Stabila

garry

dont think we carry SK couplers mate, il check and get back to you.
you should try DSL Aberdeen Altans,

Leon

Im lookin for a few S/K's to take some pics for the Scaffs on the Forum---some of the Bro's have never seen on or know how to apply them.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

K1ng B1lly

I was up scraning in Debiez Yard 2day but nae Joy---they usualy get some on the returns from Offshore back logs---nae signs

Like I was saying to Leon, Im tryin to put some images on the Forum---I wouldni mind but I had a tiscon rake O'the feckers but I punted them.

Hello gary
I am about to take an iosh course in a couple of weeks and was wondering
what kind of clout it carries in relation to the nebosh general cert.
I am trying to move into the supervisory side of the game and need to
get some h/safety behind my c.v. Any advise from yourself or the other lads
would be welcome thanks.

Willie mate welcome

I would need more details about the course your about to carry out m8.

The H&S route, is as most things nowadays, allocation of NVQ status. The NEBOSH GC is equivalent to level 3, i completed the TUC Dip in OHAS, at level 3, which entitled me to join (fee) IOSH with the post nominal Tech IOSH, however if you are doing as i think the 1 day IOSH Working safely, or the 4 day Managing safely, you would of gained alot of knowledge, and a cert for your portfolio.

Willie, pop along to the Scaffolder Study group mate, and register, see what we can help you with m8
Regards
Paddy and SG members

Willie,
I can't comment on the NEBOSH question but as far as the IOSH goes I may be able to help a bit. As fom the 1st of January 2010 the UKCG require your supervisors to be trained to a certain level: http://www.ukcg.org.uk/fileadmin/do...sor_Training_Standards_-SR_version_Sept09.pdf

The NASC Supervisors course is also acceptable.

Our advanced scaffolders were getting IOSH Supervising Safely 3 day training until one of our clients said it was not construction specific enough (I was not happy) any way our advanced scaffolders now do the 2 day SSSTS course.

I am pretty sure the NEBOSH is more than adequate for a supervisors role. Good luck

Garry

Are you refering to these?

Attachments

• girder clamp.jpg
    girder clamp.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 80
think the Stevie Knight was more similar to a gravlok than anything else

Scaff

No M8 thats nae them---Iv tried to get Pics of the S/K but they are like hens teeth Man---Leon has a bag of them in his yard---and he is going to send a few pics. Iv got one of those---I think they are more like cheque fittings !.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Leon M8---try and fix the S/K on to a peice of steel work with a wee dropper or a but---just to illustrate the application---thanks

Willie mate welcome

I would need more details about the course your about to carry out m8.

The H&S route, is as most things nowadays, allocation of NVQ status. The NEBOSH GC is equivalent to level 3, i completed the TUC Dip in OHAS, at level 3, which entitled me to join (fee) IOSH with the post nominal Tech IOSH, however if you are doing as i think the 1 day IOSH Working safely, or the 4 day Managing safely, you would of gained alot of knowledge, and a cert for your portfolio.

Willie, pop along to the Scaffolder Study group mate, and register, see what we can help you with m8
Regards
Paddy and SG members
Paddy thanks for your reply i'm doing the 4 day managing safely course i wanted to do the nebosh general certificate but i'm not certain where i'll be working

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Willie,
I can't comment on the NEBOSH question but as far as the IOSH goes I may be able to help a bit. As fom the 1st of January 2010 the UKCG require your supervisors to be trained to a certain level: http://www.ukcg.org.uk/fileadmin/do...sor_Training_Standards_-SR_version_Sept09.pdf

The NASC Supervisors course is also acceptable.

Our advanced scaffolders were getting IOSH Supervising Safely 3 day training until one of our clients said it was not construction specific enough (I was not happy) any way our advanced scaffolders now do the 2 day SSSTS course.

I am pretty sure the NEBOSH is more than adequate for a supervisors role. Good luck

Scaff thanks for your reply and the info the firm i'm working for at the minute are sending "certain" lads on the supervisors course but i dont think i'll be in the chosen few because i wont commit to them, have you any idea of the cost if it's reasonable i might pay for it myself.

willie

The CITB CISRS Supervisors course is £795 5 day block release, some places will let you do 1 day a week. I have to say Willie I would be less inclined to pay if you couldn't commit just a little, try lying and get them to pay, they will get most of it back. Good Luck

Had a crazy day today Garry, so will get your pics tomorrow now. Any other things you want like dog bones (Before Ali beams were common) etc.....

Leon

Ye, the more images of Fittings ect the better and we could start a picture Gallery for the SSG---this will help in the selection and identification of Component parts for those who are Learning how to Design Traditional Structures---the selection of the different types of Components available in the market places is a consideration often over looked.

we have got the old dog bones thrown into a corner of the yard,will get a pic tomorrow,but havnt a clue how to put it on here,will require some assistance..

willie

The CITB CISRS Supervisors course is £795 5 day block release, some places will let you do 1 day a week. I have to say Willie I would be less inclined to pay if you couldn't commit just a little, try lying and get them to pay, they will get most of it back. Good Luck
Scaff.

Thanks for the help with the course mate, the firm i'm with will put you on courses but make you sign an agreement that if you leave before 2 years they can charge you for the course in question, did it to a mate over his advanced course kept his holiday pay not to sure if its legal but i might try and bluff em .

Hi lads I remember the SK you needed 3 hands to put 1 on and if you tightened it up the wrong way it could bust i was never so glad when the beam clamp came in, you was talking about the friction clamp i droped 1 of the flair on the beryl bravo they make a big splash lol
gaz

garry

got a bit red faced when i asked my boss what an S/k was, unkowing to my knowledge its another name for a Grav lock or a beam clamp or is it, felt like a right tit

Gaz

Aye, Neptune Scaffoldings got a good stock of Gear eh M8 ;)---gaven a few scaffolds a salt water test myself :nuts:LOLooooo---the Divers use to tell me that the sea bed around the Brent B was like the Forest of Birs :eek:. who you workin with offshore Gaz ?

---------- Post added 17th February 2010 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 16th February 2010 at 11:53 PM ----------

K1ng B1lly

Although the S/K and a Gravlock/Beam clamp are both used to attach a tube to Steel Work, they are totally different in Design and your Boss should have pointed out the difference---if any one should have a beamer and feel like a tit is certainly not you M8.

Hi Garry A.
Im with RBG just now on the sick just waiting to get back to work.Your comment about the supervisor that made King b feel like a tit was spot on. The so called supervisor should remember not every one is born with a spanner in there hand. We all learn something new every day
Gaz

72315663.jpg

SK

dogbones.jpg

Dog Bones

Last edited:
Top Bottom