Tax rebate at this time of year

Aye up Been working in Sheffield for the past 3 month and I can't wait to see the backbofbit the accent round there is horrendous although not as bad as the lads from Barnsley :D

Ey benjo. Theres nowt wrong wi us yorkshire lads, but the lads from west yorkshire are the better bunch. Not that southern lot....lol lol

Hi all and a Happy New Year!

Sorry... just thought I'd have a shufty through and saw this thread.

OK... sorry you had to wait so long for a rebate... hope it wasn't us... and if it was I can very safely say, its HMRC's fault.

From registering to getting a rebate can take up to 12 weeks, although often quicker and certainly should be in this digital age. We try to speed things up as quick as we can but sometimes HMRC will just pick a random file to look more thoroughly at.

In 2013 (funny saying it like that) we went through a very rigorous compliance procedure with HMRC and can say that they are satisfied with out working practices, which is great news. For us it means HMRC should let us get on with business in a more efficient way and for our clients it means even more security regarding the rebates we get for them.

Do not believe anyone that says evidencing a claim is not necessary as that particular boat has long sailed and HMRC are cracking down massively on unscrupulous tax agents.

Anyway - I digress but did want to make that bit quite clear.

Yes, PAYE can claim tax back on necessary work expenses. These are likely to include travel to different sites, tools, uniform wear - anything that costs you to do your job that you get no recompense for can probably be claimed. Evidence will be necessary and its just a matter of keeping any receipts you get - just stick them in an envelope!

We'd prefer you to call us, of course, to discuss any of this... it'll cost you nothing to chat it over. (Who is punter? :eek: bandying about those who shall not be named (yep - getting ready for the final Harry Potter!)).

We're open tomorrow and Friday... 12 - 3. If you've not done a tax return before and think you may be due tax back, call us and find out. Tax deadline day for 2012 - 2013 is 31st January.

I thank you! :D

Hey Punter!

I'm confused... yeah I know, doesn't take much :bigsmile:.

Do you mean:

"You do my tax returns for me"

or

"Well, you do my tax returns for me" (instead of them who shall not be named - sorry, just got home and I'm on catch up!)

If we do them for you - why are you suggesting others do them? :) (Sorry without a real name, I wouldn't know if you are a client).

Top Bottom