SSSTS/SMSTS or CISRS Supervisor?

Don't know what the fuc.k you are all on about. PC...Principal Contractor ie:Skanska, Bovis etc have asked specifically that myself and numerous other lads I know had to have SMSTS to run the job. NOT look after other trades or be a site agent. Think something has been lost in translation there. Maybe some accept the Scaff supervisor but not when specifically asked for SMSTS.

Mmm,not been asked for that one vllb,and they wont accept your cisrs card:huh:is this common down south then?anyone experienced this up north?:unsure:

Last edited:
As Mark said, cisrs supervisor is acceptable for the likes of Carillion, Lend Lease (Bovis) Mace and pretty much all the other big boys.

Jason would only be supervising anyway, so sssts would be perfectly adequate for that role.

Don't listen to anything else, I deal with these pricks everyday, and its my job to know.

I cannot think of any of our managers or supervisors who carry the smsts card - just cisrs supervisor or sssts.

as opposed to shelling out for courses why not try and get taken on as a supervisor(trainee)with the firmj your with or have a good name with.Explain your reasons that way you dont get flung to the wolves,as regards the paperwork side of things and then they can put you through the course needed for the client.;)

As Mark said, cisrs supervisor is acceptable for the likes of Carillion, Lend Lease (Bovis) Mace and pretty much all the other big boys.

Jason would only be supervising anyway, so sssts would be perfectly adequate for that role.

Don't listen to anything else, I deal with these pricks everyday, and its my job to know.

I cannot think of any of our managers or supervisors who carry the smsts card - just cisrs supervisor or sssts.

SSSTS means mean's you can only supervise your own gang
SMSTS means I can supervise 2 or more gangs
as I said EARLIER cisrs supervisors card is equilivent of SMSTS but I don't know if PCs see it that way because why would I ask

SSSTS means mean's you can only supervise your own gang
SMSTS means I can supervise 2 or more gangs
as I said EARLIER cisrs supervisors card is equilivent of SMSTS but I don't know if PCs see it that way because why would I ask

Who made those rules up then?

Berkley homes, st George, st james, all the same major house building company all require what we are talking about
different site different rules these companies operate as above

Smsts is health and safty ticket for site managemant. Fuk knows why a scaffold superv. would need one of these.

No limit on the amount of gangs you can run with your cisrs card,as mark from isl says just refer them to the ukcg website to which they subscribe;)

Can you get government funding for these courses Jason? If they do funding for part 1s why not for the glamour boys?

Just get your company to pay for it then go on sick for a week, get your week in hand then jack and go elsewhere.

Hey presto, free course funding. I expect all you lot replying to this thread to have at least a SSSTS by the end of Feb.

whats your decision Jason because before you make it I can tell you that you do not need to do one of these courses

I'm thinking of doing the ssssssttttssssssssssssssssttttttssssssssssssswtfssssssssssssssttttsssssssssss
course,you get a shiny new card if you can remember what the initials stand for,but dont worry,if you forget you can always go on the 17 day refresher course:nuts:

I'm thinking of doing the ssssssttttssssssssssssssssttttttssssssssssssswtfssssssssssssssttttsssssssssss
course,you get a shiny new card if you can remember what the initials stand for,but dont worry,if you forget you can always go on the 17 day refresher course:nuts:

'School Student Special Transport Scheme'

FFS everyone knows that!

Top Bottom