Tax rebate at this time of year

If your vans provided with fuel card then no benj, cos your company claim that back, its for personnal transport only.

I'm no expert Phil, but I think it depends on what you do. What ever you have to spend to do your job is fair game as far as I know. The boys here have no chance as they start at the yard and I transport them from there, but there are plenty who have to get about themselves.

I suppose if your spending £100 a week on petrol to get to work

if you company is regester at say longmile road but you travel to compton road you can claim to the compton road job from your house for the first year. a lot of the lads have said they travel to site rather than the yard so get them money back every mile, think its up to 45p a mile .20 miles aday there and back etc. spanners work boots clothes for work all can be put down as expeces accred under paye. sure if ya work after 6 pm you can claim for evening meal. all this adds up and a good accountant will get you a few more quid but its up to you if you think you can get it all your self ring hmrc your selfe but it mite be worth that accountant takign 10 15 percent every 1000 to get you that bit more but weather thell get you more or less than there cost i have no idea i presume they will because thell know every thing you can claim on probbly a lot more than 10 15 more than you lol

That is what I thought,even if it cost you 200 a week to get to work that is your problem not your bosses.

Ah it's reyt rather have my van and fuel card than p!ss about with that sh!t it's too complicated

Get a bicycle and a bottle of water :laugh::laugh:

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Is it very rough the weather up with you AOM ? its blowing a right gale here all the windows rattling in the hoose

It's kinda unusual here Phil, we've been battered by 70 to 80 winds about every second day for the past few weeks. For some reason though we've had very little damage or disruption, can't really figure it out. The ferries have been a nightmare though. I'm finally getting an artic load back tomorrow from a job that we struck a fortnight ago. I think it may be further north getting the real damage.

where I am Cambridgeshire we are getting pounded broke up and iam bored already sat here at 1.30 in the morning threading the old hen is snoring an farting like a gooden two weeks of this will do my nut in whats it going to be like when retirement comes

Much of the same im afraid ssc lol lol.. Im the same pal all finished for a week and im more bored than a board.

iam that bored I was contemplating doing something really stupid like pounding the old hen but I dare not wake her other wise I will get a roasting so sat here with the log burner going hell for leather with my 2 staffs iam not having 2 wks off going to call DNA in the morning and sort this out

Lol. Id love a bit of cash in hand work over the next few days to stop me going insane, saying that im cooking xmas dinner again this year for 10 so will be busy the next couple o days. After that get me back to fecking work.

couldn't agree more this turkey is already roasted where ya from 80ty the big smoke and does Yorkshire lee live in london

He sounds like a character does he run his own firm and are you a subbie 80ty or work direct iam on the books steady away I live in Cambridgeshire but my heart is still in Sheffield I will probably end up back there when I retire still go back now and again it still as the good old fashioned spit an sawdust pubs most people are skint but that's where you meet the finest characters pubs where I live are very clicky took the locals 5years just to say morning if ya know what I mean?

Lol mate. Im direct employed and to be honest i get looked after on here. Yeah lee runs his own firm not sure what its called, a bit of a character you could say..lol.
I dont go back home often buddy but i know what you mean ei people being clicky. Not alot of people can handle us loud yorkshire folk can they.lol lol

that's so true well 80ty going to try some sleep in the old scratcher have a gooden bud try and enjoy your rest?

Top Bottom