To be a C@nt or not to be a C@nt. That is the question?

Lol Fook me they will **** a brick and have whole scaffolders forum coming down on em.
The thing is I'm off on hols friday night so gives me 2 days to get it down and we got a fair bit on or leave it for my fella who running firm to sort it out whilst I'm away and he will have enough on his plate. So do I kick a stink up thurs or Fri then Fook off on hols for 2 weeks. Or let sleeping dogs lie let them finish roof and just strip it after.

Refer to my previous two statements.....stay the course comrade !

Do the right thing, get ****** over, be nice, forgotten in moments:sick:

let me and marra strip it in animal onesys to teach jo public not to fuk with the spannermen and you will be a legend in your own lifetime my friend, mentioned in pubs bar mitsvas and divorce proceedings across the length and bredth of this fine country....

Be a Rockstar not a Groupie :D

You are right! What was I thinking these people need to be taught a lesson.
Phew I nearly went all cool calm and collective then. I need to get back to the old me and will teach them the sweet taste of a butt end at arms length.

Near Gillibrands just near tesco
Cant remember name of the road

Near Gillibrands just near tesco
Cant remember name of the road

ow hungry hill as i all it all ticked up to the eye balls lol . am at the other end of it near eves green lol stripp the fuker what your firm?

Have some fun with it Dandaps, DONT strip it all just take off the the top lift of boards and handrails. Then you can re-negotiate and then sting them. No other decent firm will put there scaff on yours and they cant put anything up because you still have part of yours there. Also pop round and as marra says tell the roofer he IS NOT insured.
On another note what other scaff company would put up a job when there is scaff already there on the same house. W@nk@Rs

Bugger thats whats wrong........ we are too nice down yer, (south west)

Abstract scaffolding Marra.
Other firm all green paint and I've an idea who it is Exactly what I thought why the **** would another firm do it.
Plus it's not even a big job really it's just the principal that I've had that gear tied up for nearly 10 weeks and bought new boards and tube.

If the bricky has off hired it cos he has finished, @@@@ it take it down.
If he hasnt did you give him a written quote with the initial hire period (8 Wks) and the extra hire per wk thereafter? If not why not, (ha ha.)
If so stop being sooo nice and charge him the extra hire,

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

in london spanner we have to know how to say fook off in 20 different languages lol

Fecking hilarios thanks for making me giggle, we only have two languages down yer, one for the lads (get f@@@@@D) and one for the missus (yes dear)

I suspect your a nice c@nt at heart dandaps or you wouldnt be wrestling with your concience and scaff would already be down. pak all yer trubbles in yur old kit bag send those 2 nasty c@nts joe and marra to do the dead and have a luvly holiday:cool:

We have done a job for a customer (brickie) on a large extension progressive lifts etc. Now when we did the job we was later informed that the other side of the house needs doing as the home owner is going to put a roof on the whole house rather than the just the extension. We measured up the other side and said we will get a price for them. Any way week and half later after we put our last lift on and roof trusses go on I've just drove past and low and behold another firms been and put the otherside up. I hadn't even given the homeowner our price as they weren't ready for the roof at that point. So I give the homeowner a little knock on the door and ask if the brickie has finished (our customer) "he's back to finish off tomarrow" Me "ok then we can take our equipment away " her " well we will need it to finish the roof".
Hmm they have had the scaffold for over 8 weeks and I'm a bit peeved they let some other boys do the other side when we didn't even get a phonecall. I asked the lads was there any problems last time they went and they said "no everything was sound" we could do with the gear back also.
To be a C@nt or to not be a c@nt.
:mad: :bigsmile:

The voice of reason!!
1) you provided an access scaffold of a given sized for a given period of time for an agreed cost.
2) you were asked to provide a quote for additional works
3) you chose not to provide the quote in a reasonable and timely fashion as indicated in 4 & 5 below
4) someone else was asked to quote and was successful
5) someone else erected the scaffold in your absence

(Thus indicating you did not respond in a timely fashion)

If the client wants to build walls, paint the windows or erect a roof off of the scaffold you hired him and provided it is fit for the purpose you don't have much say in the matter.

Being wounded because you were slow to respond is a natural response but does not make it the clients fault, bite the bullet and offer additional hire rate if the scaffold is beyond the agreed hire period and you think you are in the right.

Not always what you want to hear I guess

regards
Alan

Tbh m8 ur contractual obligations were wiv your client the bricklayer which finish 2day- so speak to the homeowner who after all may not be worldly wise & explain the situation to them & say that if ghey are willing tonpay the additional hire up front then you'll leave it up for their convienience if not however then it will need to be removed to be used elsewhere....keep professional & speak ur surprise at not having had the opertunity to erect the otherside but ur not a charity afterall they wouldnt be able to hire a cement mixer for 12wks but only pay for 8.
remember your service is often given through word of mouth & bad service in the eyes of the client can be swept through facebook now & ultimitly lose you work in the long run

Correct, contractual obligations are to the Client (in this case the brickie) but the hire period is the hire period which he may choose to extend even if the original scope of his work is finished. It may be that there was no period stated in the quote or there may be a daily hire rate or even a period with an extended daily hire rate.

The competition of his original scope of works may not be the catalyst for you to dismantle the scaffold nor is the original intended period for which it was hired. The trigger may be his request to off hire the scaffold or his refusal to pay a fair and reasonable continued hire rate.

I would put this one down to experience and leave it. If you didn`t quote for a specific period (the hire period) then you cant then try and ask for more because they haven`t yet finished. You must of expected a new roof to be built on top of a new wall. The lesson is ALWAYS ask how long they want it for and ALWAYS quote with a hire period and an weekly extra hire rate.

Top Bottom