Stabila

Leon

Firstly, good work and thanks for taking time out to stage an image to include the S/K applied to Steel Works this will help those Scaffs who have not yet been introduced to them.

Thank again Leon for donating the images, you are now the Site's official Paparazzi ;)

Any Scaffs got Any more weird and wonderful Couplers ? :eek:

Leon :idea::idea:

well done mate, do you not fancy adding those pics to the study group.

We have no pics on there as yet, and hopefully they would be there for future Reference, Training and learning aids.

Garry

Your Friction clamp pic would alo be appreciated in the SSG

Paddy

try lying and get them to pay, they will get most of it back. Good Luck

Come on lads...training is a 2 way street, if a business is prepared to spend good money on ultimatley furthering your career then a commitment from you including job security (They are less inclined to lay off lads that have had company investment) can not be a bad thing. As for getting most back that is far from the case especially when you take into account wages whilst the lad is attending the course.

It is precisley this type of situation that forces companies into the much debated "Sign Up" training agreements.

We are all in this together lads whether on the tools or in the office and ultimatley for the good of our industry.

P.S. Scaff...I did note the first bit of your response to willie regarding "you would be less inclined to commit to sponser the training"

Last edited:
PW
With you all the way mate, we invest £1,000s every year, we do insist on a training agreement, and to be honest I think it's only fair. I have been telling lads for years to get thier training done, do your portfolios, but they didn't bother now they wonder why they can't get work. You are correct on the wages part grant scheme does not account for this.

Come on lads...training is a 2 way street, if a business is prepared to spend good money on ultimatley furthering your career then a commitment from you including job security (They are less inclined to lay off lads that have had company investment) can not be a bad thing. As for getting most back that is far from the case especially when you take into account wages whilst the lad is attending the course.

It is precisley this type of situation that forces companies into the much debated "Sign Up" training agreements.

We are all in this together lads whether on the tools or in the office and ultimatley for the good of our industry.

P.S. Scaff...I did note the first bit of your response to willie regarding "you would be less inclined to commit to sponser the training"
PW
I appreciate training is a 2 way street but in my post to scaff i said the chosen few would get the training for the exact reason you stated , but if i went on the supervisors course and then got a better job offer i would take the job and gladly pay them for putting me through the course, because i would also be getting more money in the new job.

Willie,you say that you would gladly repay the cost of the course if you were offered a better job after completing the course,why not just put yourself through the course like i am going to do,then you are not commited to anybody but yourself.

Willie,you say that you would gladly repay the cost of the course if you were offered a better job after completing the course,why not just put yourself through the course like i am going to do,then you are not commited to anybody but yourself.
Hello daz.
I will probably end up doing the course off mind own back but i'm just about to do an IOSH course so the supervisors course will have to wait for a while.

angle level

What you are describing is an angle beade , used them on the forth rail bridge to follow the angle of the bridge . If you use one of these get the first lift in then prefab the rest . These angle levels are always going off .

Scaffarobbo

Thanks for that M8---that's some job eh :eek:---is that a Rig Blast Job ?

It was a few years ago I was on it and it was SGB . Stuck it for three months . Not a good job to be on , the money was crap the weather was crap and it was the usual GB everything weighed a tonne ( APART FROM YOUR WAGE PACKET ) .

Scaffarobbo

Aye, SGB could be a bit grippy wi the coppers eh especialy when Harsco( or should that be Harschole ) took over---what you up to now ?

Offshore with RBG on the Buchan A platform . Was with salamis but they lost the contract so swapped hats . Got a core position 2-3 you canny wack it .
Where you at ?

Scaffarobbo

Im on the Beach at the moment, waiting for the Shut Down Season to start---was with RBG 80s and St Fergus Gas Terminal Last year.

Ha ha yes it`s still affloat . Every time I come home the misses thinks I`ve been in the sun for a fortnight , I have to explain it`s hard to wash the bloody rust off cause the Buchan is covered in it .
Good rig though .

Top Bottom