaner sitting and talking how good a skiver he and his mate was on a job he did b4 hse and NASC tried re writting the bibel were us as employers are not getting the right training from who they elect to train the morons in this industry eg no that glove wont fit on that hand try the other weve had them honest if somone is reading this for you bill hope re hab helped you mate and that cat thing mate your sick. sorry way laid look at our industry were govened by hse also NASC telling us how to do the job how do they govern it. If theres an accident then the hse has got to do somthing about it. is that right they exspect us to train or staff so some other **** can go here mate you got a part two now come with me. Even as an advanced scaffolder im still learning and have the rest of my days learning honest that ticket was a doddel though i dont read the sun and dont live home with mummy and dont give two poos about rain..
NASC firms must have a percentadge of there staff trained i know companys who send men away for a part one as soon as they can weather they know anything about our trade. does this mean they know all about and can do a basic job ? It needs sorting wen i done my part one 14 years ago there were lads on there who couldnt tie a not. i done my advanced and there were guys there who would do a punchone up the gate facing up.You know an advanced course and these chaps new f.ck all and guess wat they had high marks in there exsams were every one me in cluded asked each other a question mine was the date and how long will we be kept here at this **** training place were every one passes ecept i thought the guy who walked out on the first day didnt get it. I think he went to buy the sun and couldnt find his way back.. Training is a joke and letting the cow boys out there with no training obligations or trained men poach are staff who lets face it after doing these so called part one and part two still need to be trained and need a term of employment with the company to be sighned off by the company then it would be fair for them to leave and not be poached by a lucky rise company cow boys who dont train there staff who read the sun thats all im saying.And one thing if we got staff who are worth keeping i dont know any employer who would not sit at the tabel and discuse and iron out terms were in this industry and only this industry the employee isnt as cleaver as that were the dregs of the building industry mate ask any site manadger ask any employer 40% is dealing with customers 60% is man power and its a shame... to think like this though being in the seat being answerbal to everything thats wat i see. Have a good day ive got to go and get the sun joke

Proper rant that one mate!

I'll print it off and read it when I go for a dump.

You been on the nose candy? :suspicious:

Tom p. mate my veiws as i said b4 if my employees had your attatude. well it would make life easyer here. if these lot work a saturday they get a days pay and 50 in the pocket its fair but by heck they work harder on saturdays to get home. well if your ever down this way we would try you out if your a part 2 and can drive 7 and a half lorry ton. you start off at £9.50 hour and if your putting it away mate theres more to earn. but these bunch of darrens will bring any firm down even in manadgment by wat you just said. I would phone up and say wats the pay mate its only fair. have a good wekend mate..

ha ha! love it! Ive got my part 2, im booked on my advanced for March 14, ive got a supervisors course early next year and ive got my IOSH managing safely booked in for this Nov i can drive a 7.5 ton wagon and i might do my class 2 in the middle of next year! Im thinking of doing the Nebosh general cert next year if poss aswell!

ive worked mainly domestic but have been on quite big industrial and commercial jobs but im back house bashing which is boring! I worked at a firm for 4 and a half years for £600 a week for ten hour days and i got a van all diesel paid for, was promised my part 2 didnt get it from them, i paid for myself they wanted quantity jobs not quality jobs, i dont like that, i like to see a nice tidy job!

id love to work for a firm like Lyndons, the firm im at i think has the possibility of being a really good firm with a bit of the right management!

hey ho you never know i might win the lottery then i wouldnt have to worry about paying the mortgage, but still love the job you just need the right gang!

Have a good weekend bud!

what about 1 week`s training and 1 week assessment - after been observed on site ?

too simple outwardbound you and my self got more chance winning the loto every week for a year.

the training in our industry has gone from bad to ***** as it has been said further up this thread how can you have lads strait off the street and in 18 months be a part 2 at least with the assessed route of entry you had to prove 5 years of site experience to do your part 2 over 2 wekkends and as for the advanced course its a waste of time you do more on the part 2 course.! I did my supervisor card last year and have to say its the same did it over 5 weeks one day a week and to be honest i didnt rate it ........ i did 5 years as a labourer did my part 2 A.R.E over 2 weekends then 5 years and did my advanced A.R.E and got to say by the time i got my advanced card i felt confident enough to say i can do any job you throw at me...... try that with a 19 years old advanced scaff (ive met a few) who struggle to base out properly on there own.!!!!! all training firms do is push everyone through there courses so the get paid especially the goverment funded schemes where the funding is only relesed when the candidate passes ....

manchesterscaff i dont need to write anything now your spot on mate.not knocking the lads,its the schemes.5-6years in they standing in front of you a foreman hahahahahahah lol,twenty mins later youv found them out to be of basic standard ie independant,tower or kit houses men.st fergus shell site has a brickie a airportt baggage handler and a bus driver handeling a rejuvination project,sullom voe is going to have a school bys driver overseeing 200 scaffs in a new build project how have we came to this???????????schemes handing out cards willy nilly,cant be stopped now so we all suffer with inadequate people in important positions.

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

ps names and identities have been kept secret to protect the innocent lol.as a said it aint the operatives in questions fault.

my supervisor was a tescos security guard . so was his wife . he cant scaffold but god can he suck gaffers c*cks . leave the scaffolding to the scaffolders and the c*ck sucking to the spineless wonders

finer there is a groundswell building against these neferiouse characters such as our mr hughes,i say theve had their day[and dollar]its time industry people were brought in for the industry,the trainning centres are laughable until you discover the costs.yes i agree the fools running our industry are ruining it.its time for change,change for the better,they had their chance to redeem themselves somewhat with eictb card scandle by accrediting them boys with citb cards,but in their refusal to do this everyone has witnessed their greed.

finer there is a groundswell building against these neferiouse characters such as our mr hughes,i say theve had their day[and dollar]its time industry people were brought in for the industry,the trainning centres are laughable until you discover the costs.yes i agree the fools running our industry are ruining it.its time for change,change for the better,they had their chance to redeem themselves somewhat with eictb card scandle by accrediting them boys with citb cards,but in their refusal to do this everyone has witnessed their greed.

couldnt put it beter myself celticbohoy just cause the ecitb issue has gone quite its just beginning not every thing can be put on the forum due to leagal
reasons and yes what a bloody scandle ive got to do my cscs as its exspired
ive been reading through the book what a load of codswallop do people think were stupid i had harder questions at nursery school.

Top Bottom